Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Neck pain with knots before and during CH. (Read 10439 times)
RandyJ
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Neck pain with knots before and during CH.
Reply #25 - Jan 9th, 2011 at 6:37pm

I get the knot about two inches below the skull on the right side of my neck and a pain line that goes up to the lower right base of my skull. It's there anytime I get the CH's and goes away during intermissions.

When it gets bad and I think it may trigger the demon, I have a rice sock that I heat up and apply for about a half an hour and it seems to loosen it up some.

Rice sock: take a large sock and fill with dried rice, heat in the microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes and apply to area you need heat. Will last for several minutes then just reheat.
If you prefer moist heat (sometimes works better) wrap in plastic bag and then wrap a warm damp small towel around it before applying.

IP Logged

Dalmay
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Sarasota, Florida
Reply #26 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 7:47am

Thank you for this post!!!  I have had many doctors try to tell me that ch does not include neck pain!!!  It is good to know I am not crazy!!!

IP Logged

TheVerbalArchitect
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Madison, WI
Reply #27 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 6:22pm

I get this very bad,usually its my first sign that i am going to get an attack,I took a few yoga classes,that helped somewhat,loosens everything up.

In regards to my pressure point post above,I bought a book at half price books,ten bucks used called:

"Acupressure For Emotional Healing"
By: Micheal Reed And  Beth Henning

Contains locations of hundreds of pressure points all over
the body that can help with both Physical And Mental
problems,this book has helped a lot.

One Love

The V.A.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Michael_MA
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Palo Alto, CA
Reply #28 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 2:28am

I know this is an older post, but I know when a CH is on it's way when my back starts to tighten. By the time it hits my shoulders and neck are usually completely locked up and thee is a small knot on the back of my neck. My back and shoulder (mainly the side of the CH) stay this way until the cycle is over.

Massage does help, but does not prevent another CH. It does lesson the overall experience though and I have stopped one on the way (before the pain starts) with intense deep tissue massage. Once the pain starts though... well you know the drill.

Chiros, though I think they can be helpful on other things have been of zero value with my CH.

IP Logged

lynn327
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #29 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:38am

I also get the knot before a hit, but before the neck thing I get very nauseous and then sneeze. Bam the Hit. Sometimes the neck goes into a Charlie horse and is relieved by someone pulling  up on the head. This goes on 4/5 times a day. Anybody have the nauseous sneeze thing before the hit?

IP Logged

Esheel31
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Virginia,USA
Reply #30 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:17pm

Don’t get the knot,but do get a throbbing pain in the neck/base of the skull.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!