Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2011 Clusterbuster Conference (Read 9067 times)
Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
2011 Clusterbuster Conference
Nov 28th, 2010 at 4:56pm

I wanted to pass along some preliminary information so people can start planning.

The 2011 Clusterbuster Conference will take place in Chicago over the September 16-18 weekend.

The hotel information should be available soon. Doug and the committee are going over the results of the survey and are putting together an outstanding program.

Hope to see everyone there.
More to follow. Watch this space 

Bob

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Re: 2011 Clusterbuster Conference
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 1:58pm

It is on my calendar.  Thanks.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 6:13pm

Looking forward to seeing you again Jerry.

Bob

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 7:21pm

I'll be there with bells on.

And my bride says she's coming with me this time.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 7:54pm

Glad to hear it Brew.
I'm glad you're bringing the family CEO because I want to talk about one of those book deals you're offering people  Grin

Bob

- C.S. Lewis
IP Logged

LadyChefNLN
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2010 at 6:50pm

I just joined last night. Thanks for the info on the conference. I'm in WI so I'm close to Chicago. Would love to meet fellow CH.

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 6:57am

Hoping to attend....

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #7 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 10:06am

LadyChefNLN wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 at 6:50pm:
I just joined last night. Thanks for the info on the conference. I'm in WI so I'm close to Chicago. Would love to meet fellow CH.

If you're interested, go to clusterbusters.com to become educated on one of the most effective preventative treatments going.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #8 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 6:29pm

LadyChefNLN wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 at 6:50pm:

Some of us will be getting together in St Louis in Jan.  Look at the posting about it on here.  LouCon is unstructured, just a get together and good fellowship.  Good chance for questions and answers as well.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

LadyChefNLN
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 10:21pm

Thanks Brew & Calico! Have been on clusterbusters.com. And joined OUCH too.

After the holidays I will definitely do more reading, more than I already have with the late nights of the beast.

Peace, Nora

IP Logged

dougW
CH.com Veteran

pain is inevitable.  
suffering is optional

Canada  'eh.
Re: 2011 Clusterbuster Conference-update Dec 31, 2010
Reply #10 - Dec 31st, 2010 at 4:27pm

I'm copying this directly from the ClusterBuster board.
The conference thread there is in the General Section, so log in is not required (other than to view any links)

This is the first speaker announcement.

Perhaps once or twice a year, somewhere on our planet, there is a room filled mostly with Cluster Headache sufferers, along with a few loved ones and medical professionals. In that room, there exists a rare opportunity to better understand ourselves, each other, and our condition.

Such an opportunity will be possible at the ClusterBusters conference beginning September 16, 2011 in Chicago Illinois, led by a fellow clusterhead and licensed psychotherapist, Dr. Larry Schor.

Dr. Schor describes the sessions as this:

There are a number of common factors that are hard, if not impossible to explain to others. My sense is that nearly everyone with this condition has been psychotic. Apparently it is quite common during an attack to feel compulsions like, “Maybe if I get the pliers and pull some of these molars it would help” or “If I drill a small hole in my head it might relieve the pressure”

There also seems to be a pretty universal experience of assault by some otherly beast. The attached picture seems to capture this for many of us.

Suicidal thoughts, attempts, and completions are alarmingly high among CH sufferers. For many, it also seems that the suicidal ideation is not even so much about stopping the pain, but more as a way of killing “It” even if it means I will die in the process. There is a fear that this might sound like melodramatic hyperbole to outsiders.

The existential therapist, Irvin Yalom identifies the therapeutic factors of group work (see link below).
I believe these principles offer particular relevance for our group.

On the Saturday afternoon of the Conference, Dr. Schor will facilitate two group sessions.

Our first group meeting will focus on the theme of what we have in common that makes us an “us.”    What this means is that we clusterheads have all or mostly felt psychotic helpless, been misunderstood by people who suggested unhelpful things, been traumatized by the assault of a cluster attack, contemplated suicide, felt the need to hide for various reasons, etc.  There appears to exist a PTSD-like quality among some. The individual and cumulative effects of enduring attacks alter aspects of our lives.

Our second group meeting will explore “what helps.” Recognizing that no singular treatment works for everyone, we will share our successes and failures; medically, emotionally, and relationally as we collaboratively approach some of the difficult choices required to navigate through this condition.

Registration details will be available shortly.
Mark this conference date on your calendars, you’re not going to want to miss this.

Link:
Therapeutic Factors in Group Work: adapted from (Yalom and Leszcz, 2005)

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness.  I'll meet you there.   (Rumi)
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #11 - Dec 31st, 2010 at 5:23pm

Doug, that is the best news I've heard in quite a while!  Dr Schor is tremendous!  I got to meet him at the Clusterbusters conference two years ago, and then he was at the OUCH convention last summer.  At that convention he brought along several of his students to be of what help they could be and also to learn from us how to deal with people in their practices that are suffering pain of the level we suffer.  They were a great group of kids (kids to me) who both learned a lot, but also brought a lot to the conference.  If possible I would suggest you consider this. 

I'm really looking forward to this conference.  Keep up the great work.

Jerry

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

dougW
CH.com Veteran

pain is inevitable.  
suffering is optional

Canada  'eh.
Re: 2011 Clusterbuster Conference update jan 30
Reply #12 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 6:59pm

Cluster Headache, a Kid's View.

ClusterBusters is pleased to confirm a presentation by a young lady whose mother has cluster headache and of her personal journey into becoming a supporter of someone with this condition.
She will share how she felt the first time she witnessed a high level attack and how she now helps by assisting with the oxygen, ice and sitting with her parent during an attack.
Through this, they both have found decreased feelings of helplessness and have reduced the worries, frustrations and fears we all often experience around our cluster headaches.
"A Kid's View" will be a wonderful story from the perspective of a teen supporter, filled with moments of pain, insight and laughter.

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness.  I'll meet you there.   (Rumi)
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #13 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 9:15am

It's on the calendar.  We're hoping it works out for us this year.  Chicago isn't that far away.  I love Chicago. Smiley

IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Reply #14 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 3:02pm

Since i was a child,i have always wanted to go to a cub game...Here in L.A. you don't want to sit in the bleachers...How about Wrigley field 1)...are the bleachers safe 2)...is that a good spot for the game 3)...I would never of thought of sitting in the bleachers ( a few of my friends) went to Boston last year,sat in the green monster (said they had a blast) was just wondering if its the same with Wrigley...Any insight or suggestions would be much appreciated.....thank you,Lenny

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

gore2424
CH.com Alumnus

What the hamsalad was
that ?¿?

Reply #15 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:59pm

Hi Bob altho I will not be able to make it to the convention I would like to send something for your auction if you are having one. I have made a model with the cluster buster logo with date and place on it s few years ago. If you would please send me an address to mail the item to you. Terry (gore2424@aol.com)

I said your hair looks nice Ü

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 7:51pm

Hi Terry,
Thanks very much.
I will send you my hame address in PM.

If anyone ekse would like my address to send items, drop me a PM.
Otherwise items can be sent top our P.O. Box also.

Clusterbusters
P.O. Box 574
Lombard Il

Lenny,
The Cubbies are in town that weekend. Although I'm a Sox fan, just about anywhere in Wrigley is a fun time. Anywhere in the outfield is a party. It's an old stadium so there are some obstructed views with pillars in other areas so you should be careful about other areas.

Bob

- C.S. Lewis
IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 7:44pm

Bob,

I thank you very much for the inf...Lenny

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #18 - May 6th, 2011 at 2:03pm

Really, really, really want to go!  Smiley  I have all the info and hopefully will be making the reservation well before the deadline.  My calendar is marked so I won't forget.

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

dougW
CH.com Veteran

pain is inevitable.  
suffering is optional

Canada  'eh.
Re: 2011 Clusterbuster Conference - update
Reply #19 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 6:09pm

August 25 is the last day to confirm you hotel room at the rate of $79.00 per night.

Link to registration page and hotel reservation link:
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2011 at 6:11pm by dougW »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!