Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 107
Send Topic Print
123 Days PF And I Think I know Why (Read 441207 times)
birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

x0|staten island|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why
Reply #1075 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 6:33pm

Forgot to mention, no hit all day since zomig used during last night. Lets see what tonight's sleep brings.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #1076 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 4:49am

Hmmm...  Very interesting...  Particularly when you consider the mean elimination half-life of zolmitriptan and of the active N-desmethyl metabolite is 3 hours.

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #1077 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 4:31pm

Used the zomig for only the third time at 1:00am this morning.  Slept until almost 9:00 and pain free again till show shadows at 4:00.  If the half life is three hours then in theory, I went twelve hours pain free without the help of the zomig.  Only one other thing going on and that is the D3.  Going to use my saturday as the day for the high dose and then go back to 15,000 during  the week.  Have to print out some stuff to take to the neuro on Tuesday.  Its amazing what some sleep can do for your pysche.  Will keep posted.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #1078 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 5:14pm

I agree with your deductive logic... and comment on what sleep can do for your psyche.

« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2012 at 5:15pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #1079 - Dec 2nd, 2012 at 1:58pm

As it seems to be going, getting 15-17 hours of relief after zomig use thanks to what I believe is the D3.  As my time expired last night, I hit the zomig and found it weird that I didn't get the nasty backdrip from the spray.  Sure enough was getting hit through the night (o2 worked) until it dawned on me that maybe the zomig was empty.  Hit a different zomig spray at 5:00am and slept till 11:30!!!!  Nothing all day again and guessing around 8:00pm I will be back at the zomig.  Maybe not as yesterday was my mega dose of D3.  We will see.

IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #1080 - Dec 2nd, 2012 at 9:10pm

Well, I have gone past what I thought would be my pain free time. Of course I am jinxing myself but what the hell. Occasional shadow but no hit. Hoping the megadose yesterday puts me at a higher level. Lets see what tonight brings.

IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #1081 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 6:49pm

Got hit at 10:30 last night and after zomig spray slept till 5:00. O2 and back to bed till alarm at 6:20. Got to work and got slammed by full on kip 10. Used my first full imitrex injection. At 2:30 got hit again waiting to meet prospective new client. Used zomig again.  WTF?  Bad day, mad at the world. Had a long "talk" with God on the ride home. I'm guessing he is not talking to me right now. Anxiety at breaking point. Hoping for better days.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #1082 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 8:19am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Patience Grasshopper...

I sent you a PM with some suggestions to discuss with your doctor...

Take care and hang in there...

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #1083 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 8:43pm

Classic pic, just frustrated.  Upped the d3 to 50,000 today and going to try and detox off triptans.  Hoping to be able to try a bust this weekend.  You know why no one famous suffers from this.  No one can led a life that would get them to fame.  We all end being that guy/girl with the weird headaches.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #1084 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 12:07am

birdman wrote on Dec 4th, 2012 at 8:43pm:
You know why no one famous suffers from this.

Daniel Radcliffe, the actor famous for playing Harry Potter might just disagree with this.

There are no doubt others but they probably keep it quiet.

IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #1085 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 9:11pm

We need a voice. Anyway, after battling through a hit at the neuro office last night, I have been pain free since. Last triptan use was yesterday at 2:00pm. Slept all night though I had a steady eye jab I couldn't shake. Hope the increased D3 is doing the trick.

IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #1086 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 6:46pm

So far so good, no triptans in two days

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #1087 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 11:48pm

Good start.

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #1088 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 5:33pm

Another day of no triptans. Bust maybe this weekend, not sure if I want to mess with it though

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #1089 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 9:33am

Birdman, I'm coming up on 3 years pain free on "The Batch regimen." 52 year old male, 36 year episodic. I generally start around Thanksgiving, many years my first hit was on Thanksgiving day. This year I had forgot to take my regimen for 2 days in a row. (I NEVER allow this to happen but....) got a mild headache and my wife freaked out becuase my eyelid was "falling!" (Doing the dreaded CH droop she knows all too well.) Doubled back to 10,000 vit d a day for a week and appear to be out of the woods. Needless to say I'm even more religous about my daily regimen. No way I think it's coincidence.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #1090 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 2:51pm

Joe,

You bring up a good point.  As good as the anti-inflammatory regimen is as a cluster headache preventative...  It's not a cure.

That said, at 20 to 30 cents a day to remain pain free of the beast...  Who cares?

For reference, data collected since late 2010 indicates the 25(OH)D reserve burn down time to a resumption of cluster headache symptoms after skipping or intentionally stopping this regimen, ranges from a few days to as much as two weeks.

In my case as a chronic CH'er, after 13 months totally PF on this regimen taking a maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 with a stable 25(OH)D serum concentration of 85 ng/mL...  it took 8 days without the maintenance dose of vitamin D3 for my CH to return.

Bottom line...  a disciplined approach to taking this regimen pays off...  And if you forget your vitamin D3 for a few days...  the beast will remind you...

For you episodic types...  you may be able to skate for weeks to several months without a visit from the beast if you stop taking this regimen...  However... when your normal cycle start date arrives and the beast comes a calling, it will likely take the same length of time to go PF after restarting this regimen, as it did the first time you started it.

Finally, on another topic...  If you're considering oxygen therapy as an abortive for your cluster headaches and you're planning to buy an oxygen regulator capable of 25 liters/minute or higher...  buy it before the end of the year.

As of 1 January 2013, the price of all medical devices is going up due to the new medical device tax made possible under obamacare... 

The cost of these devices goes even higher as a result of the increased cost of labor to produce these devices due to the impact of obamacare on medical insurance provided by the manufacturers...

You can thank obamacare and the liberal progressives in the politburo who pushed it into law...  Elections have consequences...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #1091 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 4:46pm

Thanks batch for another quality post. I will without question try and be religious about this program.

IP Logged

Ouch1975
CH.com Newbie

not sure yet!

Gold Coast, Australia
Reply #1092 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 12:20am

Hi All, I'm kinda new here, posted a couple of times in 2007, I'm writing from Gold Coast, Australia. Lately I have been 'stalking' batch's & others posts in regards to the vitamin regimen.  I've had CH for roughly 13 years, I started a new cycle about 3 weeks ago, this one's a bit more full on than usual as I'm getting hit 3-4 times a day (no night ones - start early morning around 5:30/6am). In the past I've generally only had a big one in the morning, which may or may not linger (shadow) all day.

So, I've started taking the following per day:
Vitamin D3 - 10,000iu
Magnesium - 300mg
Calcium - 600mg
Fish Oil - 3,000mg
'Centrum Advance' Multivitamin
Large Glass of Home Made Lemon Drink with Honey

I have slowly progressed over the last 5 days to be taking it all, today is the only the 2nd day of the full regimen.

I got my blood test results back today and my Vitamin D level was normal at 105 nmol/L.  Actually everything was in the very good normal range except Iron, which was quite low, hopefully the multivitamin will help with that.

I haven't noticed a difference in my hits over the last few days, I take Imigran orally which works well for me.

The doc said today that he may start me on Verapamil.  I said I wanted to give the regimen 2-3 weeks to kick in. If it has not helped in that time, I will look at other options.

I'm excited about this regimen and so thankful to Batch for sharing and all the others who have shared their experiences too. Fingers crossed this works for me.

Will write an update when there's something to report.

Ange

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #1093 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 9:17am

Hope it works for you as well as it has for me Ange. Crossing my fingers for ya.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

CrankieFrankie
CH.com Junior

Clusterhead

New Jersey
Reply #1094 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 1:07pm

I started this regimen of vitamins this past weekend and I can already tell a difference. I've noticed that taking 15,000iu daily of D3, split up in 3 doses (1 with breakfast at 8am, 1 with lunch at 12 and 1 with dinner around 6) has been the most beneficial for me. I started out taking them in the morning and evening and my normal 9am headache just seemed to be pushed back to the afternoon. Having the doses split up seems to keep them at bay for the entire day.

This website and this specific thread, have been lifesavers for me. I was in the middle of a really brutal cycle but now there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you everyone!  Grin

"I close my eyes, I tell myself to breathe and be calm. I know you feel like you are breaking down. I know that it gets so hard sometimes. Be calm."

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #1095 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 1:27pm

CrankieFrankie wrote on Dec 13th, 2012 at 1:07pm:
I started this regimen of vitamins this past weekend and I can already tell a difference. I've noticed that taking 15,000iu daily of D3, split up in 3 doses (1 with breakfast at 8am, 1 with lunch at 12 and 1 with dinner around 6) has been the most beneficial for me. I started out taking them in the morning and evening and my normal 9am headache just seemed to be pushed back to the afternoon. Having the doses split up seems to keep them at bay for the entire day.

This website and this specific thread, have been lifesavers for me. I was in the middle of a really brutal cycle but now there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you everyone!  Grin

Cha-ching!

Slam dunk.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #1096 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 4:01pm

57 days pain free now and have been only taking the D3 regimen....After 37 years of chronic CH I was pain free after the 3rd day of taking the regimen, i realize that this isn't the norm for everyone but to those who have been taking it and not getting immediate results please be patient as it can take up to 2 months to become effective and be sure to get your 25 ohd lab tests so you know where your D3 levels are and that they are between 60 and 110 ng/ml levels to be pain free so best of luck to all as pain free is WONDERFUL!!!......Johnny
p.s. As with all meds this doesn't work for everyone so just give it the proper time to work and hopefully you will be pain free too! Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2012 at 4:01pm by Clusterman59 »  

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

CrankieFrankie
CH.com Junior

Clusterhead

New Jersey
Reply #1097 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 4:41pm

Now all I'm waiting for is a couple more PF days so I can finally try my beer test. Hopefully, I'll pass it in time for new years. Smiley

"I close my eyes, I tell myself to breathe and be calm. I know you feel like you are breaking down. I know that it gets so hard sometimes. Be calm."

IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

Reply #1098 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 6:35pm

All great news folks. Allow me to further it along, still pain fee. Think I am still in cycle but not getting hit. I say that because every so often during the day I feel something but it never materializes. Woop woop

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #1099 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 8:09pm

birdman wrote on Dec 13th, 2012 at 6:35pm:
All great news folks. Allow me to further it along, still pain fee. Think I am still in cycle but not getting hit. I say that because every so often during the day I feel something but it never materializes. Woop woop

If the news around here got any better, I'd have to be two people cuz I can't take that much good news! Cheesy

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 107
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!