Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
anyone in or near London Ontario (Read 4112 times)
ClusterHeadacheSurvivor
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|London|Canada||0|0|ON,Ontario
anyone in or near London Ontario
Apr 9th, 2011 at 7:27am

Anyone in or near London Ontario?

IP Logged

Davey Jay
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: anyone in or near London Ontario
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 5:08pm

Yes I live in London. I am new to this forum.
Davey Jay

IP Logged

ClusterHeadacheSurvivor
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 7:57pm

PM me....like to meet for coffee. Timmies does an Eye atack good!

IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Surf's Up!

Weaverville NC
Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 7:58am

Sure do miss Timmies!  I lived in Woodstock for a good long time, and am originally from Wallaceburg area;  If I get back home anytime soon, I'll have to make sure I post and maybe we can get a few folks together for a nice big meet n greet Smiley

If you guys know of any good CH docs in the region, can you please let us know?  My son has inherited the condition and is going to go to school back home if he doesn't get the career field choice he wants from the military over the next year - and I'd love to find the names of some good CH docs Smiley

Cat

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough

Who is John Galt?
catlind catlind68 or kadiya68 660506913 kadiya68 kadiya68  
IP Logged

ClusterHeadacheSurvivor
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 1:21pm

trade you residences! I loved NC last time I was in Mooresville. At Dale Jrs house.
How did you end up in the states
One last major question...
I have never ever heard of it being heriditary....scares crap out of me thinking i could pass it down to my son. If memory serves me right my neauroloist said it was like a 3 million to 1 chance it could be passed down???
My neaurologist is Dr Paul Cooper- minimum 1 yr waiting list if not longer for initial appointment.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2011 at 2:56pm

ClusterHeadacheSurvivor wrote on Apr 11th, 2011 at 1:21pm:
I have never ever heard of it being heriditary....scares crap out of me thinking i could pass it down to my son. If memory serves me right my neauroloist said it was like a 3 million to 1 chance it could be passed down???

There is a slightly increased chance of a child of someone with CH getting CH.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Headache. 1994 Jul-Aug;34(7):400-7.
Inheritance of cluster headache and its possible link to migraine.

Kudrow L, Kudrow DB.

California Medical Clinic For Headache, Encino 91436.
Abstract

Quote:
We evaluated the possibility that cluster headache may be a transmitted disorder, influenced by migraine genetics. In the first part of a two part study, 24 female cluster headache probands having at least one first degree relative with cluster headache were evaluated for familial histories of cluster and migraine headache. Headache histories of most parents, siblings and children were satisfactorily documented by either direct interview or by information provided by knowledgeable relatives. In approximately a third of relatives, the headache history could not be properly ascertained. The second part of the study evaluated occurrence rates of cluster and migraine headaches among first degree relatives of 200 female and 100 male cluster headache patients, and the proportion of affected relatives. These data were compared to those of 200 women and 100 men with migraine headache; family history data were, for the most part, provided by headache patients. Twenty-four of two hundred cluster headache women (12%) had at least one first degree relative with cluster headache. Three generations of cluster headache were found in 7/24 kindreds (29.17%). Parental cluster headache was found in 19 of the 24 probands (79.17%); in 14/19 (73.68%), transmission was from father to proband. fifty percent of cluster probands also had migraine headaches, and almost 50% had a family history of migraine. Similarly, of the larger population of 300 cluster patients, approximately 45% had a positive family history of migraine. f 1652 relatives of all cluster patients, 3.45% had cluster headache (thirteen times the expected frequency of cluster headache in the general population) and 17.55% had migraine headaches

IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Surf's Up!

Weaverville NC
Reply #6 - May 4th, 2011 at 11:14pm

Took me awhile to finally find the newest edition of the IHCD 2 but here is the info:

Quote:
Comment:

Acute attacks involve activation of the posterior hypothalamic grey matter. Cluster headache may be inherited (autosomal dominant) in about 5% of cases. Attacks usually occur in series (cluster periods) lasting for weeks or months separated by remission periods usually lasting months or years. However, about 10-15% of patients have chronic symptoms without remissions.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I definitely love the mountains of NC, and only being a few hours drive to the ocean.  Unfortunately, the mountains of NC haven't taken a liking to me, and my driving experience in the flats of southwestern Ontario proved utterly useless on very tiny, windy, narrow mountain roads with NO shoulders - you go over the white line at the edge of the road, and you are either going into the side of a mountain, or driving off the side of one LOL.

I ended up in the states by marrying into the US Air Force Smiley  It's been an adventure to say the least - especially the part where I had to tell my father - who served in the Canadian Navy LOL.

If you ever make it back down here, we'll have to have a get together - we've got a huge yard, nearly 2 acres, with a pond, bonfire pit and a tree encircled picnic copse.  Oh, and of course some amazing views from the mountain Smiley

Cat

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough

Who is John Galt?
catlind catlind68 or kadiya68 660506913 kadiya68 kadiya68  
IP Logged

cherylc
CH.com Junior

x1|Simcoe|Ontario, Canada
Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 8:55am

Hi.  I am from Simcoe, Ontario (about an hour from London) and would like to meet anyone from this site.    Just started another cycle of CH and it would be nice to meet in person.

IP Logged

Martin
CH.com Veteran

Ready for anything this
world can dish!

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #8 - Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:40pm

In ottawa... not close but not far.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!