Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Engery drinks (Read 2890 times)
mikstudie
CH.com Old Timer

Beastmaster

Westland Mi.
Engery drinks
Nov 11th, 2010 at 8:04am

Iam sure this has been posted somewhere before but I thought I would post it for the new people.

Red Bull works great for many here,but it's pretty pricie. I have found that Monster Energy Drink works just as well at half the price. I have tried others with the same ingredients but they did not work as well as Bull and Monster. Here in Michigan a Bull 16oz is almost 5 bucks where a Monster is 2.50 and the Bull isn't cheaper by the dozen where as the Monster is.

IT'S JUST A HEADACHE,TAKE TWO ASPRIN AND GO TO BED!!!

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Re: Engery drinks
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 11:29am

I always drink Monster Java loco mocha...... mmmmmm

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 12:29pm

RipIt at WalMart is $1.  5hr Energy is $11 for 6 at WalMart.  KMart has a little shot like 5hr Energy called Red Rain for $1.  I just found them yesterday and bought four to try.  Haven't needed one, so I can't say how well they work.  I probably won't be able to tell you though since I'm cured! Cheesy

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

mikstudie
CH.com Old Timer

Beastmaster

Westland Mi.
Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 1:10pm

Callico wrote on Nov 11th, 2010 at 12:29pm:
RipIt at WalMart is $1.  5hr Energy is $11 for 6 at WalMart.  KMart has a little shot like 5hr Energy called Red Rain for $1.  I just found them yesterday and bought four to try.  Haven't needed one, so I can't say how well they work.  I probably won't be able to tell you though since I'm cured! Cheesy

Jerry

Yea Im cured too Cheesy and pigs do fly Grin

IT'S JUST A HEADACHE,TAKE TWO ASPRIN AND GO TO BED!!!

IP Logged

Lieutenant2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 8:16pm

I'm a fan of the shots, myself. All we're really looking for is a lot of taurine and B6, so the smaller the amount of liquid I need to chug, the better. I can find a few brands at my local Big Lots store for $0.50 or $1.00. Frankly, they all taste like urine, so I stock up on whatever is cheapest.

The cool thing about buying the shots is that they are small enough to take on an airplane in a carry-on, and the 8oz cans aren't.

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #5 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 9:47pm

Agostino Leyre wrote on Nov 11th, 2010 at 11:29am:

Good stuff its the only one I drink.

Most stimulants seem good for CH wether energy drinks, coffee, tea, ephedrine or whatever. The energy drinks  with taurine generally wont buzz you up like many strong cups of coffee.

MJ

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Reply #6 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 7:14am

MJ wrote on Nov 11th, 2010 at 9:47pm:
Agostino Leyre wrote on Nov 11th, 2010 at 11:29am:

Good stuff its the only one I drink.

Most stimulants seem good for CH wether energy drinks, coffee, tea, ephedrine or whatever. The energy drinks  with taurine generally wont buzz you up like many strong cups of coffee.

Just slammed two of them, now I'm puffing on my e-cig and watching sportscenter.

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

Arde
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Dayton, TX.
Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 5:32pm

I bought a bottle of 100 taurine caps., 1000 mg. for $5.95. Have used them twice by dropping one in a cup of instant coffee. Seems to work as well as an energy drink, but hard to tell for sure.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 6:05pm

Somebody else recently posted about taurine pills and coffee. They said it worked as well as energy drinks for them too. Sounds like a cheap alternative! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 9:19pm

Lieutenant2 wrote on Nov 11th, 2010 at 8:16pm:
I'm a fan of the shots, myself. All we're really looking for is a lot of taurine and B6, so the smaller the amount of liquid I need to chug, the better. I can find a few brands at my local Big Lots store for $0.50 or $1.00. Frankly, they all taste like urine, so I stock up on whatever is cheapest.

The cool thing about buying the shots is that they are small enough to take on an airplane in a carry-on, and the 8oz cans aren't.

Never tried urine myself.  Let me know if it really helps. Cheesy

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Lieutenant2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 3:44pm

Callico wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 9:19pm:
Never tried urine myself.  Let me know if it really helps. Cheesy

Jerry

Hey man, don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

(I'm just kidding. . .no, really. . .I am!)

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #11 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 7:36pm

The Shaggy doesn't need the energy drink, for me any caffeine will do.  My favorite during a cycle is a cold coca cola around 8 or 9am.  I ususally get hit between 9 and 10 so this is a preemptive dose.  Sometimes it works better than coffee or tea even though it doesn't have as much caffeine.  Seems like it is the cold and the carbonation that feels really nice with enough caffeine to constrict my vaso's.

Typically I don't drink soda but it is something that has worked almost 100% over the last 25 years.  Of course the attacks try to get through in the afternoon too or if I am late drinking it it may not work.

Soooooo for those of you who don't like drinking urine tasting "whoop-ass" or "ripit", try the preemptive caffeine drink of your liking instead.

--Shaggy Smiley

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #12 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 7:12am

Carbonation speeds up the delivery of any drug taken orally, so that's not totally surprising, Shagmeister.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #13 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 8:30am

As far as the taurine pills go, just two words of caution. First, taurine eats up B6 like nobody's business, so maybe a supplement there. Second, I know there can be interactions between verpamil and too much taurine. Maybe other prevents as well? And I also vote for Monster. I like the Hitman, or KHAOS. And I'm not at all sure liquid to taurine/caffeine volume isn't involved. Maybe not, but the little shots don't seem to work as well for me. But that's just me. God bless! lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!