Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dallas Meet n Greet (Read 10037 times)
Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Island Bayou Mushroom Farm
Dallas Meet n Greet
Jan 26th, 2010 at 1:07pm

My wife Cindy and I will be hosting the meet n greet in our home on the far SE side of Dallas on Sat Mar 20th and Sun the 21st.

For sleeping accomodations there's a Best Western Executive Inn here in town about a mile from our place.  They gave me a tour of the rooms and it is a very nice, clean facility.  They have a free breakfast, free hard wired internet, and the ususal in room amenities (iron, board, coffee, safe, hair dryer, ect).  The normal weekend nite price for a single room with a king size bed is $65.oo + tax for a total of $72.57.  , and a double room with 2 queen size beds is $69.99 + tax for a total of $76.97

If we book 10 rooms she will drop the price to $55 + tax for the double and $50 + tax for the single and if we end up booking over 10 rooms she will take care of the tax.  We didn't discuss the rate if we don't book 10 rooms but the owner seemed very nice and I feel sure she'll be fair in applying a proportional discount in that case.  We already have 4 that will need rooms so I didn't think 10 would be too much of a stretch to make with 2 months to go before the meet n greet.

They have 4 double and 4 single (smoking allowed) rooms and they are all on the ground floor for those of ya'll that have to pray to the nicotine God on occasion like myself...lol.

Best Western Executive Inn
1910 N US Hwy 175
Seagoville, TX  75159
Direct Phone # 972-287-9100
Reservations:  1-800-528-1234

Our Reservation Code is    CHMNG

Oh BTW, all ya'll rowdies might want to tone it down just a tad as the Seagoville Federal Detention Center is directly across the highway...LOL!!

Our place in across the highway and about a mile east of the motel:    603 Meadow Grove Drive.

Dallas Denny

I am lost and have gone to find myself....if you should see me before I get back....please ask me to wait until I return!!

IP Logged

Corey_Griffith
CH.com Newbie

I can't let it beat me

Arlington|USA||||TX,Texas
Re: Dallas Meet n Greet
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2010 at 5:44pm

I'll see you there, bro!

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2010 at 8:25am

Great Corey... now what about the rest of you Texans... Okies, Cajuns and my cousins in Arkansas..???

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 8:44am

C'mon all you Texans, Okies, Cajuns, Arkansans and anyone else in need of some "clusterbud" love....check in!!!
( Gotta give credit where credit is due, I stole "clusterbud love" from Jen (flipperlips)....but I liked it and she said it was OK.....lol!!

Seven weeks and counting down as of today!!  Yee Hawww!! 

DD

I am lost and have gone to find myself....if you should see me before I get back....please ask me to wait until I return!!

IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:17pm

I am so stoked about this. Everyone still excited? What should I bring other than O2, Imitrex, ice packs, and caffeine?

https://www.facebook.com/eric.mcgaha  
IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2010 at 11:12pm

Four weeks from tomorrow ya'll!!     Yeeeee  Hawwww!!!

We've added some folks from LA this week and theres been several Texas newbies on the boards this past week so I've sent them all PM invites.

DD

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2010 at 9:36am

OK Ya'll!!  Gettin close now...2 weeks from tomorrow!!  Although I've recieved numerous responses to invitations that I have PM'd to newbies on the boards, I've only added one couple to the list of attendees.  A lady from Grapevine who is going to try to make it with her husband.  I've also heard from another cajun who really wants to attend but wasn't sure yet that he could get away that week end.

I know several folks are planning on coming in to town during the day Friday the 19th so I thought I would put a big pot of "Cajun Blackeyed Pea Soup" together that afternoon along with a couple pans of Southwest style cornbread for the earlybirds to munch on.  Gonna move a stack of wood up by the firepit today and finish the new horseshoe pits.  Plus I got about 40 tomatoe seedlings that need to be transplanted to 1 gal buckets today along with some cukes, zuc, squash, melon and cantelope!  A househusbands job is never done...lmao!!

For those without GPS I will post directions from the Best Western to the house sometime this next week. 

Now if Phil will just leave his damned snow back in Mich that weekend we'll be doin alright!!  LOL!!

See ya'll soon!!

Dallas Denny

IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2010 at 4:06pm

So how many people are gonna be there? I can't wait..getting close! Do we need to bring anything? My wife and 2yo kiddo will be coming along.

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #8 - Mar 13th, 2010 at 12:00pm

Down to the wire now folks!!  Long range forecast looks good for next weekend so far....(but this is Texas)....so now for directions once ya'll hit Dallas.....

If you're coming into town from the:

West on eastbound I-20, proceed all the way to the I-175 interchange....

South on northbound I-35 or I-45, take the ramp to eastbound I-20 and proceed to the I-175 interchange....

West on eastbound I-30, proceed all the way thru Dallas to I-635 in Mesquite, take the southbound ramp and proceed to the I-175 interchange.....

East on westbound I-30, take the southbound ramp to I-635 and proceed to the I-175 interchange...

North on southbound I-75, take eastbound I-635 (at the Garland / Mesquite city borders the highway will curve to the right and become southbound) and proceed to the I-175 interchange....

From the I-175 interchange take the east bound ramp towards Kaufman and proceed aprox 6 miles to the Kaufman St / Old Seagoville Rd exit  (you'll see the Federal Prison on your right just before the exit and the Best Western is directly accross the highway....

If you're coming on to the house, continue on I-175 one more exit to Hall St, take the offramp and cross Hall St.  Proceed on the service road to the third street on the right which will be Farmers Rd and take a right there.  Come down two blocks and take a left on Meadow Grove Drive,  we're at the far end of the block on the right side, second house from the corner at 603.

If anyone has a problem finding us, give me a call at 214.356.4477

Dallas Denny

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #9 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 9:27am

DeStijl wrote on Mar 5th, 2010 at 4:06pm:
So how many people are gonna be there? I can't wait..getting close! Do we need to bring anything? My wife and 2yo kiddo will be coming along.

How old are your kiddos?  I'm bringing my 8 year old grandson. Thank goodness he'll have someone to play with.... (you bring the baseball bat and I'll bring the flyswatter  Grin)

Caleb called me this morning and told me I couldn't go to Dallas without him, "Cause Granny, you get lost!" The sad part is He's RIGHT!

Can't wait to see you guys... Is it Friday Yet????? Kiss

IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Reply #10 - Mar 16th, 2010 at 10:25pm

My kiddo is 2 1/2. Not quite Friday yet. We'll be there on Saturday. See y'all soon.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #11 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 12:13am

P. ya gotta quit abreviating... I missed the "yo" in your post and thought you said "2" kiddos.. I told you I'm OLD!

So we got an 8 year old Big Baby sitter Wink  (Caleb has a 4 month old brother... he's great with "little ones" - let him know what's coming in the next year or so..)

I picked Caleb up tonight and he's ready to leave for Dallas in the morning. I had to explain that Granny has to work until Friday morning and THEN we can hit the road. That kid has about as much patience as his Granny...

Is it getting ANY closer to FRIDAY????

Denny don't get too far from the phone. We may need a search party to find us. I got it figured out -- get to Mesquite, turn left, go to 175 hang a right and then watch for the Best Western... is that somewhat close?  I'm coming from the direction of Texarkana on I-30.

At one time in my life I lived in Granbury and could get there without getting too lost, but ..... and I can get to the South end of DFW airport if I really try hard, but.... hey Douglassville has a population of 173 and Red Hill (where I actually live) has a population of about 10 (if no one left town today). The nearest BIG town has about 5000 people counting dogs and cats.

Don't leave the phone!!!   Roll Eyes Kiss

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #12 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 12:18am

Hey Eric,

Glad to see you and your family are still going to be able to make it!!  We'll see ya'll on Saturday!!  Ya might wanna wear your baggy pants if your wife is jealous as I hear BarbaraD is gonna be checkin out "buns" and in her words "not the hamburger kind"....lol....

Looks like maybe its gonna get a little cool for the weekend but I got lots of wood for the firepit...as long as it don't come a monsoon we'll be okay!!! 

Got the deck/patio all set up and ready for ya'll to get here...it ain't Friday YET???

DD

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #13 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 12:29am

Gotcha Barb,

Blackberry will be on!!!  And yes, sounds like you got it on the directions!!!  Caleb sounds like my kind o guy....I have alot of patience as long as shit happens how and when I think it needs to happen...nah...can't list patience as one of my virtues!!!!

Well, it may not be Friday yet but its a damned site closer than it was when we started this thread!!!!

DD

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #14 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 8:56am

Y'all have some Texas-sized fun for the rest of us. Lots of cameras, lots of pics posted. Please.

Drive safely, everybody.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #15 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 11:28am

Ok, I'm taking my laptop and camera... maybe someon can show me how to "upload" pictures. (still don't have the hang of that one yet.... only been trying to figure it out for years now).

Where's my Buddy Marc and why hasn't he gotten on this thread?  You're still coming aren't you? 

If I'm the only one coming in Friday - don't cook... I'll take you guys out to dinner. (After you "find" me that is!)

Kiss

IP Logged

PittsburghJoe
CH.com Old Timer

Go away pain!

Irving, TX
Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 5:41am

OK, gang, it looks like I can make it for a while on Saturday. I finally got here and a bit settled, so I think I can actually do this!

Do I need to bring anything?

Joe - No longer in Pittsburgh

Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight. Gotta kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight. - Bruce Cockburn, "Lovers in a Dangerous Time"
http://www.facebook.com/joe.pauley joepauley  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 7:59am

Bring YOU.... I'm really gettin' excited now.... Caleb is chompin' at the bits... He's packed his bag three times already...

He's planning all the things he's gonna "teach" the "baby". Word of warning!!!! There's a "four-wheeler" involved (ok, so I took him shopping yesterday and he gave me a "sales pitch" Wink).

Is it Friday yet???????

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #18 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 10:51am

Whose bright idea was it to have a backyard barbque in the SPRINGTIME in TEXAS anyway.....pffffttt...er....uh....oh yeah....anyway I've gone to plan B.....moved one of the foldin tables into the dining room, covered up the wood stack (just in case the wind, and the rain, and the SNOW stops by tomorrow evening and the firepit isnt FLOODED and some brave souls are up for a fire), and moved the smoker up on the deck so it will be outta the RAIN and SNOW!!!!! 

Too late Barb, the Cajun Blackeyed Pea Soup is done and in the fridge!! 

OK, our street is one of those that has the little bar ditches and no curbs, and it has been unusually wet this winter and the shoulders are SOFT!!  We have a large drive way but still probably only room for 6 vehicles so I contacted the Babtist Church back behind us whose parking lot comes almost to the back gate of our property and recieved permission for overflow parking there.......problem being now that all the water off their parking lot drains off thru one corner of my yard so that could be a raging river tomorrow!!!!   So, if any of ya'll get here and there's no place to park in the driveway, please call me at 214.356.4477 and someone will come out and shuttle you over to the parking lot and back to keep anyone from havin to walk in the mud.

And lastly, I recieved email confirmation of another couple from Gravevine who will be here!!!

Well, its finally FRIDAY!!  The last day of a beautiful week of SPRING weather to be followed by a couple days of WINTER and then back to SPRING on monday!!!   Don't really matter to me, I'm like the farmers duck,....just really don't give a F@*!......if it don't rain, I'll walk.....its gonna be a Great clusterhead get together and we're lookin forward to meeting ya'll soon!!

Dallas Denny

IP Logged

Lefty
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #19 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 11:02am

Enjoy the weekend boys and girls....!

Looking forward to all the pics..

Lefty

"When money's tight and is hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN."
— Flann O'Brien

IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Reply #20 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 10:22pm

Update. My wife and kiddo aren't going to be able to come with me. I will be flying solo this weekend. See y'all tomorrow.

Eric

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #21 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 7:38am

Oh Eric I'm so sorry your wife and kiddo aren't coming. Caleb had a present for your kiddo and has a month of plans for the tyke (trust me you don't want to know). But glad you can still make it.

We got here yesterday and Denny is set up for any emergency. Gee he's organized - even down to "entertainment" -- did ya'll know he's a "singer?" Got a whole thing set up if ya want a concert. And he's GOOD!

It's raining this morning - just like the weatherman said it was going to do. Oh well -- we'll think WARM and SUNNY and it's going to be a GREAT day.. Can't wait to see ya'll....

Kiss

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #22 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 11:12am

What Barbara said!!!  It was great meeting her and Caleb yesterday and it will be Sunny and Warm even if we are inside today...lol!!

We got so bz talkin yesterday I didn't even think to take pics but we will start postin em later today as folks arrive!!

We have had some cancellations due to the weather and last minute work obligations but still have several folks comin in today and 1 that I know of tomorrow and as Barb said it is still gonna be a great weekend!!

DD

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #23 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 1:34pm

Barb and Caleb are here!!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register meet_n_greet_005.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #24 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 1:35pm

Barb, Denny, and Cindy...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register meet_n_greet_007.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!