Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Bride Nightmare (Read 5453 times)
K Johnston Bride
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New Bride Nightmare
Jan 10th, 2011 at 6:59pm

Ok, some have asked for me to become part of the supporter group so here I am. My new husband of 11 days Karl suffers from cronic CH. After four days of marriage Karl had a bad attack and then turned into chest pains. Ambulance ride, overnight in the ER, leaving with NO reasons of why.  CryThis is not a night I want to see again. Has anyone else experienced this type of thing?
Glad to be a part.

IP Logged

monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
Re: New Bride Nightmare
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 7:22pm

hi this is monster and my bride and awsome supporter is now a part of this family i hold so dear to my heart.
i think the er trip and chest pain were trex induced , of course the ambulance heard chest pain and slapped on nitroglycerin paste and we all can guess what that did to my head Cheesy

"God whispers in your soul and speaks to your mind.
Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you.  It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick."

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 7:29pm

Nitro is a bad no-no.   Jeeze, when will physicians learn.

Welcome to the site,  Karls wife.   Start reading.  LOL

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 7:33pm

Am assuming that Monster and K Johnston Bride husband and wife? (Want to make sure I'm not mixing up the couples!)

I'm sure you've mentioned on other threads what meds you have taken but maybe would help to lay it all out on this thread too.

Sounds like a scary night indeed. Sucks that the best decided to show up for the honeymoon.

Methods to abort besides Imitrex - Oxygen at high flow rates, perhaps combined with some caffeine or energy drinks (if you can tolerate them).

Hang out with us KJ Wife - we will be here for you. Once we know more about what Monster has and has not tried, we can help you more.

Welcome -

Christy

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 8:04pm

Christy,

Monster is Karl Johnston, formerly known as On My Knees.  He left us for a while and came back with a wife.  I'm glad he's back and has help.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 8:05pm

i use o2 with a demand valve, trex injections, coffee energy drinks,ice packs.
preventative
verapamil sa 240 twice a day
lithium 600mg twice a day
just gave up dopeymax but may have to back on it.

i actually been around the board for several years and been two conventions. many doctors ,meds,etc etc.
but was officially diagnosed after several years by a real neuro.
some may know me as on my knees before.

Sometimes when you don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at you.  It's your choice: Listen to the whisper, or wait for the brick."

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #6 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 8:12pm

Your new wife is certainly welcome here Karl.

How about a pic of the 2 of you???????

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 8:14pm

K Johnston's Bride, welcome!   Smiley  I'm so glad you are here, and congratulations on your marriage to my good friend!  I told him to offer my condolences congratulations, but don't know if he did, so now that you are here I can do it myself!  You married into a much bigger family of in-laws than you had any idea!

I know you will have some times come up that are scary and hard to handle.  You've already experienced one of them.  There will be times you will probably wonder why you ever got involved, but as a chronic sufferer myself may I say thank you for stepping in to Karl's life  having a supporter that will love him and be behind him through all of the struggles a clusterhead faces will make much more of a difference than you can possibly understand.  When the times get rough, and they will, we are here to help you as well as him.  When the times are great, and they will be, we are also here to help you celebrate if you care to share them.

I do hope you and Karl will make it to convention in the summer.  I'd love to meet you in person, and it would be great to see Karl also.  (You don't HAVE to bring him along though if you don't want to  Grin )

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 1:04am

Hello, again, Kelley.   Smiley

Good to see you here.  Also glad to hear that Karl is basically okay.  Nasty experience with the nitroglycerin.  I'm with Linda--when will doctors learn?  Nitro is an inevitable trigger for us.

All the best, and welcome.

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Lauren17
CH.com Sponsor

Texas
Reply #9 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:52am

Welcome! So sorry you had the "in sickness and in health" vow dusted off so quickly after taking it. Really gives a whole new understanding to it, doesn't it?

I am a supporter too, as are many here. Knowledge is power, there is no need to feel hopeless or helpless anymore. You CAN help you husband with this condition and through individual hits. Ask any questions you have, we're here to help both of ya!

Congratulations on getting married- hands down it was the decision that has made me happiest in my life!

Never, never, never give up.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #10 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 9:11am

K Johnston Bride wrote on Jan 10th, 2011 at 6:59pm:
Ok, some have asked for me to become part of the supporter group so here I am. My new husband of 11 days Karl suffers from cronic CH. After four days of marriage Karl had a bad attack and then turned into chest pains. Ambulance ride, overnight in the ER, leaving with NO reasons of why.  CryThis is not a night I want to see again. Has anyone else experienced this type of thing?
Glad to be a part.

Welcome to the forums.

I've had a very similar experience of a triptan (maxalt) giving me heart palpitations resulting in an ambulace ride, overnight stay, etc. It was quite an experience for myself and my partner. I too was given nitro and yes it made my head complain too, even as I explained why.

So I no longer use anything but oxygen to abort CHs.

IP Logged

K Johnston Bride
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #11 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 11:33am

[color=#9900cc][/color] Thank you all for your responses it's nice to be a part of such a positive group. My monster means the world to me and I will do anything I can to help him.
Ok, trying to attach a picture but it hasn't been working, so will see if this way works.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #12 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 5:57pm

Good pic!  Thanks.

Jerry

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
Reply #13 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 8:35am

she is easy on the eye's or eye during a hit, but for clarity she is the pretty one and i well not so much. brew,calico,linda and oh so many others will attest too.  Smiley bride
Smiley monster

IP Logged

Samiam
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Philadelphia PA
Reply #14 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 9:09am

Yes this has happen to me a couple of times with a heart rate of almost 200.  The poor doctor wanted me to open my mouth so he could spray nitro under my tongue and I refused.  He wasn't very happy and I told him if he did it I would make sure his life was a living hell.

This has not happen during a cycle.  They first said I had a Heart attack by it was a flip T wave.  Have you seen his EKG?  Get a copy of it and carry it with you.  This way if it happens again they have something to compare it to.

I believe it has something to do with the stimulation of the para sympathetic, sympathetic nervous system. 

Did he have any other symptoms?  Like bowel stimulation? (no nice way of asking...LOL)  sweating, pressure on the chest?

Congrat on the wedding.  It's great to see someone that cares enough to come on here to help a loved one.

Sami

"A smart man learns from his mistakes......A wise man learns from the mistakes of others"

IP Logged

monster
CH.com Alumnus

I feel like a monster

Boise,Idaho
Reply #15 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 9:40pm

He had shortness of breath and he said it felt like an elephant was sitting on his chest. They did give him nitro in the ambulance when he told them NO. They even taped a nitro paste to his chest without him knowing. He did have leakage but thankfully no bowel stimulation. They are doing all kinds of tests on him because the tests come back negative, but he is still having chest pains daily just when he is sitting in his chair. I just want clarification that he is ok. I have only been married a couple of weeks and I want at least a couple of decades. He is too special for anything else to happen to him. It's bad enough you all have to put up with the clusters. I pray they find some kind of relief for all of you.
God Bless ,
KJohnstonBride

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!