Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
15 year old ch sufferer. (Read 3760 times)
Jordyn
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Battle Creek
15 year old ch sufferer.
Aug 14th, 2011 at 5:07pm

Hey.. I'm a fifteen year old girl, about to go into my junior year of high school, and I've had migranes and cluster headaches since I was 3. They used to be episodic, but as I've gotten older they've only gotten worse, and now they're chronic. I also play softball, and when I play I get a ch. It's really hard trying to ballance everything out when I have no idea when I'm going to get a headache. I'm getting so run down to where I don't want to do anything, and I'm getting sick of having to go to the er. Help please? /:

IP Logged

NotH20
CH.com Hall of Famer

x0|Atlanta||usa|421|220|GA,Georgia
Re: 15 year old ch sufferer.
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 10:44am

Hi Jordyn,

I was 15 when I started getting CH's...it's no fun.  High school is difficult enough, but throw this in and it's just even worse.  Just be prepared with abortives all the time.

My only advice is to live like nothing other when you are pain free - deal with the CH an then move on.  Life is too short and you've got an entire lifetime ahead of you.

Mia

NotH20  
IP Logged

Jordyn
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Battle Creek
Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 11:00pm

Thanks for the great advice, will do  Smiley

IP Logged

Cadz
CH.com Newbie

There's Glitter on the
Floor!

Canberra, Australia
Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:55pm

Hey Jordyn,

I've suffered from CHs since I was 10. Going through High School with the pain was very annoying, especially since I wasn't diagnosed at the time. I spent most of my time in and out of doctor's offices to find out what was wrong.

Just keep smiling, stay strong, and enjoy high school as much as you can! The best thing to do is if you enjoy playing softball, keep doing it. Don't let CH win, and take away something you love! You are strong, and can lead a great life, even with CH.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!