Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello, long time again. (Read 1196 times)
F1World
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Regina, SK. Canada
Hello, long time again.
Nov 7th, 2009 at 12:25am

Just wanted to stop in and give a warm hello to DJ, Margi, Johnny ...... and to the suffering.

I have had PFDANs for awhile, thought I was in the clear like Johnny, then 3 days ago, well .... you know why I'm typing now.

I stop by and leave without saying much when I'm in a hit and miss cycle, so I thought I'd pen a few sentences to express my gratitude before I disappear for another year or two.

I'm so very glad to see this site still going strong.  I have sent a couple peeps from my town to read, read, read, as they were lost like I was until I came across this site some several years ago.  The information in understanding and trying to deal with this affliction is absolutely the best out there, period. They thought this place was made up, and that I was just telling them what they wanted to hear when speaking from first hand experience of CH.  The last thing a certified clusterhead wants is to be patronized ... pfft, headaches .... yeah, I get those too Roll Eyes

The moment you can actually associate your pain with others that are exactly the same is powerful and overwhelming as you finally feel like you're not a nutter.  I know even today I don't like talking to people about CH, they don't get it, and I don't have the time to even try to make someone understand the brutality of the disease ... call it what you will.  This thing can suck the life out of you, and I know this from experience, as I am sure many of you can attest to as well.

I reached out, here, for help and was swept away on waves of caring and understanding, something my friends and family were incapable of giving me simply because they did not know how to deal with me, with 'it'.  This is why in times such as this, I return to read stories of hope ... and of course, disparity ... to once again know that I do not walk alone.  To see the people that have helped me still here helping others is remarkable, how many people in our lifetime do we meet that give so much of themselves, daily?

You guys are wonderful, and in these times I am grateful to have had the opportunity to have my life graced by your compassion.

I sincerely wish the best for you all.

Jeff.

IP Logged

Weatherman
CH.com Veteran

Beat the Beast!

Charlotte, NC
Re: Hello, long time again.
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 1:39am

Well Jeff, I say welcome back but I know you'd rather not need to be here. Sorry to hear the beast is back. Good luck with your battle!

The point of the journey is not to arrive.

IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Surf's Up!

Weaverville NC
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 6:36am

Jeff, you eloquently put to words what so many of us have tried to iterate.   Kudos.  Stick around, there's more available here than just the compassion and understanding, there's a life of comprehension that spans every area of one's persona and life.  It's a reality check when the outside world shuns us.

Hope you don't have to deal with the beast for long.

PFDAN
Cat

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough

Who is John Galt?
catlind catlind68 or kadiya68 660506913 kadiya68 kadiya68  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 10:22am

Yeah...the cycles after the really long remissions...those suck. Undecided Just about the time you start to convince yourself you've finally outgrown them. Hoping you a quick cycle this go round.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 12:44pm

Hi Jeff...I remember you.  Nice to see you again....althought sorry for the reason.

IP Logged

Martin
CH.com Veteran

Ready for anything this
world can dish!

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 3:13pm

catlind wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 6:36am:
Jeff, you eloquently put to words what so many of us have tried to iterate.   Kudos.
Cat

I agree.  I was blown away by this site; I'm not sure I'll ever find such a compassionate community. I love this site, I love the people who make it work, and I love everyone that comes here.  Its helped me more than I can ever say in words: I owe you all my life.

Martin

IP Logged

Jrcox
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

FARMINGTON, MN
Reply #6 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 3:56pm

I'm sitting here eating lunch at work and read your awesome words. It litterly brought tears to my eyes. I to am coining back from a very long remission 2 years.  Very unusual for me. This site is so empowering, compassionate and understanding it almost brings me to my knees. I also struggle with coming and going once "it" leaves me. But i am not going any where now. I will give my shirt off my back for anyone the struggles with this.  family and friends can only do so much for us. Trying to convince people what this is is not worth it. I am sorry the beast came back but you are not alone by any means.  I wish you and every clusterhead all the best, not the beast.

Take care

Jason
aka Jrcox 

Jrcox jasonandmason jasonandmason@me.com jasonandmason  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 4:41pm

Well I'm a meanie and I'm glad you're back just 'cos us F1 fans are a rarity on here!
I wish you weren't back in pain though. I'm truly sorry to hear that.
We've got your back though - we always will.
Helen

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 7:52am

All I can say is AMEN!!!! 
christine Cool

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 10:14am

Know what the beast hates the most?

When pain free people stick around and and provide support to those that are suffering.

IP Logged

Jrcox
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

FARMINGTON, MN
Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 10:49am

I think I'm going to stick around for a while. Other wise Helen is going to nail my feet to the ground. Lol

be well
PFD   

Jrcox

Jrcox jasonandmason jasonandmason@me.com jasonandmason  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 1:23pm

Jrcox wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 at 10:49am:
I think I'm going to stick around for a while. Other wise Helen is going to nail my feet to the ground. Lol

be well
PFD   

Jrcox

gotta love fast learners!  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!