Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Take Our Country BACK! (Read 3289 times)
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Take Our Country BACK!
Nov 4th, 2009 at 12:39am

I can't believe that I am starting a political thread!  BUT, this was sent to me, and it is something that I have believed in for a LONG time! 

It is time to do it!

Quote:
*All I ask is that you consider the suggestion here.

**The entire  Congress of the United States is corrupt.... And I mean both Houses....and I mean both major parties.*

*I realize that a few Members of each House are trustworthy, but, as a group they are absolutely the most corrupt bunch to ever disgrace our Nation.*

*In November of 2010 the entire House of epresentatives will stand for re-election; all 435 of them. One third of the Senate, a total of 33 of them, will also stand for re-election. Vote every incumbent out.*

*And I mean every one of them. No matter their arty affiliation.  Let's start all over in the House of Representatives with 435 people who have absolutely no experience in running that body, with no political favors owed to anyone but their own constituents. Let's make them understand that they work for us. They are answerable to us and they simply have to run that body with some common sense.
*Two years later, in 2012, vote the next third of the incumbents in the Senate out. *

*We can do the same thing in 2014 and, by that time we will have put all new people in that body as well.*

*We, the People, have got to take this Country back and we HAVE to do it peacefully..*

*That's what the Framers of our Constitution envisioned.*

*I am also suggesting term limits on the new bunch: 8 years for Representatives and 12 years for Senators - no exceptions. The longer they stay in office, the more power they get, and they love it and will do anything to get re-elected.*

*We have term-limited the President, now let's term-limit the Legislators. *

*Please, if you love this Country, send this (as I have done) to absolutely everyone whose email address appears in your address book.
*This thing can permeate this Country in no time. Let's make it happen.*

*Don't just delete this - please pass it on and give our Country a fighting chance.*
VOTE THE POWER ABUSERS OUT........LET' S TAKE AMERICA BACK!!!!!!! *

*IF YOU LIKE THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING IN OUR COUNTRY, THEN DO NOTHING..... .....*

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Re: Take Our Country BACK!
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 4:37am

Can I get an AMEN???

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 7:23am

Just wondering if there has ever been a legal attempt to have them removed for breaking thier oath.  They swear to uphold the Constitution and then go against it with all the benevolent entitlement programs and  unauthorized taxes to fund them.  Does anyone know if this has been challenged in the court system?

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 7:46am

That's an interesting concept Bob. Never heard of it being done, but it's interesting....

Bet none of them ever watched "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" either.

They've just lost touch with the people theyre "supposed" to be representing.. For example (and I'm just pulling him out of thin air and not picking on the reps) How can John McCain with his 7 (8?) houses RELATE to Joe Six-pack in the double-wide with six kids working at the factory that's about to shut down?

When I was a kid, my congressman was a regular at the coffee shop and could argue politics with the crowd - he was one of the guys - today the jerk we've got is so damn stiff if a strong wind blew he'd break in half. He doesn't even know what a damn coffee shop is much less what any of his constiutents think (nor does he give a damn).

Yeah, I think it would be a good idea to check into impeaching all the bunch in DC and starting with some "grass roots" guys who never heard of politics or lobbyists. Maybe then we'd get a government OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE and FOR THE PEOPLE!

But the PEOPLE have to WANT it enough to get off their butts and DEMAND it!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 10:19am

Looks like some folks are starting to take it back - in New Jersey and Virginia.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #5 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 10:19pm

Bring back the draft so members might be a tad more careful.

I'm not a fan of term limits. It sounds better than it is. It doesn't need to be codified.

Things haven't changed much. We just have CNN and FOX now. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

There is a case to be made that they are trickier because of it.... I suppose.. Roll Eyes

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Grinner62
CH.com Veteran

Wichita Falls,Texas
Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 9:47pm

Term limits and for every law you enact, you must repeal 2.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 1:13am

Let the People vote on their pay raises, Health insurance, retirement and travel allowances.

Don

I

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 7:57am

Quote:
"Can Washington Make You Buy Health Insurance? Yes, yes, says White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs. Congress has the power to make everyone buy health insurance. 'I don't believe there's a lot of case law that would demonstrate the veracity' of comments to the contrary. Thank you, Mr. Justice Gibbs. We'll see about all that when -- if -- the matter of Congress' power over private commercial judgments of this nature gets to the U.S. Supreme Court. Meanwhile the knock-down, drag-out over health insurance 'reform' shouldn't be allowed to fuzz up another immensely vital question; to wit, how in James Madison's name have we reached the point that Congress can so much as contemplate telling you, and you, and you, and all of us that we'll buy health insurance, like it or not, Buster? Why do we have to? Because the government says so, isn't that reason enough? For Mr. Justice Gibbs, and the people who employ him, it is. Just about anything Congress decides to do in the name of uplift seems to be constitutional: In other words, in accord with written stipulations as to what the national government may and may not do. Several problems arise concerning this fine theory: -- It's nonsense. It contravenes the whole constitutional concept of divided powers: particular functions reserved to particular branches of government. And other powers divided between states and the national government. -- It threatens liberty. A government that knows no limits to its power can be counted on to step more and more heavily on citizens' rights and privileges. All for the 'general good' naturally! -- It divides the citizens. On the one hand, those who want particular favors from government; on the other hand, those who deny that government has the right to dispense such favors. The Obama administration, which desperately wants health care to pass, brushes off such concerns as cranky and relevant mainly to wild-eyed Limbaugh and Palin fans, when in fact concerns about the rightful exercise of government power should inform every legislative debate. Those it doesn't inform are likely to end badly. Majority support of this or that initiative doesn't legitimize the initiative." --William Murchison, senior fellow at the Texas Public Policy Foundation

You SHALL buy insurance or pay a fine equal to 2% of your income.  Refuse to pay the fine and it's $250,000/5 years in jail!

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Surf's Up!

Weaverville NC
Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 8:58am

I can see it now.... I already have government health insurance - military tryandgetcare.

You'll go to your doc for double vision and blurred vision, and no one will check your eyes, they'll send you to the hospital, shoot you full of a psychotropic drug to knock you senseless then put you in a psych holding tank til the next day when the double vision is gone (or at least you'll SAY it's gone so you can get the hell outta there).

Yup, I can see it now, twice even.  I'll take the jail time.

Cat

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough

Who is John Galt?
catlind catlind68 or kadiya68 660506913 kadiya68 kadiya68  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 2:14pm

I’m really a strong optimist by nature, but I’m deeply concerned that we have passed the tipping point.

It didn’t happen overnight and it certainly has not been at the hand of only one political party or a particular administration.

People often talk about corporate greed but rarely acknowledge the rampant personal greed in our society. More and more people are demanding what they are "entitled to" - often things that they are unable or unwilling to earn for themselves.

If everyone in this country lived within their means, the housing market collapse would not have happened. Yes, of course there are exceptions! I’m talking about the average.

Anyone who was paying attention, knew the housing bubble was going to burst – it had to. There was no way around it.

Anyone paying attention to our spending and printing of money that we don’t have, knows what is coming down the pike. When world markets stop using the dollar as their basis and the Communist Chinese lecture us about the dangers of rampant spending on stimulus and social programs – it should tell us something……………

Again, this is not new news. It's just begun to accelerate at an alarming rate.

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2009 at 5:21pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #11 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 8:09pm

Pretty good post Marc.

I know it has a lot to my living alone but I have never incurred credit card debt. It's the first thing I get out of the way. I come from conservative people when it comes to money

My father could have easily had a much bigger drawing account but it wasn't in his nature. The bills had to be paid before going to Bermuda.

We had a good deal but in order to keep having them, you didn't go off the deep end.

Kinda boring, I suppose.

Charlie
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2009 at 8:09pm by Charlie »  

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #12 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:04am

History is always a good teacher I think. Back in the day, people (for the most part) worked for what they had and if they needed help, churches andeighbors helped out each other.

There were "commodities" for those who needed help with "food" - these consisted of flour, rice, cheese, and other food stuffs that would keep a family fed but it all came from our farmers here in America and worked fine till someone decided it was demeaning and came up with "food stamps!"

Now instead of nourishing food (as with the commotities)- you get behind someone at the supermarket with "food stamps" and see what they're buying.. JUNK!

As far as govt health ins. I'm on medicare and haven't had a problem with it. I LOVE it. I go to the doc and don't pay anything. I have INSURANCE (this is different for me as I haven't had any insurance in years). I go get my scripts and I pay a copay and not the whole thing. I had to go to the hospital (something I haven't done in years and years) and it didn't cost me any out of pocket. And it all cost me less than my scripts cost me before I had it. I really can't complain.

What really ticks me off is sending jobs overseas (outsourcing). I think there should be some extra taxing put on companies that do this (an import tax for their wares or something). And guest workers should be sent back where they came from. English should be names our official language and that is what should be put on signs - not two or three languages so everyone can understand what the damn signs say - you can bet in THEIR countries they aren't this polite!

Everyone should be free to worship as they choose, but don't shove any religion down someone else's throat nor try to change what we've had going for over 200 years. If you don't believe in God, so be it - keep it to yourself, but don't push your beliefs on me.

Yes, it's time to take our country back. But are there enough people willing to stand up and say, "enough"? It has to start with everyone who's upset and we have to stand together as ONE! Until the people of this country get enough balls to do that - NOTHING will get done - we'll let the idiots in DC keep doing "what's best for US" and complaining about it to each other.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #13 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 10:07am

And if you believe in a god that tells you to kill infidels? Then what? I think they'd rather cut my throat than shove something down it, unless it's boiling oil.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!