Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
10 Year Old Daughter (Read 2413 times)
brianman2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

10 Year Old Daughter
Aug 2nd, 2011 at 11:37pm

It looks like my daughter may have inherited more than just my brilliance and good looks.  She has had a few incidents that made me wonder, but tonight she displayed all of the symptoms that I'm all too familiar with. 
I've had these since I was 18 or so, episodic, I'm 45 now, and am fortunate to get relief from O2, and keep imitrex on hand for the few that get through those.
I remember the long road to a proper diagnosis that I had, and don't look forward to her having to go through the tests, and docs that don't get it.
I'm not in cycle now, and don't have oxygen on hand, but was thinking about calling my most recent neuro (who is amazing by the way) and getting some more for her to try.  I wouldn't dare give her imitrex without a doctors approval of course, but didn't know if there was any danger to letting her try oxygen should she get another one. 
Are there any dangers I should worry about?  Any different flow rate or other instructions?

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: 10 Year Old Daughter
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 9:02pm

I don't know. I've pm'd our resident oxygen guru asking him to check this post out and see if he has any useful information. Hope she doesn't have CH, always been a fear of mine with my 2 girls, now 25 and 27. On the other hand, how sweet to have a dad who has already paved the way for her. From one dad to another   Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: 10 Year Old Daughter
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 1:42am

Brainman,

I received Joe's head-zup and have sent you a PM.  Please check your PM inbox.  With any luck, this will be a no-brainer and your daughter will be doing just fine free of the beast in jig time.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!