Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What the f.... (Read 3057 times)
Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Mersea Island nr Colchester
What the f....
Jun 4th, 2010 at 6:28pm

The site agent on the building site that I am working on at the moment asked me how my headaches were today. after telling him that I wasn't getting any bad ones at the moment (hits) just "shadows" ,and after explaining what I meant by that he then proceeded to tell me how his wife gets bad headaches and that she had found a c*re for them . He than told me that reflexology was the way to go and since his wife had been having that treatment she had no headaches and that I should try it.

Well I think that the only thing that could come from that is a large dentists bill for the reflexologist after they got a hard kick in the teeth . Don't like my feet being touched at the best of times, but when your getting hit ?????

I don't think that they believe me when I tell them how bad it gets. I thought about giving them a copy of the letter to work colleagues but most of them probably wouldn't be arsed to read it ...assuming they can read of course. not exactly the most intelligent bunch of people .

never mind I expect in a couple of weeks we'll get a post from some one who's read this saying how reflexology is the latest wonder cure and everyone should try it .

any one for a foot tickle ?  Grin Huh

Nigel

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

Some people cause happyness wherever they go, others whenever they go

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: What the f....
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 6:36pm

I always try to console myself with the fact that at least they try! But DAMN they can sure frustrate the hell outta ya. Roll Eyes

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 6:48pm

Too right Joe and they certainly are trying

I had another carpenter ,who dose diving ,telling me how breathing pure o2 will kill you and that I shouldn't touch it !

needless to say it's still top of my list when I next see my GP

Nigel
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2010 at 6:49pm by Headache Boy uk »  

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

IP Logged

Mike Bernardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Chesterfield, NJ
Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 12:13pm

I must admit, though, I did accupuncture, which provided temporary relief, similar to O2, for about 24 hours. Too expensive to go to a therapist, but my buddy is certified accupuncturist and he "works for food" when he comes to visit. Nothing like a needle in the head, ears and wrists to get rid of a headache.

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 1:10pm

Acupuncture worked just ok for me.  Now I use "reflexology".  Have you tried that Nigel, it cures headaches! Smiley

--shaggy

ps, since tone doesn't come through over the internets, yes I am joking, couldn't resist Cheesy

IP Logged

RuVa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Belgium ~ Oost-Vlaanderen
Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 3:08pm

Oh gosh...
yep my mother in law wants me to go to sweden to visit her "feet" person. Cures everything she says.
However, she thinks worst case scenario it might induce a CH.

Oh hell yeah, that's worth going on vacation to sweden for  Cheesy

I like foot massages, no worries there but a tickle in the foot for a lot of bucks won't solve any hypothalamus issues I figure  Roll Eyes

She means well, but they don't grasp what CH is all about.
As long as they accept it when you say enough is enough. Sometimes they get angry and believe you're a fool, but ah well...  Smiley

Love wasn't meant in the heart to stay, for love isn't love until you give it away.

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #6 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 3:17pm

I gave up along time ago trying to get people to understand how painful ch is.  Now I just tell them that I get debilitating headaches, and they say their usual have you tried this, have you tried that, and we mmove on.

chris Cool

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #7 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 3:22pm

Nigel, only us sufferers know what if feels like and all of these "cures" that others offer is just a laughing stock.
Sure, people suggest it to help, but they will never understand it.  We can't get mad at them, but just snicker in the back of our minds.  My boss has this letter (link below) in my file so he understands what we go through. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 2:31pm

Yes I've thought about printing off a copy of the letter but I don't know how well it would be received by my boss . It's a small family building firm and altho I am distantly part of the family I work as a subcontractor to them . But the letter seems a little impersonal for my situation .

One of the directors who i deal with the most kinda gets it (as much as a non sufferer can with out seeing it ) and will make allowances if I don't get a job done as quickly as I would normally. but the owner of the company , when I said " not that I've ever had one but the pain is supposed to be 10 times worse than migraine all I know is it's the most painful thing I've ever experienced " , raised his eyebrows and sarcastically said really?

That said he always asks how I'm doing and has never given me any grief about time out during the day so it's not bad at all.

I know people only suggest these thing to be helpful , but it wares a bit thin on a bad day.

ho hum

Nigel

IP Logged

Buzz
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 1:18pm

Yesterday I was advised to try urine therapy.

Ummmm No.

The irony is, it would probably be the magic cure, but will someone else please try it first? Lips Sealed

The cure is out there somewhere...
IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Reply #10 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 6:10pm

IS that the one where you drink your own piss....eeeew

may be you could recycle your meds that way.

shadows are bad to day and I've already done two cans of red bull in the last 7 hours and being as it is now 11 pm here in UK land I don't want to have another and not be able to sleep. my wife convinced me to try paracetamol & codeine, as i normally avoid pain killers, but it has had no effect Sad . still my back doesn't hurt any more ,every cloud and all that Wink

Nigel

IP Logged

RuVa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Belgium ~ Oost-Vlaanderen
Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 2:32am

Headache Boy uk wrote on Jun 10th, 2010 at 6:10pm:
may be you could recycle your meds that way.

Yep, that does it for me. Although, you'd probably have to drink quite a lot to get a decent amount of meds out of it..
Or, maybe you can drink it in a concentrated form?
Lol  Grin
Ok this is getting out of hand, *runs away*

Love wasn't meant in the heart to stay, for love isn't love until you give it away.

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

x0|LaGrange|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 11:09am

Thought I heard of all the "cures" and of course I tried many, all of the acupuncture, chiropractic, bio feedback, reflexology and on and on, however I draw the line at recycling fluids, I think I will stick with the cluster-buster methods LOL.

David Smiley Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #13 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 11:37am

Quote:
Or, maybe you can drink it in a concentrated form?

You could boil off most of the liquid...

Kind of like a 5-hour Energy Shot.

Eeww.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

x0|LaGrange|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #14 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 11:39am

EEWW and yuck!

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Kat
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #15 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 4:31am

I love my feet done and I get done for free, well, have to take it out in trade, lol, I do my kids feet and they do mine,lol!!! Hasn't knocked out any head pains but sure is soothing after one!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!