Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
2010 OUCH Meeting (Read 22748 times)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: 2010 OUCH Meeting
Reply #50 - May 13th, 2010 at 5:57pm

Mike, it hasn't been done in the past 11 years and I have a feeling it won't be done this year too.  Might want to think about being there in person.   hint-hint. Wink

I have done the auction for a few years with lady luv helping out as auctioneer.  The auction is very fast paced and trying to get together with folks on-line is very difficult to say to the least.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #51 - May 13th, 2010 at 7:27pm

Linda_Howell wrote on May 12th, 2010 at 10:33am:
Done.

One of them is Orange blossom special.   Grin Grin

Ya gotta have a fiddle in the band for that one!  Wink

jk

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #52 - May 13th, 2010 at 9:18pm

I don't care how much alcohol this man has had...he rocks,  and burns that fiddle up.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

M.R.
CH.com Alumnus

Grand Rapids, Mi.
Reply #53 - May 14th, 2010 at 4:27pm

Actually Linda, I was thinking more along the line of having someone there bid up to a certain amount for me (proxy) as apposed to over the phone (online).
   Due to being back to work just part time, I can't afford the expense of going this year.
   If ya want what little money I can afford to give, that would have to be the way ya do it.

Mike

"Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the government." --James Madison

James Taranto  ” [D]o you know what they call people who rely on themselves? Adults."

Thomas Jefferson, "Bind [them] down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
kasper4157  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #54 - May 14th, 2010 at 5:51pm

I understand Mike, but except for Mosaic wench who usually posts a pic of what she is going to donate..no one else does AND...usually we have no idea of what folks will bring til they show up or send it in.  Then someone would have to take pics and post it....do you see what I'm getting at?

Now when Pat posts a pic of her latest work of art that she will bring,  I will be happy to bid on that for you..

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

gore2424
CH.com Alumnus

What the hamsalad was
that ?¿?

Reply #55 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 10:50am

Hi all Terry here just need an address to send donation items to. My email add is gore2424@aol.com That is all. Ü

I said your hair looks nice Ü

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #56 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 7:50pm

Terry,
Thanks in advance and one of us will get that info to you.  We have a board meeting Sunday and I'll get the info sorted out.

carolyn

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #57 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 8:07am

Our registration is entering the snail mail system today.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #58 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 12:08pm

Only two more days to avoid late registration fees!!!

Modified to add that the BoD has extended the late registration fee deadline to June 27th.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2010 at 12:58pm by Mosaicwench »  

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #59 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 12:24am

Haven't found a job yet, but I believe I'm supposed to be at the convention, so I'm trusting God to provide as He always has in the past.  Wrote the check out tonight to go in the mail in the AM.  Also reserved the room. 

I'll be by myself, and I reserved a double, so if someone (male Cheesy) would like to share a room and save some coin I'd be happy to have a roomie.

Can't wait!  I think we have a great lineup this year, and I'm really excited to see some folks again, plus meet some that I feel like I know.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #60 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 12:27am

Good news ! Smiley

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #61 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 9:58am

Jerry, glad to hear you're coming! We'll miss your lovely bride this year.

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

gore2424
CH.com Alumnus

What the hamsalad was
that ?¿?

Reply #62 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 10:01am

Hi all Terry here still need an address to send donations for the auction. That is all & my email is gore2424@aol.com

I said your hair looks nice Ü

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #63 - Jun 26th, 2010 at 5:15pm

Our list is growing for OUCH! Yay!

IP Logged

Jim L
CH.com Sponsor

I Love CH.com!

Reply #64 - Jul 4th, 2010 at 9:38pm

You folks are getting me very close to deciding to go.  How much is the late fee?   What kind of things go in the auction?  I'm a potter and would surely donate something.  I'm a newbie to the group and oh-so-slightly shy and haven't met up with other CH people before (I'm lucky enough to get migraines, too!)  Any art-enthusiasts who might like to go to the High Museum (maybe Thursday?).

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #65 - Jul 4th, 2010 at 10:18pm

Jim....your shyness will last about 2 minutes. Trust me on this. There is a bond among clusterheads that is recognized immediately.

Here is the link to the convention and it will answer all of your questions.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #66 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 12:38am

Jim L wrote on Jul 4th, 2010 at 9:38pm:
You folks are getting me very close to deciding to go.  How much is the late fee?   What kind of things go in the auction?  I'm a potter and would surely donate something.  I'm a newbie to the group and oh-so-slightly shy and haven't met up with other CH people before (I'm lucky enough to get migraines, too!)  Any art-enthusiasts who might like to go to the High Museum (maybe Thursday?).

Join us Jim, you won't regret it. We get all sorts of things for the auction and Pottery would be a nice addition. Might think about sturdy packaging since there are people flying in that might need to pack it for return home.

Hope to meet you there!

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #67 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 9:40am

Jim,
Please do come!  It will be an experience like you've never known before.

Carolyn~aka~deltadarlin

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #68 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 9:52am

OK Jim......enough!  Get yourself down to Atlanta and I LOVE ORIGINAL POTTERY! 

Meeting a whole room full of clusterheads, just like yourself, is something you will never ever forget.  There is an immediate bond that I really can't explain, but it's a feeling like none other.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #69 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 4:01pm

Jim.....I'm not even a clusterhead (supporter for years) but I can promise you this.....GO!!!  You'll never regret it...not for one minute.  It will probably be the biggest bonding experience of your life....right up there at the very least.  Talk about 'feeling the love'.

IP Logged

Jim L
CH.com Sponsor

I Love CH.com!

Reply #70 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 10:12pm

All righty, I'm in.   I just went to  Priceline.com got me a package deal of $421 for the flight and three nights room.  Not bad.  I'm getting there in the morning to go to a museum and then meet you folks. 

Because I'm a newbie and have been hit hard the past few weeks, is it inappropriate to ask if any clusterbuster types will be there for one-on-one alternative therapy talk?.  I've never used remotely illegal drugs, but at this point might consider at least hearing about the expereinces of a few people.

What's the late registration fee?  I'll go put some $$ in paypal.  Is it really too late to be included in the coordinated meals/dinners? 
Jim

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #71 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 10:51pm

Cool!

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #72 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 11:18pm

Jim,

Late fee registration is $125.  This gets you into all of the lectures from all four of our speakers, the banquet on Saturday night, and even a gorgeous OUCH T-shirt and a goody bag of goodies. 

And no, it's never to late to register.  We'll take you as a walk in at the door.

Go to the OUCH website (left of your screen) and click on the convention info at the top of the page.  It will walk you though everything, including what size t-shirt you want.  It will also direct you to the Ramada Atlanta Airport Conference Center where you can book your room.  Make sure you tell them you are with OUCH.

And, check your PM's

Sandy
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2010 at 11:22pm by Sandy_C »  

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Jim L
CH.com Sponsor

I Love CH.com!

Reply #73 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 11:51pm

Priceline.com  got me the flight I wanted and then turned it into a "family vacation at the aiport convention center for 3 nights at $43 /night. I'm getting there just before noon on Thursday and leave Sunday at Noon.   I'm looking forward to it!  With any luck I'll have a break in my cycle by then (Though the end of July is usually when CHs start to taper away and open up space for a few migraines to keep things interesting.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #74 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 12:32am

I'm looking forward to meeting you!  See you there.  Btw, there will be a couple of people there who can speak with you about busting.  I'll leave it for them to get with you, but feel free to ask once there.  Most busters are not reticent to speak about it, but some are a bit careful what they say online.  On the other hand some are more open.  Of utmost importance, DON'T hesitate to ask questions while there, about busting or any other subject.  The only dumb question is the one you didn't ask.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!