Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So far so good (Read 1272 times)
Heavy Metal
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Inwood, IA
So far so good
Jul 2nd, 2010 at 3:47am

Havent posted in a while, been pretty busy with the yard most of the time.  Dont get in the house till 8 or 9 on most nights, and the nights I DO get, im sittin in my boat on the lake  Cool

But i figured I'd let everyone know how things have progressed so far.  Lets see, my last nasty one was on the 14th of june.  I had one that might have topped at a 4 a few nights ago, but mostly PF with a shadow here and there, just enough to let you know its still there. 

The last couple nights thou ive been gettin what I discribe to my wife as "Zingers".  I know there related to the headaches,  I always get that feeling at the end of my attacks.  Its like a pulsing or "zinging" in the same locations that I feel my CH's.  On the smaller attacks I get the pulsing for a minute or two and then all the pain fades, on the largers attacks like kip 8 or 9 it would cycle.  Pulse a couple minutes and then some of the pain fades, then pulse a lil less, then more pain fades.  All in all it only takes about 10 mins or so and then it's done, its always been that way.  I look forward to that "zingin", cause I know the end is very close.   

Well the last few days ive been getting them alone...   no HA.  I'll be out in the yard, wrenchin on some car some coustomer wants a part from and out of the blue...   ZING  ZING ZING ZING...   and me droppin my wrenches, grabbin my eye goin OW OW OW What the hell???  I've had that happen to me a number of times over the last few days, like i'm at the end of an attack that I never knew happened, cept for the tell tale pulsing I get at the end. 

Im really not sure what to make of it yet.  I am at the end of my pred taper thou.  Im just not sure, since the meds and diet changes, they've started doin things that I havent experienced with them before.  Since i've been basically left alone by the beast all this time, that and i've been so busy, i've almost forgotten they were there.  Almost...  I have another way of knowin if he's still around or not, but it's almost 3 am and I need to sleep, save it for another post.

One thing I do know is, these things are predictably, weird and unpredictable in their predictability.

Night All..   or morning.

Perry

For some conditions that people have, sleep is a refuge from pain, and a relief.  For us, it's Russian Roulette. - George

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: So far so good
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 7:36am

Quote:
Havent posted in a while, been pretty busy with the yard most of the time.  Dont get in the house till 8 or 9 on most nights, and the nights I DO get, im sittin in my boat on the lake

One of the best reasons not to post for awhile - livin' life and enjoyin' it. Good deal.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 9:30am

I often get the quick, icepick jabs that you describe during a cycle.  Sometimes it's associated with an attack, sometimes not. 

When it happens during an attack, it usually signals to me that the thing is about to back off. 

That's just me, of course, but what you describe sounded familiar. 

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 9:39am

I don't get the ice pick jabbies, but here's hoping you'll mimic George and try a nice long remission. Good to hear life is settling a bit for you.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2010 at 1:02pm

Perry,

From what you've described...  it almost sounds like another one of the Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalalgias (TAC) called Short-lasting unilateral neuralgiform headache attacks with conjunctival injection and tearing (SUNCT).

You might want to check out the following link... and see your neurologist.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Neurologists at the EFNS suggest the following preventative treatment for SUNCT:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The full explanation can be found at:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hope this helps...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Heavy Metal
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Inwood, IA
Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2010 at 10:49am

Thanks Batch, im gonna check that out.  I've always thought they were "with" the clusters untill recently, I always got them with the clusters.

For some conditions that people have, sleep is a refuge from pain, and a relief.  For us, it's Russian Roulette. - George

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!