Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
generic Imitrex (Read 722 times)
Nytewatchyr
CH.com Newbie

Blessed Be

my own little world
generic Imitrex
Dec 21st, 2008 at 11:35pm

Hi all,

Hopefully I won't be repeating someone else's post but I was wondering if anyone's noticed a difference between Imitrex and the new generic form, whether a difference in result or a difference in side effects.

I myself suffer from migraines as a result of fibromyalgia and lupus.  My wonderful hubby unfortunately suffers from clusters.  So we are both prescribed Imitrex in pill form and in injection form.  I've never had any side effects from Imitrex in the past.  The last two injections I took, however, were generic and gave me the burning inside sensations that others have mentioned.  I also had extreme dizziness and a sorta "out of body" feeling.  I had also just started a calcium channel blocker for palpitations and an irregular heart rate, and I had initially thought it was the combination of  the drugs.  My hubby, however, thinks that the switch to generic could have created the side effects.  I've had problems with other meds when switched to generic, so I know the delivery systems often vary. 

Soooo... was  simply wondering if anyone else has noticed differences?

Kat
nytewatchyr  
IP Logged

Nyteguardyan
CH.com Junior

Someone pluck out my right
eye please.

Port Republic, Maryland
Re: generic Imitrex
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 11:54pm

I have a reaction to Imitrex, hair feels like it's on fire, generally feel like crap after the meds. But the generic equivelant injection made me feel worse. My skin was on fire from my nipple line up. It was awful. =(

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW ffemtp22560  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!