Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any interest in Milwaukee area meet? (Read 3610 times)
slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Any interest in Milwaukee area meet?
Feb 4th, 2009 at 12:23pm

Anyone interested in setting something up in the Milwaukee area?  Could pull from Madison, Waukesha, Green Bay, Chicago.

As far as any "mini-meets" go, there are some fun events in the near future.  Milwaukee has something called Food & Froth and the Milwaukee Public Museum.  Basicially you pay to go into the museum at night and drink all the samples of beer you can handle from breweries all over the country, and there is a ton of food too.  Not the best plan for people suffering, but liberating for people in a remission or under control with treatment.  There is also a similar food based thing at the botanical gardens ("the domes"). 

Alternately, I'll be in the Wisconsin Dells area for the weekend of March 6th, and the Wisconsin Rapids area for Valentines Day weekend if anyone is interested in a "mini-meet" around there.

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Any interest in Milwaukee area meet?
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 3:41pm

Yeah, I have a suggestion.

Come see my band, Chapter 2 (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) on Saturday at Neighbor's Social Club, 260 W. Main St., Waukesha from 9-1. JrBrew's band, The Illegal Exploits, will be opening for us and should start around 8:30 or so.

I just had my salary cut, so I'm not buying any drinks, but come on out if you're so inclined.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus

Why didn't Noah swat those
two mosquitoes?

Cudahy, WI
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 12:36pm

Both Chapter 2 and The Illegal Exploits are great bands!!!

I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
WWW alienspacebabe alienspacebabe alienspacebabe 574982956 alienspacelizzie MzClusterhead  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 1:52pm

And the SpaceBabe ought to know - she's heard both bands, and her taste is impeccable.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 4:23pm

Brew wrote on Feb 4th, 2009 at 3:41pm:
Yeah, I have a suggestion.

Come see my band, Chapter 2 (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register) on Saturday at Neighbor's Social Club, 260 W. Main St., Waukesha from 9-1. JrBrew's band, The Illegal Exploits, will be opening for us and should start around 8:30 or so.

I just had my salary cut, so I'm not buying any drinks, but come on out if you're so inclined.

I'll have to see if I can put that in for this weekend, but I've got plans in Miulwaukee earlier in the night.

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 4:37pm

If you do make it out, introduce yourself to the bass player for either band and you will have found us! I play bass for Chapter 2, and my son plays bass for The Illegal Exploits. He also plays some keyboards and does sound and lights for Chapter 2. I'm the sufferer, he's one of my best supporters.

IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 7:29pm

Brew wrote on Feb 5th, 2009 at 4:37pm:
If you do make it out, introduce yourself to the bass player for either band and you will have found us! I play bass for Chapter 2, and my son plays bass for The Illegal Exploits. He also plays some keyboards and does sound and lights for Chapter 2. I'm the sufferer, he's one of my best supporters.

Will do, and I will try to make it out there.

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 8:08pm

Cool beans. Maybe we can talk a little about organizing a SE Wisconsin meet and greet.

IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 12:14pm

FYI - Anyone that gets a chance to see these bands should do so. It was a great show, and I loved the music!

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

BlueMeanie
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 11:00pm

Yes, the Brew crew can play. We've did a few get togethers up that way. When spring is sprung we should definately have another.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #10 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 2:32pm

Anyone in the SE Wisconsin area, The Illegal Exploits and Chapter 2 will be playing again this Saturday, March 14, at Neighbor's Social Club, 260 W. Main St., Waukesha from 8:30 to 1:00. Come especially to see the Exploits - they'll be starting the show at 8:30 or so. They're young, high-strung, far-flung, and they f'n ROCK!

IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #11 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 8:14pm

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to make this show.  I've got a lot going on at the moment, and trying to juggle that with prior commitments and negotiating an offer on a house... I haven't had enough hours in the day to relax.  If I somehow find myself near the Waukesha area, or with some more time than I thought I'll swing by.

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!