Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 
Send Topic Print
123 Days PF And I Think I know Why (Read 441254 times)
Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why
Reply #2600 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 2:12pm

Hey Sledgehammer,

The lab test for your serum 25(OH)D, calcium and PTH should be an annual affair.  That way you know for sure what your 25(OH)D is, that your serum calcium is within its normal reference range so you can change the vitamin D3 dose accordingly. 

Allergic reactions raise havoc with with this regimen's capacity to prevent CH at the usual maintenance dose of 10,000 to 15,000 IU/day.  If you suspect an allergy and the CH beast starts jumping ugly, (that's a valid indication of an allergic reaction), then a few days at a loading dose of 50,000 IU/day and a temporary new maintenance dose of 20,000 to 25,000 IU/day plus Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) at 25 mg every four hours through the day for a week to ten days usually gets you back CH pain free relatively fast.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

sledgehammer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2601 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:47pm

Batch wrote on Jun 26th, 2018 at 2:12pm:
Hey Sledgehammer,

The lab test for your serum 25(OH)D, calcium and PTH should be an annual affair.  That way you know for sure what your 25(OH)D is, that your serum calcium is within its normal reference range so you can change the vitamin D3 dose accordingly. 

Allergic reactions raise havoc with with this regimen's capacity to prevent CH at the usual maintenance dose of 10,000 to 15,000 IU/day.  If you suspect an allergy and the CH beast starts jumping ugly, (that's a valid indication of an allergic reaction), then a few days at a loading dose of 50,000 IU/day and a temporary new maintenance dose of 20,000 to 25,000 IU/day plus Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) at 25 mg every four hours through the day for a week to ten days usually gets you back CH pain free relatively fast.

V/R, Batch

Yes sir, after my last cluster period was over, and i was in remission for almost 4 years, i didn't take the regimen every single day. I usually only took it on my work days which was 4 or 5 days a week and only 5000iu of d3 so i didnt worry about the test much since i wasn't having issues.

I dont think I've had any allergic reactions.  I think i got a lot of inflamation built up with my back issues, combined with the back medicine, and my poor diet is what got it started back.  Also, I quit smoking at my last cluster period.  For some not smart reason, i started smoking some again at the first of the year.  What turned into a pack a week ended up back to a pack a day like old times.  With my research, I believe that played a big part in the back and head issues.  I have since quit again and dont plan on starting back this time.

The good news is only very slight shadows the last 2 days. Hopefully things are looking up again.

On another not, I want to warn others about rebound headaches. I had a perscription of Relpax a few years ago. They worked great then.  I had several left over so i wasnt in a hurry to see a doctor this go around.  I forgot, and being not smart again to look it up, that your only supposed to take 2 a week.  I was taking 2 a day on some days!  Fortunately, I figured out what was going on before it got too bad, but enduring that was not fun.

Hopefully im on the uphill drag now!

IP Logged

sledgehammer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2602 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 10:03pm

I got the rest of the regamin ingredients i was missing, and have been mostly pain free for 10 days now.  I still get a very brief kip6 for a minute or so a few times a day, but its so brief i can deal with it fairly easy... Kinda like a reminder. I didn't pass the Alcohol test last Wednesday though....i think I'll wait awhile before i try again  Grin

I also think some essential oils helped me a few times.  My wife was a big oil freak a couple years ago. I always thought they were snake oil.  I even had her convinced the same.  I ran across some things online that convinced me to try them...after all whats the worse that can happen, i spend a hundredish bucks and it dont help?  As most of you guys know thats a small price imo for some relief. So i got some Cypress and Frankincense, she already had some.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to try them enough to draw a set in stone answer, but i am convinced they do help....and coincidence or not, I think I aborted 2 CH with those oils.  I dont like to post things im not totally sure about, but maybe someone else can try them out and possibly get some relief.  I will definitely experiment with them more if i get the chance, but honestly i hope i dont get to!
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2018 at 10:16pm by sledgehammer »  

IP Logged

yesdog27
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Reply #2603 - Jul 13th, 2018 at 11:53am

Need some help. Episodic CH for 30 years. 6 weeks into this cycle. On D3 regimen for 4 weeks now with no relief. Tested yesterday and at 113 ng/ml. Tried Benadryl every 4 hours for a week also without results.
Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2604 - Jul 13th, 2018 at 12:55pm

YesDog,

Are you taking all the other cofactors?  Are you taking the vitamin B complex?

Some CHers require a higher 25(OH)D serum concentration ≥140 ng/mL to achieve a CH pain free response.  Try a 50,000 IU/day loading dose for two to three days.  If the frequency and severity drops by the second or third day, You likely need a higher 25(OH)D serum concentration.

I've also sent you an email...

« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2018 at 12:57pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

yesdog27
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Reply #2605 - Jul 13th, 2018 at 5:17pm

I’m taking all the cofactors: fish oil, multi mature, b-complex, magnesium, super k.  I’ve also been on the loading dose for the last week.

IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #2606 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 12:21am

Hello Yesdog,  Unfortunately I know what you're going through. After getting one week into the loading dose and adding Benadryl to the mix I went completely pain free for 3 weeks even though the episode was still on. Didn't need O2 or my nightly Imitrex, even drank alcohol. Two weeks ago I spent a week in the sunshine on the dry side of our State (didn't bring the O2...big mistake) and all that success vanished the first night over there. Started back on a high level of D3 and taking Benadryl 4 times a day and showing improvement but my tank of O2 is still dropping fast and I don't dare skip my Imitrex. Almost 12 weeks in now and no end in sight.
    Have you had success with D3 in the past? I did some field mowing which might have triggered my Ch's and also was 2000 feet higher than where I normally live. I'm curious if there was any changes in your lifestyle that may be a factor. Good luck, I know it doesn't help but a least we understand what you're going through.  Sean

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2607 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 12:44am

Hey Sean,

Common problem... Move to a new location, new allergens and BANG! the CH beast up and jumps ugly.  I've had it happen to me several times.  Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) is only part of the solution.  You'll need to restart the vitamin D3 loading schedule at 50,000 IU/day until the beast fades away.  It could take a few days or a week or more to achieve a CH pain free state.  Stay at 50,000 IU for two more days after going pain free then drop back to a maintenance dose 5,000 IU/day higher than normal. Double the magnesium split am/pm and double the Omega-3 fish oil as well while on the loading schedule.

This has worked like magic for me every time it happens.

I've also switched over to Bio-Tech 50,000 IU water soluble capsules.  They get into the bloodstream a lot faster than the oil based vitamin D3 softgels.  At 23 cents per 50,000 IU capsule, they're also the least expensive. Taking one of these capsules every 5 days works out to less than 5 cents a day for an average dose of 10,000 IU/day.  The Nature's Bounty 5000 Iu softgels run 12 cents a day for 10,000 IU of vitamin D3.

Here's the link:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #2608 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 1:29am

Thank you, Batch. It's ordered! I did not increase the magnesium or the fish oil so I'll give it a shot. Does D3 stay in one's system long enough to go 5 days between dosing? I also did not go back to a full dosing level so that might help too.
   Thanks again,  Sean

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2609 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 8:34am

Sean,

The short answer is yes...  The following graphic from a study done by Dr. Robert Heaney and several other vitamin D3 experts illustrates the time course serum concentrations of vitamin D3 and 25(OH)D3 after a single oral dose of 100,000 IU vitamin D3

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The vitamin D3 concentrations are expressed in nmol/L so 50,000 IU of vitamin D3 should peak out around 250 nmol/L and drop to 50 nmol/L by day five.  There's an increase in serum 25(OH)D at the same time so the total of vitamin D3 and 25(OH)D3 should still provide a therapeutic effect on CH at day five. 

This also assumes you've been CH pain free for at least a week or longer before trying this method of vitamin D3 dosing.

I'm still battling an allergic reaction so I'm staying CH pain free after a 50,000 IU dose of vitamin D3 for at least 72 hours (an average daily dose of 16,700 IU over the three days).  After that I can feel the CH beast prowling.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

yesdog27
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Reply #2610 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 11:43am

This is the second time I’ve tried D3, never with any success. This is my first cycle in 5 years. I’ve managed to keep it at bay with a prophylactic verapamil regimen every spring. I’m getting hit every morning and evening at a minimum with some really bad ones. Luckily I had an old stash of sumatriptan I held on to that has been a life saver. I tried busting this time also for the first time with no success at all.

I’ll try doubling the magnesium and fish oil as well to see what happens.

The only difference in lifestyle I can think of is higher than normal work stress, which is what I think triggered my last cycle 5 years ago also.

IP Logged

Sean McE
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Seattle, Wa
Reply #2611 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 10:21pm

Yesdog, Yeah, stress is never good in so many ways. I've tried the D3 regimen the last 4 or 5 cycles with limited success till this time when (for awhile) I went totally PF but this is also the the first time I loaded 600,000 units of D3 in 12 days which I think made the difference. Following Batch's directions to the letter may be the key. It has never worked overnight for me, each time even with limited success it's taken awhile but 50,000 a day for 12 days was the quickest I ever had a positive response..about a week. Give it a good try, you've got nothing to lose! I sure hope you've got oxygen cause without sumatriptan injections it's the last line of defense against a bad hit.   Sean

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2612 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:17pm

Following Batch’s directions to the letter IS the key. Take it from a Chronic who knows.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

TheAndyT
CH.com Junior

Love is our resistance...

North Hollywood, California
Reply #2613 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 8:58pm

Hello all! Batch!  I have a question...does anyone have a chart with the loading doses for the D3 regimen and also the daily maintenance doses after loading?

Life's roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2614 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 11:18pm

Hey Andy,

Good question.  The standard loading dose is based on survey data for the average baseline 25(OH)D serum concentration of 23 ng/mL (57.5 nmol/L) before starting the anti-inflammatory regimen.  The following two charts illustrate the normal distribution of 25(OH)D lab results taken before start of regimen and after 30 days from start of regimen including the loading schedule.

The average 25(OH)D response to a total loading dose of 600,000 IU of vitamin D3 is 60 ng/mL (150 nmol/L) on top of the baseline serum concentration.  This figure has been proven by several studies of a single oral loading dose of 600,000 IU of vitamin D3.

Accordingly, that totals per the following... 23 + 60 = 83 ng/mL (207.5 nmol/L), which is also the target serum concentration for a therapeutic response to vitamin D3, i.e., a CH pain free response per the chart above.

Over the last few years, this standard loading dose of 600,000 IU of vitamin D3 spread over 12 days at 50,000 IU/day has worked effectively for most CHers.   It also turns out that over time (1 to 3 months) a vitamin D3 dose of 10,000 IU/day results in a stable 25(OH)D serum concentration around 80 ng/mL (200 nmol/L)...  The online survey data confirms this figure.

So... for the CHer new to this regimen, see your PCP/GP for a blood draw for the 25(OH)D lab test then start this regimen with the accelerated vitamin D3 loading dose of 50,000 IU/day for 12 days then drop back to the initial maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day.

Assuming a pain free response or at least a significant reduction in the frequency, severity and duration of CH, the CHer will stay at this maintenance dose for 30 days the go back to his or her PCP/GP for lab tests for serum 25(OH)D, calcium and PTH (Parathyroid Hormone).  As long as serum calcium remains within its normal reference range and PTH is in the lower third of its normal reference range, you're good to go at the present maintenance dose and the actual 25(OH)D serum concentration doesn't really matter except as a reference value for a favorable/pain free response.

The answer to why start this regimen with a 12-Day loading schedule is illustrated in the following graphic.

As you can see, it can take 3 to 4 months for the time course 25(OH)D serum response to a dose of 10,000 IU/day to reach a stable 25(OH)D serum concentration of 80 ng/mL where most of us experience a favorable response to this regimen.  As all of us want a pain free response as fast as possible, you can also see that the 12-Day loading schedule elevates serum 25(OH)D to 80 ng/mL in 12 days taking 50,000 IU/day (Total loading dose of 600,000 IU of vitamin D3).

The initial loading schedules were based on spreading the 600,000 IU of vitamin D3 over 2 weeks and 4 weeks.  I did this to give our bodies time to respond to these doses by generating the capacity to produce the needed enzymes to hydroxylate vitamin D3 all the way to 1,25(OH)2D3, the genetically active metabolite we need for genetic expression and the down-regulation of CGRP. Both worked very well but took longer than the 12-Day loading schedule... which is equally effective in achieving a CH pain free response. So there's the reason why we need to do the 12-Day vitamin D3 loading schedule.

The above discussion assumes an average response to dose...  As you can see that response has a wide variation.  This is why some CHers will need to stay on the loading schedule a day or more longer and adjust their maintenance dose upward to 15,000 IU/day.

We've also found that allergic reactions play heck with this regimen's capacity to prevent CH.  Accordingly if one is present or suspected, we need a week to 10 day course of a first-generation antihistamine like Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) and a higher vitamin D3 maintenance dose to achieve a favorable response.

Kids and adults under 115 lbs may need a lower vitamin D3 maintenance dose.  If the 25(OH)D lab test after 30 days at a stable dose of 10,000 IU/day results in a pain free response, but a 25(OH)D serum concentration above 100 ng/mL (250 nmol/L), then the following rule of thumb dosing guide may be indicated.  In this case these CHers need a vitamin D3 dose based on 50 IU of vitamin D3 per pound of body weight per day.  Doing the math, a 100 lb adult would need a vitamin D3 maintenance dose of 5,000 IU/day.

This isn't rocket science... If the CH return after lowering the vitamin D3 dose to 5,000 IU/day, bump the dose back up to 10,000 IU/day and make sure to get these lab tests annually.

Of course we need to take all the cofactors and start a healthy diet free of all sugars, wheat products and drink at least 2.5 liters of water a day to ensure that favorable response.

Hope that answers your questions...

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

TheAndyT
CH.com Junior

Love is our resistance...

North Hollywood, California
Reply #2615 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 11:37pm

Thank you that is exactly the read that I was looking for!

Life's roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors

IP Logged

kimji523
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2616 - Jul 31st, 2018 at 2:39pm

Hi,
I suffer from episodic cycles that last about 3 weeks and occur every 10-12 months.  My last one was august of 2017.  Since then, I have been religious with your regimen with 10000 IU/day.  Since May, anticipating my next cycle, I upped it to 20000 everyday.  So I have been taking 20000 IU daily for about 4 months.  Well, today, cycle returned.  So can I safely assume, sadly, that I am the smaller percentage that didn't benefit from the regimen?

One thing to note is that I have never had a blood drawing for my D3 levels.  I just sort of assumed that taking that much D3 for so long would keep the level up.  Could my levels still not be high enough while taking that much for that long of a time?

Thanks,
TK

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2617 - Jul 31st, 2018 at 5:59pm

Hey TK,

Wrong assumption.  What you're experiencing happens to most of us, me included...

You may be suffering from an allergic reaction and this plays heck with the capacity of the anti-inflammatory regimen to prevent your CH.  These allergic reactions can be subclinical, i.e., no obvious or outward symptoms like allergic rhinitis, but they can still be cooking away stopping vitamin D3 from doing its thing to prevent your CH.

An allergen insult to mast cells triggers them to degranulate/release histamine, heparin and a bunch of other neuroinflammatory agents.  The histamine in turn triggers the release of CGRP from astrocytes and neurons within the trigeminal ganglia and elsewhere throughout the body.   CGRP (Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide) is the nasty neuropeptide responsible for neurogenic inflammation and the pain we know as CH. 

It gets worse...  The CGRP in turn triggers mast cells to release even more histamine.  This circular chemical chain reaction results in what I call a CGRP cascade.  When that happens, none of the CH interventions work very well if at all.  This circular chemical chain reaction continues until one or more of the chemical reactants are consumed at which time the chain reaction ends... and so does the CH...  Unfortunately, our bodies recharge the mast cells, neurons and astrocytes in a matter of an hour or so.  At that point the CH cannon is charged, primed and ready to fire...

The solution is to take a first-generation antihistamine like Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) at 25 mg every four hours throughout the day.  First-generation antihistamines cross the blood brain barrier (BBB) to block histamine H1 receptors at the genetic layer and this lower's the expression of CGRP and allows vitamin D3 to further down-regulate its expression.  Second- and third-generation (Non-Drowsy) antihistamines cannot pass through the BBB so are less effective for CHers suffering from an allergic reaction.

Additional supplements like Turmeric (curcumin) at 1000 mg/day, 300 to 600 mg/day CoQ10 and 4 to 6 grams a day of vitamin C can also help.

Diet and hydration are also essential... No sugars, soft drinks or fruit juice.  No wheat products including bread, pasta, cereal, crackers, pizza and grain oils. 

Good fats include organic butter, olive oil, avocado oil and my favorite, extra virgin coconut oil.  Take the Turmeric with a tablespoon of coconut oil to improve absorption and efficacy.  Eat NON GMO Organic green and colored veggies, free range meats, poultry and eggs as well as a serving a week of wild caught fish.  Sockeye and Coho salmon are great this time of year. 

Avoid farmed fish, shrimp and prawns. They're fed antibiotics and GMO grains high in glyphosate (Roundup).  As glyphosate is a herbicide, it kills off the friendly colonies of bacteria and biota living in our GI tracts call the microbiome.  Better than 70% of our active immune system resides in and around the microbiome... if it's healthy. 

Taking a good probiotic can help rebuild the microbiome with more of the friendly colonies.  Another reason to avoid sugars and wheat starches is they cause the not so friendly yeast colonies in the microbiome to bloom out of control making yeast, candida and thrush infections more common.  They also act as a CH trigger that keeps on giving...  A tablespoon of coconut oil at bedtime, eating a serving of grapefruit a day along with a couple lemons can help. A good probiotic called TotalFlora15 can also help if you suspect one of these fungal infections.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2018 at 11:27pm by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

nik
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2618 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:27pm

Hi all,
I suffer from CH for about 8 years, used to appear on season changes, but in the past year it don't leave me (now i am taking steroids and the pain appear at night, 1 or 2 time, don't know what will happen when i'll sop with the steroids).

I really want to try "Anti-Inflammatory Vitamin D3 Regimen"
what I kinda got lost here(105 pages..).

Can someone please post a list of vitamins that i need to take, and how much for day?
* it will really help if you'll post a list with links to products in iherb website.
** how long should I take the all vitamins ?

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:56pm by nik »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2619 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:53pm

Nik,

Welcome.

The link below will give you all  the information you need. Details of the Vitamins and dosages are set out in the attachment.

Any questions, let us know.

Best,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

nik
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2620 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:05pm

Thanks Peter, i will try to assemble a list from iHerb and list it here to see if it's ok (just to be sure that I will take the right ones)
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:06pm by nik »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2621 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 8:11am

Hey Nik,

The following photo illustrates the basic anti-inflammatory regimen supplements by brand and daily maintenance doses I take that have kept me CH pain free.  You can also download the anti-inflammatory regimen treatment protocol at the following link:

I switched to the Bio-Tech D3-50 50,000 IU (1,250 mcg) water soluble form of vitamin D3 eight months ago after finding it to be faster acting with a higher bioequivalence in elevating serum 25(OH)D3 than the same dose of the oil-based liquid softgel vitamin D3 formulations.  I've taken the rest of these supplements for the last 8 years.

You can buy all of these supplements from amazon.com and if you live outside the US, from iherb.com.

It's important to see your PCP/GP to discuss this regimen and to obtain lab tests of your serum 25(OH)D3, calcium and PTH (parathyroid hormone) prior to starting the anti-inflammatory regimen.  The values of these lab tests will serve as a baseline for a second set of these same labs 30 days after starting this regimen.  The 25(OH)D serum concentration will also help determine the total vitamin D3 loading dose needed to start this regimen.

For example, the mean baseline 25(OH)D3 serum concentration before start of regimen from the online survey of 313 CHers taking this regimen to prevent their CH is illustrated in the following normal distribution chart.

As you can see, the mean 25(OH)D3 serum concentration is 24.4 ng/mL.  The following chart illustrates survey data for 25(OH)D3 lab results taken ≥ 30 days after start of regimen.

The mean 25(OH)D3 serum concentration among the 257 CHers (82.1%) who experienced a favorable response to this regimen is 80 ng/mL.  We've found that a total vitamin D3 loading dose of 600,000 IU of vitamin D3 (15,000 mcg) results in a gain of 60 ng/mL 25(OH)D3 on top of the baseline 25(OH)D.  That works out to a vitamin D3 loading schedule of 50,000 IU/day (1,250 mcg/day) for 12 days.  We call this the 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule. The following chart illustrates the benefit of a loading schedule like this as opposed to just taking 10,000 IU/day (250 mcg/day) vitamin D3.

Several studies have shown the average time course 25(OH)D3 serum concentration response at a dose of 10,000 IU/day (250 mcg/day) could take upwards of two months to reach the therapeutic response range for 25(OH)D3 around 80 ng/mL where most CHers experience a significant reduction in the frequency of their CH or a complete cessation of CH symptoms.

What's important to note here is if there's been no significant reduction in the frequency of CH by the end of the 12-Day accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule, an additional 4 to 6 days at a loading dose of 50,000 IU/day (1,250 mcg/day) of vitamin D3 may be needed.  At the completion of the accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule, drop back to an initial maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day (250 mcg/day) vitamin D3.

Again, it's important to see your PCP/GP for a second set of labs for your serum 25(OH)D3, calcium and PTH 30 days after start of regimen.  As long as serum calcium remains within its normal reference range, the actual 25(OH)D3 serum concentration doesn't really matter.  If serum calcium remains within its normal reference range there's no hypercalcemia, a.k.a., vitamin D3 intoxication/toxicity.  It's normal for the PTH serum concentration to drop to a low normal range as this is part of calcium homeostasis.

Following the above should get you started on the road to CH pain free living.

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

nik
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2622 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 9:57am

Thanks Batch! this is helping, alot..
you wrote that after 2 months, I should be pain free..
this is the time that I should wait, or it can happen before?

IP Logged

nik
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2623 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 11:21am

1. D3-50 - iherb.com/pr/Bio-Tech-Pharmacal-Inc-D3-50-Cholecalciferol-100-Capsules/55186
2. Magnesium 400 mg - iherb.com/pr/Nature-Made-High-Potency-Magnesium-400-mg-60-Softgels/76915
3. Fish Oil 1200mg - iherb.com/pr/Nature-Made-Fish-Oil-1200-mg-100-Softgels/40399
4. **(i can't find it on iHerb..) Mature Multi(i can see 400 capsules)
5. **(i can't find it on iHerb..) super K (cant really see)

in the image that you have posted, i can see 5 bottles (2 of them i cant find in the source post.. ,
but in the source post i can see 9 bottles (the post that descibe the method, have an image update Jan 2017, cant post links cause i didn't reah 10 posts yet),
what about the other 5
1. Calsium
2. Vitamin A (Retinol)
3. Vitamin B 50
4. Zinic
5. Boron

Also, what is number 4, in you list (Mature Multi- can you please help me find it on iHerb?)?
what is number 5, in you list (super K- can you please help me find it on iHerb?)?

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2019 at 11:35am by nik »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2624 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 9:19pm

Nik,

Sorry about the old photos.  I'm taking new photos of the latest basic regimen. 

You can order the Kirkland brand Adult 50+ Mature Multi and LifeExtension Super K with advanced K2 complex from amazon.com.  If you're here in the US, you can also buy the Kirkland Mature Multi at Costco.

The following links at amazon.com and iherb.com should work just fine.

If you can't get the Kirkland 50+ Mature Multi from amazon you can order a comparable product from iherb.com at the following link:

21st Century, Sentry Senior, Multivitamin & Multimineral Supplement, Adults 50+, 265 Tablets

Order 4 of the 90 capsule bottles for a year's supply.

Hope this helps. Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!