Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GREAT NEWS!! (Read 1191 times)
Monica
CH.com Junior

My love for Joe is stronger
than the beast!!

Thornville Ohio
GREAT NEWS!!
Dec 30th, 2008 at 10:34am

Just heard from Dr and the O2 company will be contacting us today...YEAHHH!!!!! Dr did state he ordered 7 L with a mask, I asked if he could change to 15L but he suggested we start at 7. Hell, I'll take it, at least it is a start and we can go from there!!

I read the blog from Batch on O2 and CO2 in regards to the CO2 build up, but how do I know if it is giving Joe a negative effect? The last thing I want is for him to feel more pain and for the beast to last longer than what he already does!! Would Joe need to hyperventilate during the O2 administration?

Joe says he never see's Kip levels 1-7 since the hit comes in his sleep and when he wakes he is already at an 8 then elevating to a 10 within a minute or so; the 10 lasting up to one and half hours.

So Joe has Imitrex injectables and soon the O2, should he administer the injectable then go to the O2 or should he go straight to the O2? Joe is a smoker, 1 pk a day.

By the way, can you explain Shadowing? I asked Joe if this happens to him and he said he was not sure. Maybe if I could explain to him what it is, he could then let us know.

Thank you so much for all your help!
Monica Cheesy

Monica Lovejoy  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: GREAT NEWS!!
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 10:44am

The trick with the 7LPM flow will be controlling his breathing. He'll have to force himself to inhale very slowly, to keep up with the slower flow of oxygen. If he tries to breathe faster then the 02 is being delivered, then he starts getting outside air, which dilutes the 02, and decreases its chance for being effective. (E-bay had high flow regulators for cheap!)

Shadows are when you start to get a CH attack. It has all the characteristics of a full on CH, the droopy eye, runny nose, tingling tightening sensation, but it just never launches into a full scale attack. I told my wife it''s when I can feel the beasts claws scratching at the edge of my brain, but he just never digs in.

Have him go with the 02 first. I can abort the vast majority of my attacks with just 02. It's extrememly rarae I have to resort to the imitrex anymore. I hope it works as well for him.

I'd put you up there with the best supporters we've seen on this board, my wife included. He's damned lucky to have you in his corner.

JOe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Monica
CH.com Junior

than the beast!!

Thornville Ohio
Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 10:49am

Thank you, you made my eyes well up! I can't express enough on how much all of you have helped me; you are all a blessing!! Okay, now the tears are flowing!!
XOXOXO

Monica Lovejoy  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 10:54am

Before you can fine-tune a machine, you must first have the machine. You now have it so let the fun begin!

Rule 1 is leaving the cigarettes and lighter in another room. There's nothing than worse than coming down from a K9 to find your clothes and house are on fire.

Rule 2 is that even if the mask and lpm aren't perfect, there's ways to get the best out of what you have. Improvements come with time, be patient.

Rule 3 is remembering it's not a cure, but fair dinkum it helps a lot of people.

Rule 4 is looking forward. Always forward.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Monica
CH.com Junior

than the beast!!

Thornville Ohio
Reply #4 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 10:58am

Great to hear from an Aussie! My brother lives in Robina and my mother is there now visiting! I will be coming in June, your winter but I can't wait!
Thank you for the information and YES keep the lighter far away!
Kiss

Monica Lovejoy  
IP Logged

MidgetNMinx
CH.com Junior

My love is stronger then
his beast!

Grants Pass, OR
Reply #5 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 11:03am

I am so glad to hear that relief is just around the corner for you guys *fingers crossed and finding wood to hit*

Here's hoping that Joe is one of the lucky ones that O2 will knock it out fast for. And a  Smiley for you that you can keep or you can share it with Joe, LoL

Best wishes for PFD&N
Minxy

There is no such thing as I know enough!
midgetnminx  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!