Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
One week cycle! (Read 1409 times)
Scorpion
CH.com Junior

lemons to lemonade

KCMO
One week cycle!
Mar 20th, 2010 at 7:49am

Hi!
  I've had CH for 16 1/2 years now. During my last cycle before this one I had reached the end of my rope. During an attack I decided that I would run until I had a heart attack or stroke, hoping that it would kill me. To my surprise the headache went away and I felt pretty damn good. From that point on I was running.
  When this cycle started, I knew what I was going to do... run! I would wake up at 1 am or so, and without delay, slam a diet coke or cold coffee, whatever I had handy and then run on the treadmill. Sometimes when I stopped running the HA was still there so I'd run some more until it was gone. After about 5 days of this my legs were sore and it was harder to get relief. So instead of running I did 100 jumping jax and then grabbed 60lbs and started doing overhead presses. I have not had a HA since.
  Just wanted to share this with you. Before using exercise to get rid of my HA, my cycles would last about 2 months. This cycle ended in one week. I am not out of cycle so far that I can drink beer, but I've had these CH for so long, I know where I stand right now. It is over.
  The best part of all this is that I come out of a cycle in better shape than I was when they started.

My cycles toolkit - Music - my inspiration.
                         - Caffeine
                         - Exercise (cardio based)
                         - Never prove to others that I hurt
                             this only exaggerates my condition.
                             I tell only those who need to know.
                         - Focus on other body parts between HA
                             hands, feet, toes, etc...
                         - Eat bland foods - Yum!

I hope this can help someone.
PFDAN to all!

JOHN

Life's a garden, dig it.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: One week cycle!
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 12:54pm

Add some oxygen and you will be good to go.

Potter

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2010 at 1:56pm

Good encouraging report there Wesley, thanks, and a good reminder that vigorous exercise has been reported to abort attacks for some of us.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Scorpion
CH.com Junior

lemons to lemonade

KCMO
Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 1:03am

I tried the O2. It didn't work that good for me, and the possibility of free radical production scares me. Not that I am against anything that gives others relief, only that I choose not to.

JOHN

Life's a garden, dig it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!