Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Venting on my first day here! (Read 928 times)
Growly
CH.com Newbie

I <3 Espresso and Wife
in no particular order
:D

Sydney, Australia
Venting on my first day here!
Dec 26th, 2008 at 1:13pm

I'm blimmin sick of this. Haven't made church in 3 months, trying to run a business and juggle the debt-monster with weeks of shadows and clusters with no remit. 5AM and I can't flippin sleep with this beast,    don't want to go to bed and upset my wife and don't want to stay up and upset her. If I go to bed with a cluster I wake up with a cluster, if I don't go to bed with a cluster I lose days and nights. I'm an unproductive wreck masquerading as a grown man.

At least I get to deal with anger and patience problems I never knew I had......ah but I didn't have them until I had my first cluster bomb. And I've got a sodding (that's a clod of earth-ing) cold. Can't sneeze without setting off my beast, can't hold a sneeze without setting the beast off. Found the smell of nail polish was a trigger today, went from K5 to K8/9 in 4 seconds, acceleration is a wench Sad

Just want to work 8 hours, sleep 8 hours (restful) and eat and rest like one of those average, normal people I see wandering around. I'm sick of the taste of the coffee that gets me through each day, and I used to love it so much. And I don't know how not to upset my wife... I can't hide the pain and it's not fair to her when I try. Just want sleep.

IP Logged

JSCartier
CH.com Newbie

Pardon But has anyone
seen my brain ??

Kodak, TN
Re: Venting on my first day here!
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2008 at 4:36pm

Growly,

Go ahead and vent , that is part of why we are here.

I myself an relatively new here and still learning the ropes of what meds and what aboarts works for me , but I am sure there is someone on the board that has a lot more time under the belt ( Wish with all that I am that they did not , I dont believe the beast should visit anyone ).

All I can advise at this time is hang in there , have plenty of red bull, oxygen and aborts on the ready ( though your millage may vary ) and get a hold of your Doc and or neuro and let them know whats going on , they might be able to do something to at least minimize the K level and let you rest.

As for the 9 - 5 productive normal person ... I would love to be able to go back to work tomorrow and be productive  but as for now the beast has other plans. Besides why be normal Smiley
 " I'm an unproductive wreck masquerading as a grown man."
   Dang don't that seem to wrap it up in a nutshell

Give your wife a hug, maybe a good cry and kick the beast to the curb if you can, if not then at least lock em in the back bedroom and enjoy a few hours of restful sleep

Wishing many a week of PFDAN to ya !!!

Anyone Have a Spoon ??.. If i can just get the right eye out ..
JSCartier shonge@mac.com  
IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2008 at 9:07pm

Welcome to your new family!  I'm sorry you have to be here!

You'll find a lot of support here on this board- the kind you can only get from people who have been there and are down in the trenches with the beast as we speak.  NO ONE understands this shite unless they've had it too!  Cheesy

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #3 - Dec 26th, 2008 at 9:50pm

Welcome. I know this will sound like a load of shit but you need to live your life between the hits. Believe me i know it can be tough to live while in cycle, Take full advantage of the time you dont have hits. Think about getting some melatonin it will help the night hits and help you sleep. Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

sheena.t
CH.com Newbie

If it aint broke why fix
it

SW England (UK)
Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 4:58pm

Hi there
I don't know about you but i found a good rant has had a powerful effect on me, I don't like to talk about it much to non-CH people so this site has been a breath of fresh air for me...
Rant on!!!
Smiley
sheena

Maddoglady and proud   ! ! !

IP Logged

BlueDog
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

SoCAL, USA
Reply #5 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 6:40pm

Sorry you had to find the CH family here, but you've really got a great resource now.  Share your successes and failures and others with more experience will share back.  Read and study the information you get and take it to your doctors.

I'm new to the site and CH's and I don't know if I could have made it through the last 8 weeks or so without the great people and information I have been exposed to through this site.

Be specific with what is working and not working and be sure to read the links to the left, especially the one about Oxygen.

Best wishes to you and hope you stay around and learn more to control the beast.

Pain Free Days and Nights are my wish for you and all of us here!

Bluedog

I'm surviving it all!

IP Logged

bsic
CH.com Junior

Reply #6 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 7:45pm

O2 O2 O2!!  It gave me my life back, to some degree. 

Vent away Growly- I have just entered my second pain free day, and I think im out of my cycle now (HOPING!!!), but the last few weeks I felt every bit as miserable and frustrated as you write- the lack of sleep had me in a daze for weeks, and depression can set in very easily.  Hopefully you find some solace knowing that you can vent to others who know your pain, and are here to listen. 

Now go get some O2 and RedBull!!!

Cheers and PF days to you-

Bill

My hypothalamus is bigger than yours.
bsicaras  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!