Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oxygen crazy side effects (Read 2081 times)
Mara Bel
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Oxygen crazy side effects
Jan 21st, 2009 at 4:54pm

I was told that the oxygen can give you a boost of energy and euphoria, but I didn't get any good information on the internet about this, so I'm asking for your opinion and experiences. Anyone had this effects?

I'm asking this because my parents said that I looked a little crazy after doing the oxygen. Is this a real effect or was I just happy because the pain was gone?

I apologize if this is a repeated question, but staring at the computer makes It come, so I didn't browse that much.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Re: Oxygen crazy side effects
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 5:07pm

Mara Bel wrote on Jan 21st, 2009 at 4:54pm:
I was told that the oxygen can give you a boost of energy and euphoria,...........................................Anyone had this effects?

Nope, never felt anything but relief from O2, even at very high flow rates. 
I used to feel a real euphoria at the end of a hit, back before any meds or oxygen - that was an honest to goodness "high" that I actually miss. Must have been an endorphin rush.  (No, I'm not willing to back there again!)

Marc

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 9:20pm

Same as Marc for me. I think what you heard is just another myth about O2. It may be just because you got over having a CH attack that you appeared a little "crazy" to your parents.?

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 9:46pm

No o2 side effects here either, right after kicking the beast's ass to to curb with o2 I am good to go! Wink

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #4 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 10:12pm

I've never heard of it.

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #5 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 12:10am

Skyhawk5 wrote on Jan 21st, 2009 at 9:20pm:
Same as Marc for me. I think what you heard is just another myth about O2. It may be just because you got over having a CH attack that you appeared a little "crazy" to your parents.?

This would be my guess.

Before a cluster, and after, my Mom can tell. It doesn't matter if I've hidden it in my room, she can ALWAYS tell.

She says I look like I'm either about to, or just had a seizure. She honestly thought I WAS having them when my cycle started.

My aunt has told me a few times that I've got a wild/crazy look in my eyes or on my face. Generally before I can tell her, Mom answers for me. "She just had a headache." This is reguardless of oxygen use.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #6 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 10:02am

I get that incredible euphoria after I've aborted a hit using the 02. Euphoria is the only word for it because my whole body is just like WOW!!! I beat it! I don't get the same euphoria when I abort using imitrex. It still stops the headache, but it leaves me feeling down.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #7 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 1:15pm

Nope, not for me. 

Most of my hits were at night after sleeping.  I did find that after aborting a hit with O2, I would be up for about an hour before I could go back to sleep.  I think that it was more the fear of getting another hit.

PFD's
                                        JPC

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #8 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 1:27pm

When awoken at night to use, I can usually fall asleep again very readily afterwards, reason for no strap on mask.  Many times though, it makes me have to go pee, don't know why.         Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2009 at 1:28pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #9 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 1:30pm

Euphoria that the hit is over, not from the 02

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!