Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CH and pregnancy? (Read 6886 times)
xrayjd
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

CH and pregnancy?
Feb 4th, 2009 at 6:35pm

My hustband and I are wanting to start a family but I'm very nervous about getting headaches while pregnant. Did u have them while pregnant? Was there anything u could do to help you??

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: CH and pregnancy?
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 10:54pm

Hi X,

The safest thing around is Oxygen.  Do you know if that is effective for you? 

I certainly wouldn't let CH stop me from having a family.  But I'm the Dad and wouldn't be getting hit while carrying.

Good luck...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 9:36am

I have had CH since I was ten.  I have two children and did not have my CH cycle with either pregnancy. 

Please don't let CH rob you of the joy of a baby.  As Dennis said, check out 02.   

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 7:33pm

xrayjd wrote on Feb 4th, 2009 at 6:35pm:
My hustband and I are wanting to start a family but I'm very nervous about getting headaches while pregnant. Did u have them while pregnant? Was there anything u could do to help you??

Talk to your doctor about it.  Some preventatives might not be an issue in pregnancy, but it depends on your body and how they work for you.  Oxygen is definitely something that would be useful during pregnancy.  Another thing you could consider is doing a clusterbuster treatment prior to conceiving, and you might be PF the whole time.  I always worried about what would happen if I was laid up in the hospital for something and unable to communicate, and a CH cycle started... oh boy.  I guess that applies to being preganant and a lot of other things too.  It really becomes a big part of your life.  The trick is not to let it control your life, and to find the best possibly way to do as much as you can and/or want with your life.

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

arcticspirals
CH.com Junior

Lebanon,OR
Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 7:10pm

For encouragement, I was cluster free with  both my boys.
Afterwards was rough, but docs are more likely to help with O2 and other meds. I agree with the above. Talk to the doc, get prepared, makes the hestitation and worry fade.
I hope nothing stops ya from having babes, they make good runners during an attack....(kidding...maybe   Wink)

arcticspirals or_ri or_ri@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Tanyana
CH.com Junior

What? Now???

Hayden id usa
Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 8:53am

Hi, ny name is Tanyana here on ch.com.  I am 12 weeks pregnant with my third baby. I did not have clusters at all with my first and only in the first trimester with my second.  I am still in my first trimester with this one, and am having some problems with clusterheadaches.  I use o2 as my only med and abortive. If used properally o2 works and works fast. And, in my case anyway, has shown to be very good for the baby.  all of my babies were born healthy and are doing well. I encourge you to talk to your ob-gyn about pregnancy, call for a consult (most of the time the first is free) with a good cluster smart neuro. Also, read up on o2 info on the right tabs.  Another good idea might be to search oxygen flow rates on this site.  New info is coming out all the time.  o2 usage is safe and effective, natural treatment during pregnancy.    I wish you good luck.  Feel free to pm me or to send me a message on Skype.  Thank you Tanyana

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!
Patricia Anderson Roth  
IP Logged

Lissa
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 4:12pm

I didn't have any CHs when I was pregnant.  I was nervous about it too.

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.

IP Logged

cassie
CH.com Junior

The Land of Twilight
Reply #7 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 1:36pm

I got my first CH in the first trimester of my first pregnancy, they recurred during some of the other pregnancies. I sometimes had them during the third trimester.

I would not worry about it, I went on to have 5 more children.

Doubling up on the floor during a CH was a little ruff with a big tummy, but I made it through it alright.

Cassie  Wink

The best way to predict your future, is to create it.

IP Logged

SET•ME•FREE
CH.com Newbie

We Live By Our Rules,
or Die By Theirs

Hermosa Beach, CA
Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 7:57pm

Jeannie wrote on Feb 5th, 2009 at 9:36am:
I have had CH since I was ten.  I have two children and did not have my CH cycle with either pregnancy.  

Please don't let CH rob you of the joy of a baby.  As Dennis said, check out 02.  

Jeannie

My wife and I talk about having kids.  She sees how bad i suffer.  Im pretty much chronic.  The idea of having me in the room freaking out and a baby to deal with doesn't seem exciting to her.  What are your experiences? 

Also, is there any info on passing this along to children?

If anyone can here me. 
Set Me Free
Set Us All Free
http://www.facebook.com/cpetrini  
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus

Are we ourselves?

Commack,New_York
Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 9:22pm

you need to get over it dude.

those are my words of encouragement....

you have love to give then headaches or not make it happen.

unless you don't want kids.

my hannah was soothed by my o2 tank  lol
Id be in the midst of an attack but still had a child to tend to so i would rock her and my noggin while huffing oxygen...she'd sleep and i'd abort.

be well and enjoy your life.

pain or not

E

I can't believe that I have to bang my Head against this wall again. But the blows they have just a little more Space in-between them. Gonna take a breath and try again.
Edoubleitk Edoubleitk1  
IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #10 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 2:41am

E-Double wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 9:22pm:
you need to get over it dude.

those are my words of encouragement....

you have love to give then headaches or not make it happen.

unless you don't want kids.

my hannah was soothed by my o2 tank  lol
Id be in the midst of an attack but still had a child to tend to so i would rock her and my noggin while huffing oxygen...she'd sleep and i'd abort.

be well and enjoy your life.

pain or not

E

I've had similar experiences. I took care of my 2 year old and 4 year old nephew for almost 6 months, every day. And for about 3-4 months of that, I was alone with them for hours.

Which meant reguardless of what my head was doing I had to take care of them. It's NOT as impossible as it seems.

I'd rock the 2 year old, while using my 02. Or hold him or the 4 year old, whichever needed me. I found that needing to take care of them helped me keep my head a LOT better during most hits.

I'm chronic now, and I'm also positive that when I have kids of my own, I'll have no problem in taking care of them AND my hits. I know it seems like a huge mountain to climb, but you'll get through it!

PFDAN
Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!