Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clusterhead from Poland (Read 1285 times)
MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Clusterhead from Poland
Apr 28th, 2009 at 6:57am

Hello everyone,

I am 21 old and I am having forth episode in my life, the thing is all my previous episoded used to last 2-3weeks but they were 6-8 on kip scale and then finished very fast as if someone turned off some machine in my head, thing is this forth cycle started also with kip7 lasting for as usual 1 hour and about 20-40 minutes, and during sleep.

Then I freaked out and got Cinnarizinum (something like Verapamil) and the headaches started to be different, I am getting shadows all day long and then I get headaches on random hours not during sleep time, but they can last around 4 hours... which made me terribly scared, besides I also took once Triptan mouth drop and that is.

Am I becoming chronic, anyone else had such change in their usual headache pattern?

Matthew.

IP Logged

Lottie
CH.com Veteran

Re: Clusterhead from Poland
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 8:28am

I wouldn't worry about being chronic yet. I've been in cycle for 6 months now, and though that is one hell of a long time, I think being chronic means being 'in cycle' for at least a year without more than a week PF.

I also think that a lot of people around here get shadows. I don't know about the Cinnarizinum you're taking. I think here in The Netherlands it's known as Cinnarizine, and it's taken against dizziness (vertigo), motion sickness and allergies. It has vasorelaxating abilities. But I don't think it's something like Verapamil.

Are you seeing a neuro about this? Do you use any abortives, such as oxygen and Imitrex (or Imigran) injections?

Lottie

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 8:58am

Tried once Triptan mouth drop but I stopped using them since it took half hour to stop pain... I also used oxygen but not sure if it stopped attack or if it was short one..

I am pondering using psilocybine therapy but I am scared it won't work for me, reading so many people failed using it.

Anyone can say anything about having success with psilocybin and what was their illness story?

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 10:52am

Lottie wrote on Apr 28th, 2009 at 8:28am:
It has vasorelaxating abilities. But I don't think it's something like Verapamil.

Lottie

It's an interesting combination because it is an antihistamine as well as having calcium channel blocking properties so it is "similar" to verapamil in that regard.

Not sure how well it would work for clusters but.....?

I don't think its not available in the States but some people have had some limited success with dramamine and verapamil combos.

Bobw
P.S. hang in there Matty.  Smiley
P.P.S. have they stopped serving mushrooms in the cafe's yet Lottie?  Cry

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 11:22am

Does your doctor have any special knowledge & skil in treating headache? This is critical--if you have access to such a person.

The second list of treaments: print out and give to your doctor, using it as a tool to discuss treatment options.

HERE ARE TWO MAJOR DOCUMENTS WITH RECOMMENDED TREATMENTS FOR CLUSTER HEADACHE, ONE FROM A U.S. PHYSICIAN, THE SECOND FROM EUROPE.
Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002. Rozen)
================
Treatment guidelines from Europe

------
A. May, M. Leone, J. Áfra, M. Linde, P. S. Sándor, S. Evers, P. J. Goadsby:
EFNS guidelines on the treatment of cluster headache and other
trigeminalautonomic cephalalgias.
European Journal of Neurology. 2006; 13: 1066–1077.

Download free full text:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
(Thanks to "cluster" for link.)

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!