Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Botox (Read 748 times)
MITYRARE
CH.com Old Timer

autocross racer

Ontario, Canada
Botox
Jul 20th, 2009 at 6:49am

Found this on a headache discussion on a car forum. A CH friend of mine has had success with botox injected into the occipital area as well as between the eyebrows. It is suspected that a protein in the botox may be beneficial to severe headache management.

"I perform independent medical reviews for the state of California's Department of Managed Health Care. Many of the reviews involve investigational/experimental treatments for migraine and or cluster headaches The enrollee's have requested and have been denied Botox injections as a treatment protocol. Recent research as well as the medical records reviewed of these particular enrollee's have demonstrated 3-6 month relief of migraine/cluster headaches with the use of Botox. We are overturning the health plan's denial and making them pay for these treatments as long as the enrollee has tried and failed standard treatment methods. "

Paul

Paul
"car crazy"

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Re: Botox
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 7:36am

I did botox for a couple of years (every 3 months).  It helped my migraines and made them disapear but did NOTHING for my ch.   Then I had a hysterectomy and that stopped my migraines for good pretty much. I used to get 8 migraines a month.  Now I get 1 migraine every 6-9 months. So I just take imitrex for them.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!