Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dallas Meet n Greet (Read 10007 times)
Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Island Bayou Mushroom Farm
Re: Dallas Meet n Greet
Reply #25 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 6:02pm

And then there was three:

Eric (perediablo)has arrived from Lubbock and found the music room!!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 002.JPG (Attachment deleted)

I am lost and have gone to find myself....if you should see me before I get back....please ask me to wait until I return!!

IP Logged

PittsburghJoe
CH.com Old Timer

Go away pain!

Irving, TX
Reply #26 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 8:44pm

Hey gang, kinda under the weather today, but will try like heck to make it for a while tomorrow afternoon!

Joe

Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight. Gotta kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight. - Bruce Cockburn, "Lovers in a Dangerous Time"
http://www.facebook.com/joe.pauley joepauley  
IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #27 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 9:24pm

Hey Joe,

Sorry you're feelin poorly!!!  We'll be lookin for you tomorrow!!

Denny

I am lost and have gone to find myself....if you should see me before I get back....please ask me to wait until I return!!

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 2:45pm

Just got done working for the weekend - unfortunately it's about a 3-1/2 hour drive so I'm kinda late now.......But, I made some much needed money.

Hope you guys are having a good time!

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #29 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 4:18pm

Denny,  That is ONE WILD pink counter-top you've got.  WOW!

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #30 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 5:13pm

Barb, Caleb, and Eric are headed home!!  We had a great weekend in spite of the weather and are all lookin forward to the next get together!!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register meet_n_greet_004.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #31 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 8:16pm

Everyone looks great!!!!!  Glad to see old friends and new ones! 

Love,

Pegg

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Reply #32 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 10:34pm

Back home now. That 5.5 hour drive turned into 6.5. Construction on I-20, and a big wreck on hwy 84.

That was a whole lot of fun getting to meet y'all. Thanks a ton to Denny and Cindy for the hospitality and cajun black-eyed pea soup. I look forward to more gatherings in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/eric.mcgaha  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #33 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 8:21am

Ok, here's my take on the weekend. . Smiley

It was awkard - we were all strangers and of course we didn't have a darn thing in common and we were all really shy and didn't have a thing to say to each other and just sat around and stared at our coffee cups... Oh, Denny tried to make us comfortable, but it was just, well so quiet you could have heard a pin drop most of the time. Nothing at all to say to one another!!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

And if you believe a WORD of the above paragraph - you ain't NEVER met another clusterhead!!!! My ears are still ringing... I think there were five conversations going on at most times and there wasn't enough time to get in everything. Those nasty old men kept this old lady up WAAAY past her beditme on Saturday night and I laughed till I cried and no one had the decency to tell me my mascara had run down my cheeks (found that out when I got back to the motel - looked a fright!).

Denny's wife, Cindy, was a total delight from the time I met her. If Denny doesn't bring her to the farm for a visit I'll just have to hurt him. She promised to bring the grandkids with her for Caleb.
  To be honest, I had kinda made up my mind NOT to really like "blackeyed pea soup" (I HATE blackeyed peas), but after ONE bite I was hooked and brought the recipe home with me. Caleb ate about half the pot and brought a copy of the recipe home to his Dad. That's the first thing he told him about when we got home.
  Now when Eric showed up at the door, he had this look on his face - (I've seen that look before) - not really sure about meeting strangers, but trying to be brave. About 5 seconds later - right after Denny gave him a bear hug and I check out his rear end - he was "family" and it was like he'd been there for days. Never have been able to explain that one, it just happens.
   Of course there were a "few" hits that went along with the "fun", but that happens. And, if you can believe it, we discussed CH a few times. (Geezz, I looked at one of those pics that Denny posted and someone could have told me my left eye was closed! - One of the joys of being a CHer!)
   Sorry the rest of you didn't make it, but we had a great time anyhow. (and we talked about ya cause you weren't there - we do that ya know!).
   Anyhow, a big thanks to Denny and Cindy for the hospitality (can we come back next week?) and love to you all. Caleb and I made it home ok (had to drive a little slow cause there was some ice on some of the bridges and we hit a rain storm, but Caleb slept most of the way, and Granny only got lost a couple of times getting out of the big city, (should have listened to Caleb's directions instead of thinking I KNEW where I was going - he was right all along  - but we turned around and went his way and got out of Dallas).

Now we gotta rest up for the next venture...  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Reply #34 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 10:47am

Well, I thought I posted this yesterday.....the view out my front door when I got up yesterday!!!  Been here 42 years and although a freeze after the first day of Spring isn't that unusual.....SNOW is!!!

IP Logged

txbeck
CH.com Junior

x1|Grapevine|TX|usa|286|252|T
Reply #35 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 11:55pm

Wow, Barbara,  seeing that eye is like looking in a mirror. We begged off because of the rain, but  the snow Sunday morning convinced us that was the right decision, but I sure wish I'd been able to be there anyway.

5.5 hours to Lubbock, Eric? We made that drive hundreds of times over 20 years, but rarely if ever under 6 hours! Glad you made it and sorry I didn't. Jim was ready to go despite the fact that he was sure it was at least 6 hours away, not 45 minutes, but he thinks everything is 6 hours away. Fortunately he just goes with the flow, so next time we'll get there.

Becky

Becky
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!