Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello, I'm a girlfriend of a clusterhead... (Read 1109 times)
niqui
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

California
Hello, I'm a girlfriend of a clusterhead...
Dec 28th, 2008 at 6:07pm

My name is niqui and I found this place by chance. I was actually looking up other potenial treatments for my boyfriend of 4 years. He's been suffering with cluster headaches for 3 years  and I was with him when his first one hit. I was so scared, I didn't even know how to help him. Come to find out his bilogical father has suffered with clusters since his early 20's. What bothers me though is that when he was younger he was diagnosed with some crazy psycological disorder and put him on heavy medications to deal with his "problems." After talking to his neurologist we found out that he was actually suffering from early signs of cluster headaches. He was experiancing extreme rage and anger that would come out of nowhere. I want to know how doctors can miss something that is so plane in their face. They had his family history which his mother clearly stated his father had clusters. It crazy that something so many people have doctors have no clue what they are. Sometimes the clusters have been so bad I've sat on my boyfriend to hold him down so he wouldn't hurt himself. Durning his cycles i find him banging his head against the wall and screaming in pain. I've held his head against me chest so tight I thought I would hurt him but it's what he wanted. He's even been in a car accident due to his clusters. He has tried many meds to help him. Topamx has worked the best but he has horrible nightmares and nightterrors on it. We've slowly realized it's a give and take with these little monsters. Luckly we know his cycles now so we can plan them out and know when the next ones should hit. But we are still searching for something better to help him.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Re: Hello, I'm a girlfriend of a clusterhead...
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 6:56pm

Quote:
it's a give and take with these little monsters.

Aint it the truth.
stick around and read you will find something better..promise
the bb

IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 7:00pm

niqui wrote on Dec 28th, 2008 at 6:07pm:
But we are still searching for something better to help him.

Hi Niqui & welcome

Oxygen, Oxygen, Oxygen a greater percentage of us get the best results of aborting clusters from Oxygen; read up on the links to the left there’s all the info you need & its safe & cheap.

Thanks for being a great supporter.
Supporters ROCK Smiley

Cheers
Barry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 7:33pm

welcome to the board. this place is think tank. since ch is so rare, many of us use this board to compare treatments and meds. no question is too stupid and feel free to rant and rave when your upset. thats what we're here for Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 7:46pm

Welcome, and THANK GAWD for good people like you who support us!!!

CH is actually very rare, and GP's have to cover so much ground that they must be a "jack of all trades, master of none."  They are only required to have, what, 4 hours of "headache" training, and there are hundreds of different headaches out there to learn about.  Just be glad that you have finally gotten the diagnosis and you can fight the beast.

This is the board for support (for BOTH of you) AND for discussions of the latest treatments and research...read, read, read.

Print out articles and research to give to his doctors, and don't take no for an answer on the treatments everyone recommends, like oxygen for starters.

And also check out clusterbusters.com.  They have the low-down on the alternative treatment that has been a life-saver for many sufferers.

Welcome to the family!  Wink

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #5 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 7:53pm

Welcome to the family.  I'm the wife of a sufferer.

I can't stress enough how important it is to read, read and read some more about this condition.  The links to the left are a great place to start.  If you have any questions feel free to ask.  Someone will be along shortly with an answer for you.

If you haven't done so already, find a good neurologist to help you find the right plan of attack.  O2 works well for a lot of sufferers.

Don't forget to take care of yourself too.  Make time for yourself like reading a good book, taking a bubble bath with a nice glass (or bottle) of wine.

Hang in there and keep helping your boyfriend all you can.  Sounds like you're a great supporter.

Pop on into supporters corner anytime you need to vent. 

Jen
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2008 at 8:17pm by flipperlips »  

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!