Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The day I’ve been dreading is finally here (Read 9355 times)
flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Re: The day I’ve been dreading is finally here
Reply #25 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 9:58am

Well crap  Sad

That's too bad that he didn't get to see your neuro.  Some docs are just complete and total A-holes (don't we all know that).  I don't get given the history why they would go that route of treatment first.  So they don't want him to use the O2 so he can "experiment" with this beta blocker.  What kind of doc wants the patient to suffer? 

I can't believe that they never called in the script.  WTH is that all about???  Is there anyway that you or your son can get in phone contact with your neuro to get this straighten out?

This just really sucks, I can understand how this would leave him confussed.

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

MITYRARE
CH.com Old Timer

autocross racer

Ontario, Canada
Reply #26 - Sep 9th, 2011 at 10:35am

this makes me so sad to read.

I really hope you can get him into another doc and get on a path to find the right solution for him... can you get your GP to order a hormone blood test...since it has helped you perhaps it may also help your offspring.

Geez..i hope he gets a doc that understands soon.

The MRI is a good first step to rule out the nasties...but you know what you are looking at..

so sorry to hear.

Paul

Paul
"car crazy"

IP Logged

B.Baer
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Northeast Pennsylvania
Reply #27 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 12:38am

Dennis my heart goes out to you...

Sucks indeed, You have EXPERIENCE , once properly diagnosed, you can be of great help.

Good luck and keep us posted, he's built of stout stuff I'm sure, we've all had to deal with it, and with your help, he will too.

I've just come upon this post and wish you all well, I fear for my own children as well regardless of the genetic predisposition or lack thereof....

Baer
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2011 at 12:40am by B.Baer »  
Barry Baer  
IP Logged

Virginia
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Keystone Heights, FL
Reply #28 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 1:20am

Oh jeez, and I can just imagine his wife probably feels like crap for it.....I sure hope he gets the help he needs and I am so glad he has you to look to....I know that means alot to him

Proud Army Wife
RIP - I miss you Daddy
12/31/2010

IP Logged

Beth E
CH.com Junior

Thanks for understanding
CH.com!

Union City (Erie)  PA
Reply #29 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 6:10pm

Dennis...my heart breaks for you as I read this.  It is scarey for me too.  My CHer doesn't even know how to help himself let alone guide any of his sons through it.  This has been a fear of mine as well.  We have three sons; grown; 23, 24, & 26.  The 23 yr old had horrific childhood migraines! He learned what signs to look for and most of the time was able to abort them before he was knocked out for the day. As he has been slowly outgrowing them, gets a few during changes in weather sometimes. He asked me if there was a chance for him to get what his dad has.  I was honest at the time and told him I didn't know.  What I DO know, is that our sons talk with mom a lot!! Smiley And I would let them know everything I have learned so far, & get them a support group like you all! I will be praying for you and your family Dennis.  Hope by now, if nothing else, the beast has been corralled and under control.  God Bless!

No longer Helpless now!

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #30 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 1:50pm

I just realize I never circled back on this thread. Sorry for waiting so long to do so.

His MRI found nothing, which is as close to a confirmation of CH as we can get.  He went back on Monday and got everything straightened out and eventually found a prevent that is working well enough for him.  His first cycle ended and he has since suffered through a 2nd, though with much better results this time.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #31 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 9:22am

I said it before Dennis, if you have to have CH, what a blessing to have an old man who has already blazed the trail for you. Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Tussilago
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Sweden, Norrland
Reply #32 - Jun 10th, 2012 at 1:11pm

Hoping he'll get a very very long pain free period. I'm putting in an order for one lasting... let's say 60 years?

:S

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!