Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
seems to help (Read 758 times)
miikkee
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

st thomas,ontario,canada
seems to help
Dec 17th, 2008 at 10:51am

I was diagnosed with cluster headaches 3 weeks after they started on nov.5.
I was first treated for sinus infection. After no relief went back to doctor who suspected cluster headaches.
My headaches were every day,1 in afternoon,1 at night about 8 on kip scale.
I had just got over cataract surgery when they started about a week later.Doctors say there is no connection.
I am ashift worker who was working straight midnights before i come off of it for my cataract surgery.

To start my doctor treated me with 80mg verapamil 3 times a day,1week of prednizone and relpax.
The relpax really helped and would take away the pain if i took it a soon as i felt the headache coming on.But the headaches kept coming like clockwork.
I went back to my doctor and he increased verapamil to 160mg 3 times a day.
So far this has really helped and i am using less relpax which was my savior the first month.

My headache log shows 3 days without a attack.
Hope this trend continues
Note -coffee seems to help a bit
       -staying busy seems to help Smiley

IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Re: seems to help
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2008 at 11:09am

Glad you found us! Sorry you needed to. The beast sucks!

Nothing like a bonafide diagnosis from a neurologist or other headache awares person. You should for sure see a neurologist and get some tests done to rule out anything else. There are uncountable different headaches, a lot mimic CH.

That being said, there will be more knowledgeable people along shortly to fill in the things I forgot to mention.

Oxygen!! Talk to your doctor and get the prescription. It needs to read...

100% Oxygen at 15 liters per minute via non-rebreather mask

25LPM would be much better. but 15 is a start! There's a link on the left entitled "oxygen info". Click it and start reading. As a matter of fact, read everything on this board. There is so much info here you'll be overwhelmed at first, but stick to it. Pretty soon you will no more than most doctor's about it.

Like I said, more people will be along soon to say a lot more stuff. Pay attention to em. They may not be doctors, but they know quite a lot!

PFD2U
Eric

https://www.facebook.com/eric.mcgaha  
IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Re: seems to help
Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2008 at 11:39am

Eric, the oxygen info link on the left now takes you to the LifeGas site to order the o2ptimask.  Smiley  Basically, there's oxygen info terms explained "stickied" up at the top of this forum, and just search for a few 02 threads in this forum - lots of great info, just not where it used to be.

Laurie Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2008 at 11:49am by Garys_Girl »  

This is enough already
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!