Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Well, he is asleep (Read 3334 times)
Sandy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Well, he is asleep
Oct 6th, 2010 at 2:15am

Hubby is into his 5th week.  The past two nights have easily been 10 on the kip scale.  He took 10mg of melatonin about an hour ago, and I have a Red Bull sitting on the table beside him.  First time trying it.  I'm just sitting here.....waiting.
Waiting for the inevitable, debilitating monster that is slowly driving the man I love insane.  I wish that I could get my hands on that little demon.  Boy, the torture I would put it through!!
I'm staying up, because he has a bad habit of trying to go at it alone.  He doesn't wake me up until he's suicidal....and I thank God that he does it then. 
We just found out what this was 2 days ago, after 9 years of suffering alone.  Now that we have new info, thanks to all of you, I want to be awake all night!  I hope to watch him sleep peacefully all night long!!  I know it's alot to hope for, after the last 2 nights, but at last, there IS hope!  We can actually put words to describe what he's feeling. (Shadows, demon, "Suicide Headache"....etc.) And it all makes perfect sence. 
My only regret is not finding this site sooner.  I haven't been off of here, for a total of 2 minutes since I found it.  All of the answers we've been searching for for 9 years, is all right here. (Minus the cause, and cure, unfortunatly.)
I've gotten down to the "Where we live" link, and found that there is actually 1 other sufferer in this little NC town that I live in.
Well, I think I'm gonna go on over to facebook and play some games.  My brain is spinning from all this new info.

Here's hopeing that everyone has a restful, pain-free night!!

Sandy C
Dedicated Wife of a sufferer

<b>You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~Robin Williams<b/>

IP Logged

Sandy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Well, he is asleep
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 4:48am

4:38am and snoring like crazy!!!!!  (Completly different story just 24 hours ago.)  Hey, maybe there is something to this melatonin thing!!!!  He's SLEEPING!!!!!  I'm so friggin happy I could pee!!!  Maybe I should take a nap.  I'm just scared that he'll wake up with that dreaded look on his face, and I don't want to be asleep when he does.
Earlier today, he gave me a kiss and smiled. And said, "I love you so much. Thank you for taking care of me."...and you know what?  That made all my sleepless nights, and frustration worth every second of it.  I think he finally realizes that I'm in this for the long haul, and that I REALLY DO understand.  Wink

<b>You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~Robin Williams<b/>

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 5:04am

That sounds great Sandy.

Now remember to get some sleep yourself, even if he is snoring his heart out next to you at least that is a lot better than a CH any day or night.

IP Logged

Sandy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 5:10am

I'm not complaining, by any means.  It's a very comforting sound.  It's been a while.  Smiley

IP Logged

Sandy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 7:14am

Well, did we just prolong the inevitable?  He slept for 5 hours, waking up twice with the shadows, but not as bad as usual.  However, 6:30am......the beast woke him up.  Seeing the look on his face, I reminded him of the Red Bull next to him.  He drank it as fast as he could.  About 5 minutes later, he said it was easing up.  Then 5 more minutes, the bastard did a u-turn.  He's about a 7 now and is soaking in the tub.  I have to get the kids off to school.  I hate to leave him alone for even a minute!!!  At least he got a little more sleep than usual.  I pray that we didn't just prolong it, and turn it into an all day episode, instead of all night.......Grrrr.  So frustrating. Angry

IP Logged

Sandy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 7:40am

Been gone 15 minutes to get the kids on the bus, and damn if my hubby isn't sitting on the couch, white eyed, and smiling.  He says, "I like Red Bull"......lol!
He says he has the sensation that it has ended. (He says it's a tingling, numb, thick feeling) But the shadow is gone too.  No pain, just "Blah" feeling.  He is still on guard and tensed up. But currently kip scale is 0!!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Lauren17
CH.com Sponsor

Texas
Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 10:23am

My father used to sing me this lullaby and I have thought it many a night looking at my husband sleeping:

Sleep my child and peace attend thee,
All through the night
Guardian angels God will send thee,
All through the night;
Soft the drowsy hours are creeping,
Hill and vale in slumber sleeping,
I my loved ones' watch am keeping,
All through the night.
Angels watching, e'er around thee,
All through the night
Midnight slumber close surround thee,
All through the night
Soft the drowsy hours are creeping,
Hill and vale in slumber sleeping
I my loved ones' watch am keeping,
All through the night

While the moon her watch is keeping,
All through the night
While the weary world is sleeping,
All through the night
O'er thy spirit gently stealing,
Visions of delight revealing
Breathes a pure and holy feeling,
All through the night.

It's called All Through the Night and sums it up nicely to me- the hope for rest and peace, and the resolve to keep watch and try, through shear force of will and love to keep the beast away.

Words cannot describe how happy I am that you guys found some things that help and some sleep. Wat a difference just a bit more sleep can be, and what a relief to have a world of treatment options open up before you- I know! Glad you're here!

Never, never, never give up.

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 4:22pm

Sandy wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 at 7:14am:
Well, did we just prolong the inevitable?  He slept for 5 hours, waking up twice with the shadows, but not as bad as usual.  However, 6:30am......the beast woke him up.  Seeing the look on his face, I reminded him of the Red Bull next to him.  He drank it as fast as he could.  About 5 minutes later, he said it was easing up.  Then 5 more minutes, the bastard did a u-turn.  He's about a 7 now and is soaking in the tub.  I have to get the kids off to school.  I hate to leave him alone for even a minute!!!  At least he got a little more sleep than usual.  I pray that we didn't just prolong it, and turn it into an all day episode, instead of all night.......Grrrr.  So frustrating. Angry

No, melatonin does not put an attack off til later, like a triptan can.  At least in my case.  I have had night and day hits pretty much since day one with this thing and the melatonin eliminates or reduces the night time hits.  And that really helps because you can re-charge your batteries some and battle on.  Glad he got some sleep.

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

mikstudie
CH.com Old Timer

Beastmaster

Westland Mi.
Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 9:08am

Sandy,so good to hear you guys are having some success with the things you read here.The folks here saved my butt,The Melatonin worked great for me as did the Red Bull. I have had good success with taking my Red Bull and walking around the block also. I know the fear of falling asleep when you know whats going to happen, all my hits take place at night but the Melatonin really helped me,. I take 10mg an hour before bed.Your husband may get some very vivid and wild dreams at first ( I Did for a week or so ) but its better than an attack anyday. The support from a loved one is so important, Kudos to you.

IT'S JUST A HEADACHE,TAKE TWO ASPRIN AND GO TO BED!!!

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #9 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 2:35am

Sandy, he's lucky to have you.  Supporters rock, and you're one of the good ones.

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!