Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Frequency & Duration (Read 1226 times)
Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Frequency & Duration
Jan 18th, 2009 at 7:09pm

I've been able to cut the duration of my attacks in half due to the Taurine, but am having problems with frequency.

Any idea as to what would help reduce the frequency?  Do you think perhaps I should give Melatonin a try again since I am no longer on any prescription medication? 

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
mel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Lake Charles, Louisiana - USA
Re: Frequency & Duration
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 7:22pm

Well, since you asked...

Kudzu - 1000 mg, 2x per day (morning & night)  
Magnesium - 250 mg, 2x per day (morning & night)  
St. John's Wort - 300 mg, 2x per day (morning & night)  
Skullcap - 425 mg at bedtime  
Melatonin - 10 mg at bedtime  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Expect a miracle.  Wink

Regards,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

If "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger", then how come I always feel like $hit after every near-death experience?
WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 9:09pm

Hi Mel
Reading your other thread is like looking at a mirror image of what was happening to me last high cycle.
What I forgot to say about Taurine is that in my opinion it is a catalyst, that is that although is does have some benefits it makes the other supplements work better, this is why I believe the drinks like Red Bull work, it’s the Taurine that enhances the effect of the caffeine.

Something that worked for me last high cycle was IMIGRAN tablets 50mg, “Sumatriptan (as succinate)” they wouldn’t work if I took one as soon as I started to get hit & went on the o2 & the same if I took one after killing the hit with o2 but I found if taken while you are huffing on the o2 they would work & give me a 6-8 hour break which was great for during the night.
Don’t ask me why this works because I really don’t know but I remember someone else on the board having the same experience.

Keep fighting the fight
Cheers
Barry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 9:14pm

Barry, that makes a lot of sense.  That'd also explain why a 1/2 a mug of coffee works instead of a full one on my shadows.

Since I don't take RX meds, I'm going to forgo the Taurine and am getting on the Kudzu.  I'll probably experience some turmoil the next few days, but I'm prepared for it.

Thanks so much for all your help.

mel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 9:15pm

Jim, thanks for the input, will keep it in mind.

mel

IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus

Are we ourselves?

Commack,New_York
Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 9:51pm

frequency and duration has always been tremendously decreased when not taking any med.

I can't believe that I have to bang my Head against this wall again. But the blows they have just a little more Space in-between them. Gonna take a breath and try again.
Edoubleitk Edoubleitk1  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2009 at 7:27am

E-Double wrote on Jan 18th, 2009 at 9:51pm:
frequency and duration has always been tremendously decreased when not taking any med.

true, very true

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 19th, 2009 at 12:05pm

Keep on it Mel. I think maybe give Jim's combo a try. Being med free opens up more options when it comes to alternatives and herbals.
I tried Maca root. It didn't work for me but it may for someone else.
Check it out girlie.
the bb

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #8 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 2:07am

I can't remember if you said you have or haven't done the seeds?

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #9 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 7:14am

In the weeks of a cycle's early beginnings I've been able to tread lightly with treatment and get help with passing hits --  coffee, ice, melatonin and such.  As a cycle has progressed though I've wakened less than two hours after melatonin was taken and go for the oxygen first, ice won't do it anymore.  As it goes for me, it has been experience that prepares to resort to some sort of preventative to reduce frequency.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!