Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yorkshire! England? UK?? (Read 3212 times)
Andy T
CH.com Junior

If its not Brok, Dunt
try fix it!

Yorkshire, England
Yorkshire! England? UK??
Mar 9th, 2011 at 9:07am

I just read through the UK question. I felt lonely before, but worse now!
Is there no one out there from Gods Own County, or even nearby.
Surely it can't be the case that you're all foreign (i.e. Not from Yorkshire).
Only kidding, I was glad to see so many of you on board, from the UK, helping each other out.
I noted the positive comments about UCL and have had a recent good experience at Pinderfields. I wondered what the wider UK, picture was like, having read some previous negative reports about our NHS, here on the site (and elsewhere).
I'd be really interested in your reports, good or bad. As we may not all be able to get to UCL (I've heard its very popular, meaning waiting lists) so I figure it helpful, to us all, if we know where our nearest decent consultant is.
The other question was, is there ever any sort of convention, or similar, here in the UK? It looks like there are more than enough of us sufferers to fill the Albert Hall!

May your heads be clear

Andrew

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Yorkshire! England? UK??
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 12:18pm

You're not the only one from Yorkshire, however I now live a good distance away (not sure I could get much further away, although that is zero reflection on Yorkshire itself).

IP Logged

37-41withrestrictions
CH.com Veteran

NOT SO PF AT THE MOMENT

Chester UK
Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 2:06pm

Hi Andy
I am a Chester lass and there are 2 other sufferers in this area.
I have had a frustrating time with our beloved NHS,
I know the NHS has the ethos of trying a number of treatments, proving they are inefficient then moving to the next line.
I appreciate that trialing treatments takes time to get either a positive or negative result but when it means you have to climb the walls, poke your eye out, bang your head and scream like some insane person it doesn't sit well!!! Patience never was my strong point!!!

I made a huge mistake of not researching the condition...accepted the information given by the hospital (one side of A4) I have put this right now and have crammed my brain with as much info as it can retain   Smiley

If you see something you want.. reach out and grab it with both hands.....just watch out you dont get a smack in the chops for grabbing the wrong thing!!!
suzieq6343  
IP Logged

mrs mac
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|tobermory|Scotland||0|0|
Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 12:44pm

hey guys ther is a meet and greet planned in Liverpool on the 15 May, have posted about this so please see that post for details on how to attend!!!

if you have never been to a meet and greet before, it is a great day and we have really good speakers there!!!

I don't think Liverpool is too far away from either of you

sandra xx

IP Logged

37-41withrestrictions
CH.com Veteran

NOT SO PF AT THE MOMENT

Chester UK
Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 3:11pm

Liverpool...£3 on the train!!!

I saw the details on OUCH will do my best to get there

If you see something you want.. reach out and grab it with both hands.....just watch out you dont get a smack in the chops for grabbing the wrong thing!!!
suzieq6343  
IP Logged

mrs mac
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|tobermory|Scotland||0|0|
Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 3:21pm

cool can you register for it if you are going, so we can have an idea of numbers!!

Cheers hope to see you there

Sandra xxx

IP Logged

37-41withrestrictions
CH.com Veteran

NOT SO PF AT THE MOMENT

Chester UK
Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 8:08am

Look into it tonight Sandra

suzieq6343  
IP Logged

debbi.T
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

kingston, surrey, UK
Reply #7 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 2:59pm

Hi im from UK, Surrey. Havent been a sufferer long but would like to meet others who are so can share stories aand diff pain relief. could you give me more details on the CH meeting in liverpool please.

cheers

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #8 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 3:53pm

debbi.T wrote on Apr 30th, 2011 at 2:59pm:
could you give me more details on the CH meeting in liverpool please.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!