Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
its been a year (Read 1086 times)
miikkee
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

st thomas,ontario,canada
its been a year
Nov 22nd, 2009 at 8:16pm

presently taking 240mg of verapamil twice a day,since april.
no hits above a 1 or 2

its funny, even a hint of a headache and the fear starts.
i go to see the doctor again in january and may ask to have the dose reduced Smiley

IP Logged

kelkel789
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: its been a year
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 5:41am

I know the feeling MIIKKEE! It sucks, just the shadowing or a slight hint (like you said) can get us all worried and we start to brace for what we know is about to hit! I am glad your meds are working! I used Verapimil last yr It worked ok for short term. I am now on Topamax and I am getting nerve blocks.

For abt 3 wks now I have been getting shadowing HA's and I am fearing what is coming!!

Good luck with reducing your meds and staying on the low side of th KIP scale!!

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 8:00am

Personally,  I wouldnt go off the verap.  if you think its keeping the hits at bay.  I have been on verap for years at a time in the past with no ill effects.  Thats just my humble opinion.  If its working,  why mess with it??

christine

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 9:55am

There is no clear clinical standard on this question. I've known folks on Verap 100% of time for years because their pattern is so unstable--and no problems.

You know, however, that if you get off and attacks return, that in a brief time you can get protection working again. So it's a personal call.

What will be of benefit is to teach yourself to not anticipate, trying to forecast the future. This is a prime source of anxiety.

At least explore:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!