Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Litium??? (Read 1552 times)
Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
Litium???
Aug 19th, 2011 at 10:58am

Hey folks. I am fighting  what seems to be a no win battle with the beast right now. My O2 is only working speratically(HA comes back in less than 1 hour). The energy drinks work OK but I don't always want to be wide awake at 3 in the morning when have to get up at 6.
Anyway, I'm on the way to my doc and want to know what is the highest amount of lithium that most of you has taken(I'm prescribed 1200 daily). And what else would be good to take with it besides verap. Strangely I have found that I get hit almost immediately after taking the verap. Thankyou.

Pfunk

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Litium???
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 1:46pm

Doc will likely start you at a low-ish dose, increasing after doing blood work at each step.

Even when the final dose has been established, be sure you understand the frequency for doing blood test. This is the way of checking that the therapeutic blood level  is both reached and not too high.

It's your body's response which set the max level, not a general dose common to all/most users.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 3:01pm

I started at 900 many many years ago, it would block up to 90% of my attacks. Several years ago I had to kick it up to 1200 as it was becoming less effective. (All done with my neuro's oversight and blood draws). At 1200 it still blocks 60-70% of my attacks.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2011 at 8:31pm

Just came back from doc yesterday. He bumped the lithum up to 1800 and put me on 100mg og topamax as the verapamil made the the beast amp up worse for me as of late.
Got to the off ice kind of late so I will be having the testosterone level test next time. And I am officially on leave of abscence for the 2nd time in my life which really pisses me off. But, at other times in my life, I always worked for myself  or family so I was free to take oof when I needed so I shouldn't be so pissed, huh?

Pfunk Cool

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 12:06pm

Pfunk wrote on Aug 20th, 2011 at 8:31pm:
Just came back from doc yesterday. He bumped the lithum up to 1800 and put me on 100mg og topamax as the verapamil made the the beast amp up worse for me as of late.

Pfunk Cool

I have been on the combo of lithium and verap for years (only combo that ever helped me)...one without the other was worthless "for me"...please keep an eye on your blood work (for the lithium) for myself,i was taken off it (3-4 or 5 separate times...my mind is so fu..ed up ) weather it's from old age or med's  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy...and some  time's i was only taking 600...we are all differant and hope you have no problems at all and wishing you many PFDAN coming your way.....Lenny

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!