Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Therapy works for me. (Pine needle tea) (Read 3338 times)
Chang E
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Therapy works for me. (Pine needle tea)
Aug 21st, 2011 at 9:37am

Hi.

This is my first post.

I'm a 41 male living in Seoul, South Korea.  Diagnosed as cluster headache in 2006.

Since 2006, I've met the devil every one or two years.  The symptom last about a month.  And the attack comes almost everyday in that period.  ( one attack a day )

And this is the month I'm suffering.  It was 2 years ago last time I met the attack.

What I wanted to tell you is the treatment I'm using.

It's an alternative medicine.  "Pine needle (leaf) tea"

This tea ease the pain quite much.

I've found this tea by accident in an eastern tea cafe.  It was quite some hours later after the daily attack have been hit me and gone.  The shallow blurry aftershock left on my head just flew away when I drank this tea.

So I bought pine needle extract on local department store.

Then I drank this with warm water when the attack came.  It worked.  It eased the pain.  I don't know how it works.  But it just works.   At least for me.

I couldn't find anything related "cluster headache" + "pine needle tea" on google.

But I found "Pine needle tea helps easing headache in general" in the google.co.kr search

I'm not sure it would work for anyone else.  All I can say is try this one If you are looking for an alternative treatment or some eastern way.

I Hope this helps anyone.

- Chang

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Re: Therapy works for me. (Pine needle tea)
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 10:18am

Hi Chang and Welcome!

I did some hunting on my own with regards to the Pine needle Tea you mentioned.  One thing that stood out to me is the HIGH content of Vitamin C, which was surprising.

In my internet travels I found the following:
Quote:
What's so special about pine needles and water?

lemonFirst, the amount of vitamin C is reported to be five times the amount found in a lemon, which is 83.2 mg, according to NutritionData web site.[1] That means a cup of pine needles would yield more than 400 mg per cup of brew. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and an immune system booster. It also improves cardiovascular system functions, improves skin and eye health, which alone accounts for many of the positive results from using the tea, such as a cure for scurvy.

Second, pine needle tea is high in fat-soluble vitamin A, an antioxidant beta-carotene, which is needed for healthy vision (especially in low light situations), skin and hair regeneration, and red blood cell production! The vitamin A explains a few more of the nutrition and health claims, but certainly not all of them. There is more to the tea than just vitamins A and C. There are many components to consider with swallowing a cup of pine needle broth!

Scientists are exploring the health and nutrition claims for pine tree foods that have been consumed for hundreds of years, such as the needles, bark, nuts (seeds), pollen, and resin (sap). So far, they have found enough information to back up the medicinal claims with the potential for more uses. The following list is only a sampling of the research being examined.

Documents contained by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, section PubMed.gov., pertaining to pine needle extract, or tea, and the research being done:

Chemical composition of essential oils from needles and twigs of balkan pine (Pinus peuce grisebach) grown in Northern Greece. An investigation finds many components in the oil extracted from twigs and needles.

Comparison of methods for proanthocyanidin extraction from pine (densiflora) needles and biological activities of the extract.  Proanthocyanidins are flavonoids with fantastic properties: antioxidant, antidepressant, antibacterial, antiviral, antitumor, anti-inflammatory, immune system-boosting, cardiovascular-protecting, triglyceride-reducing, and more. This report may confirm all the claims that pine needle tea can help ease, if not cure, most anything.

Flavor compounds of pine sprout tea and pine needle tea. A report found 55 flavor compounds in pine sprout tea, and 29 flavor compounds in pine needle tea.

Plasma triglyceride-decreasing components of pine needles. Components extracted from pine needles using a vinegar solution are believed to reduce triglycerides.

Effect of new polyprenol drug ropren on anxiety-depressive-like behavior in rats with experimental Alzheimer disease. An extract from spruce and pine needles has potential as a treatment for depression, anxiety, and dementia.

Efficacy of anise oil, dwarf-pine oil, and chamomile oil against thymidine-kinase-positive and thymidine-kinase-negative herpesviruses. The three essential oils listed were highly effective against herpesviruses!

Antioxidant, antimutagenic, and antitumor effects of pine needles (Pinus desiflora) This study found that pine needle extract could potentially be used for cancer prevention!

Documents contained by J-Stage (Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic)

Effects of Pine Needle Extract on Differentiation of 3T3-L1 Preadipocytes and Obesity in High-Fat Diet Fed Rats. Pine needle extract could help control obesity.

Article from the Kennebec Journal: Maine Today Media

White pine needles help fight disease. A batch of pine needle tea yields shikimic acid which is the basis for "Tamiflu," one of the drugs recommended by the CDC to fight the flu.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 10:53am

Gotta be good for ya.........tastes like shit.

Potter

IP Logged

Chang E
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 11:50am

Potter wrote on Aug 21st, 2011 at 10:53am:
Gotta be good for ya.........tastes like shit.

Actually, it tastes like chewing a piece of tree trunk.   Grin

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 12:04pm

Have you explored the other options?  My dog pees on trees.

Potter

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 2:18pm

Potter wrote on Aug 21st, 2011 at 12:04pm:
Have you explored the other options?  My dog pees on trees.

Potter

Grin Grin Grin  Gotta Love ya Potter! 
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2011 at 2:19pm by JustNotRight »  

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!