Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank you that there is this resource for suuport! (Read 2964 times)
superwoman8977
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

The Circle City of the Midwest
Thank you that there is this resource for suuport!
Jul 30th, 2009 at 8:12am

Hi my name is Traci, my fiance and I have been together almost 6 months and just yesterday after alot of tests and unnecessary dr visits and finally a referral to a neurologist (all done within the VA since he is a disabled vet with PTSD) we were finally given the diagnosis of cluster headaches.  They have jerked him around telling him they are mailing his meds to him, in the meantime he has found that bayer aspirin powder packs bring him some relief.   I am lucky that he wants me to be with him, he isnt too keen on the whole let me help you thing and like last night he was like why is God punishing me....the only answer I could give him was that God was making him and I stronger going through this.  After we were given the diagnosis I googled cluster headaches and found your site and i was pleased to see that there was a place for supporters because I honestly when we got the diagnosis felt helpless, but thanks to reading the site and the threads in here I know that I am not alone and God has given me a mission to be his partner.  To be his strength, to be his help.  Thank you for this site and I look forward to making friends and getting help in this.  Its a great comfort to know we are not alone.  Thanks so much.  God Bless all of you!
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2009 at 8:17am by superwoman8977 »  
armywifeofmike traci kukla-hummel countrymomof3wwjd@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Re: Thank you that there is this resource for suuport!
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 1:09pm

Hi Traci.  I too, am a supporter.  Married almost 27 years, supporter for 18 years.

I'm glad you found us.  I know that it's important for the sufferers to find out others share their pain, and I believe it's important for us to know we're not alone either.  

You're a few days late for the annual OUCH convention, but I highly recommend attending either a local meet and greet or next year's convention (where in the midwest are you - I'm near Milwaukee, WI).  

Actually meeting sufferers and supporters is amazing.  I thought my DH was nuts when he wanted to meet "internet people" when the convention was held in our area 4 years ago.  But I was SOOOOOO wrong.  Some of my dearest friends have been made at these conventions.

I'm glad you found us.  Read all you can here and at the OUCH site and arm yourself with good solid treatment information.

Ask any question you might have - someone will answer.

Welcome to the family.

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 4:08pm

Hi Traci - ditto to what Pat said. It's an awful ordeal for us supporters too, to watch our loved ones suffer, to learn what they need from us during their CH episodes - as well as to learn what to avoid, what might trigger their headaches etc. Having a supporter involved most especiallly in the education/communication process is key to relief.

Let us know if there's anything we can do. Like Pat, I've also been supporting my husband of 27 years through his CH since I think just before we were married, or shortly thereafter. We didn't know what we were dealing with right away. We've certainly learned alot since finding this site some 10 years ago or so (can't really remember that either).

Be sure your loved one (or you) are posting to the CH Specific board on what he might use for preventatives, abortives etc and for sure check out the information on Oxygen.

Let us know how we can help.

Christy

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 6:45pm

Hi Traci and welcome!

I'm a supporter too.

Ditto to what Christy and Pat have said.

Education is your best defense.  Knowledge is power, Sweetie.
I hope if your clusterhead hasn't already joined the forum he'll do so.
Fellow suffers are extremely helpful and comforting to each other.

We're always here to help....so if you need us just shout out.

Good Luck and remember life with clusters is manageable.

Jackie

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 7:10pm

Hi Traci,

The above  women who have responded to are 3 of the best that this site has to offer.   Listen to them, pm or e-mail any one of them for help.  You are not alone and each one of these women have the empathy and understanding you need.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 7:19pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Jul 30th, 2009 at 7:10pm:
Hi Traci,

The above  women who have responded to are 3 of the best that this site has to offer.   Listen to them, pm or e-mail any one of them for help.  You are not alone and each one of these women have the empathy and understanding you need.

Li'l Ol us?  Aw Linda - yer makin me blush!!!
Huh

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 9:21pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Jul 30th, 2009 at 7:10pm:
Hi Traci,

The above  women who have responded to are 3 of the best that this site has to offer.   Listen to them, pm or e-mail any one of them for help.  You are not alone and each one of these women have the empathy and understanding you need.

Aw shucks Linda!  Traci - Linda is a sufferer, but also the best supporter of sufferers I know.

Christy

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 11:36am

i just went to my first conventions and made friends for life. i am a chronic sufferer for 7 eposodiac for 20 years before that, i promise you the supporters are angels sent from the father above to help us.
the ladies above are your best resource for answering questions,
god bless you and your disabled vet. i hope to meet you some day

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #8 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 2:24pm

Traci, I just came back here to your post because something was bothering me.  You said he was finally diagnosed but you didn't say what the Dr. prescribed in the way of a prevewntative or an abortive.  Did you get a script for oxygen?

Please don't take this wrong...but Packets of Bayer Aspirin powder wouldn't  do squat for any of us.  It would be like spit-wads against a battleship.. and can eat up the stomach lining so please be careful.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!