Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Interesting Tip (Sinus Infection) (Read 404 times)
Joni
CH.com Old Timer

Knowledge is Power

Interesting Tip (Sinus Infection)
Sep 13th, 2009 at 2:38am

An interesting turn of events happened to me this time and I thought it might be worth sharing.  Prior to my cycle, I felt as if I was getting a sinus/ear infection.  I was tempted to see my doctor but just chugged water and kept going.  When my cycle started, my headaches were so much worse than the sinus/ear problem that I naturally forgot about it, temporarily.  Then as I logged my headaches awaiting the fifth or sixth week when I can always count on some relief...I didn't get it.  It was actually getting worse and out of my control, hence the Zyprexa trial (Verapamil only usually does it for me).  As you know from my other posts, the Zyprexa worked well in aborting for me.  However, I was feeling terrible and it was time for my headaches to start decreasing in # of hits.  By the 5th or 6th week, I usually have only 3 or 4 headaches per week gradually diminishing to 1 or 2 per week until my final 8th week.  This has been like clockwork for me though I know it can change whenever it likes.  Well, I finally got a fever and realized my sinus and ear pain, which was coincidentally on the same side as my clusters, was much worse.  My doctor gave me an antibiotic and for the next few days I had a releasing, breaking up feeling in my head (especially on the cluster side).  On the third day of antibiotics, I was amazingly better with no shadows or clusters.  By the fourth day of antibiotics, which was 2 days ago, I felt a clearness in my head that has continued until now as if my cycle is over.  This is early to say and I will keep you posted, but I think it sure seems as though the infection was triggering more clusters than usual for me and and prolonging my cycle.  So, the moral of this story is...make sure you don't have a sinus or ear infection (if you have allergies) simultaneously with your cycle. 

Joni   Smiley

Experience:  That most brutal of teachers.  But you learn, my God do you learn.  -C. S. Lewis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!