Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: 8 month infant (Read 4711 times)
LeLimey
Ex Member

Re: 8 month infant
Nov 28th, 2009 at 10:37am

I don't actually see how they can possibly diagnose that in someone so young. I'd want to know exactly who diagnosed and I would want a serious second opinion.

When my son was diagnosed I demanded and got a second opinion, that of Prof Goadsby. I'm actually stunned here. I seriously hope no one is considering medicating this baby??

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2009 at 11:13am

Richard - please don't think I'm attacking you because I'm not!! This is a really scary thought. The baby isn't even old enough to have had enough of a history that they could have looked for any other causes of crying and pain etc.

It just doesn't add up, how can they tell autonomic symptoms? How can they tell reactions? How the hell do they make a diagnosis of CH on a baby? As you say, I would think even high flow oxygen wouldn't be particularly safe for one so young - and how would you get them to breathe it anyhow?

On another note, we haven't heard much from you lately, hope you're doing okay!

Helen

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2009 at 11:47am

I'm glad you're okay with me!
There are other triptans other than sumatriptan (I take it you had the injections?) with a longer half life which may be of benefit to you.

Zomig nasal sprays have a half life of eight hours (meaning they will block attacks for up to eight hours) and Frovatriptan tablets have a half life of up to 26 hours although the most I have ever got is 17 hours. Given that you CAN take two in a 24 hour period they are unbelievably useful for things like family occasions, getting a nights sleep, important meetings and so on.

None come with a guarantee but at least you have a hefty advantage! Next time you see your doc ask for samples of both, you can't lose by trying them!

Hope it helps,
Helen

PS - when you DO go out of cycle - keep filling your script. That way when they start up again you have a stockpile and you're ready for it!

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2009 at 11:47am

You gotta be shittin...............right.

Potter

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2009 at 7:16pm

fwiw, when my daughter was a baby, she would cry and scream bloody murder for about an hour at the same exact time every day.  You would have thought that she was dying.  Wasn't actually a thing wrong with her, except a fit of temper and a gas attack.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2009 at 10:47am

If the only criteria for this diagnosis is that the baby cries at the same time each day....That mother should run, not walk to another doctor.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 7:06pm

Im totally confused on this. No way!!

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!