Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Going to doc today, how do we get him to give O2? (Read 1589 times)
Lori Lee
CH.com Newbie

x0|Ruidoso|USA||0|0|NM,New_Mexico
Going to doc today, how do we get him to give O2?
Aug 19th, 2009 at 2:49pm

Hi everyone, We haven't been on here in awhile I guess because the Beast left us in 2005 and only has just returned in the last 2 months.  My husband is suffering terribly right now and his doc retired.  We have an appt with a neurologist, but not till Sept 28th.  Our family physician is seeing him today and I pray he will give us oxygen...any tips on what else can stop the demon in its tracks?  Thanks so much for any help.

Lori Carpenter

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Going to doc today, how do we get him to give O2?
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 3:31pm

Have you gone to the oxygen info link at the left and printed out some of the most relevant stuff to hand to him?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 12:15am

Brew's right Lori. When Joe is suffering and in need of visiting his Doc, he takes pages and pages of new info to show what is working for many people. Take the O2 info, also discuss preventatives. Joe takes Lithium and has been very successful in blocking headaches during cycles.

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Lori Lee
CH.com Newbie

x0|Ruidoso|USA||0|0|NM,New_Mexico
Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 12:24am

Well we got the O2 & I took every page I could print & the doc wouldn't even look at them.  Was very sarcastic about the oxygen & luckily (I guess you could call it that) Danny got a bad one while we were there.  The doc pulled in the oxygen tank and wow it only went up to 4!!!! Doc had his arms crossed in front of him and was like "we'll see if it works" & I told him straight up that it won't work, he needs a higher flow, we have one at home that goes to 5 and it doesn't work!!! AHHHHHH this doc drives me nuts, he has NO personality and gets upset when you question anything he says, he didn't want to give my hubby the oxygen because he smokes 4 cigarettes a day.  If it hadn't been for the barn buster headache that came on, which brought my big hubby down on his knees, I don't think the doc would have given him the oxygen.  He also gave him a 5 day supply of prednisone 50mg.  Since 5:00 NM time he has been on the oxygen 5 times.  He's sleeping now but I'm scared to death he is gonna get another bad one.  Sometimes it sucks to live in paradise!!  Thanks for listening to my rant.

IP Logged

lorac
CH.com Old Timer

Imagine

Tennessee
Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2009 at 8:09am

You need to fire that doctor...sounds like he's not open to any of your input.

Have you tried any of the energy drinks?  They work for me on the low kip HA's

good luck          lorac

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!