Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I found my trigger ! Tramadol! (Read 1013 times)
Granny Arizona
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Hawarden, Iowa 51023
I found my trigger ! Tramadol!
Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:52am

I went off tramadol for a week and switched to a NSAID.  I had mild shadows but no waking at night and nothing during the day over a 5 KIP.  Yesterday, just on a hunch, I started back on the tramadol for shadows.  They continued to worsen through the day and I was awakened 3 times during the night with 7 to 9 KIP...  Then I started doing some reading on this board... I found a post by Flash... 1999

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I also googled "serotonin headaches" (without the quotes) and I came up with more information about the connection between the two. 

I just wanted to share this information and get in on the record in case anyone else might suspect the connection between excess serotonin and cluster headaches!  It is definitely there for me.

Linda

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: I found my trigger ! Tramadol!
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 10:19am

Your experience with tamadol is one of the reasons we advise against using pain meds for Cluster. The general rule is that using a pain med 3-5/days a week can set you up for rebound attacks. The actual  # of days and dosing is subject to much individual variation--but this is a well recognized relationship.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!