Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
They fooled me again! (Read 1454 times)
melissa76767
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

They fooled me again!
Jul 8th, 2010 at 10:21pm

I think my cycle is over.  THANK GOD!!

I have been in this cycle since mid Jan.  I have been on Lithium, Depakote, Gabapentin, Imitrex injections and of course oxygen.  The last thing I was on was Gabapentin.  I had to stop it suddenly due to sudden edema.   Also on the same day that I stopped the Gapabentin I had some trigger point injections in my neck and back....also just started seeing a chiropractor and started trying to raise my PH.  2 days after stopping the meds my cycle ended.

Every time my cluster cycle stops there is never one thing that I can point to that worked.  It is always a combination of things that could have stopped it.  Was it the meds prolonging my cycle, was it the trigger injections .....who knows.  Maybe the cycle was just going to end anyway.

Anyway I am not complaining believe me.....I was at the point to try anything!!!

Don't give up...  keep trying different approaches and find a doctor that will listen to you!!
God Bless everyone

IP Logged

plateglass
CH.com Junior

Seaside Heights, NJ
Re: They fooled me again!
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 10:29pm

Glad to hear your cycle ended.  Mine usually last 6-8 months also.  I don't know if the meds would be prolonging the cycle, it just may seem that way after such a long cycle.  PF days to ya.

Steve

Wouldn't it be easier if we just cut off your head?

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 11:30pm

Phew, that was LONG one!!

Very glad it's over for you! Phew. Cool

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 12:00am

I started my current cycle in Jan also, starting to wind down too.

Glad to hear you're getting some relief.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 8:46am

melissa76767 wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 at 10:21pm:
I think my cycle is over.  THANK GOD!!

Every time my cluster cycle stops there is never one thing that I can point to that worked.  It is always a combination of things that could have stopped it.  Was it the meds prolonging my cycle, was it the trigger injections .....who knows.  Maybe the cycle was just going to end anyway.

Yes, congratulations on the ending of this cycle. I also have wondered about meds that may have worked at first eventually becoming counterproductive to the point where they actually prolong a cycle. Don't know, but my guess is our body's become habituated to the drugs and they become less effective, while we become more frustrated and increase a med preventative hoping it will work better at higher levels. Just a guess. God bless! lance

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 10:18am

That's great news,  a little pain free time never hurts. As I've gotten older, my cycles have gotten longer, but so have my remissions. Have heard the same from several of the other "older" members of our exclusive club! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 10:29am

Since it was only 2 days after stopping the meds, I would be inclined to believe your cycle was over on it's own and not because you stopped taking the meds 2 days previous.

One of the most consistant things about our condition is...it's never consistant.   What works good during one cycle won't work the next,  sometimes the HA's come like clock-work, other times at random.   Most of us have stopped trying to figure it out.   Grin

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!