Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How many red bulls in a day? (Read 5964 times)
slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
How many red bulls in a day?
Sep 11th, 2011 at 1:59am

What's the most number of cans you've downed in a day?

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: How many red bulls in a day?
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 6:25am

Very rarely two, with just one being a lot more common.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 10:04am

No more than two - especially if you're taking verapamil. Can throw the ol' ticker for a loop.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 1:14pm

Ran out of O2 and ended up drinking 6 yesterday.  Not on Verapamil though.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 1:29pm

6 is a lot. Did you get a benefit from each one?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 1:39pm

Yea, aborted each time.

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 10:11pm

I have also done that, when I had to pick up & deliver family members from out of town to & from a wedding. However, I wouldn't do it routinely.

Have you tried Monster Nitro. They work pretty good too.

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 10:13pm

Yea, it's something I definitely won't do routinely but it was a necessity with the hits coming hard and the O2 gone.  I've tried Monster along with a bunch of other Taurine drinks but sugar-free Red Bull is still my favorite.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #8 - Sep 11th, 2011 at 11:45pm

Obviously the different size cans should be considered when asking daily quantity. 

Over the past few weeks of this light cycle, I average two to three 8 oz RedBull cans daily, average 3 attacks daily.

If required, I would certainly consume as many as it takes.

I'm currently in very light cycle in terms of frequency and intensity, and praying it stays that way til it ends. 

My typical cycle consists of 8x day attacks for 10 weeks.

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

buhrly1
CH.com Newbie

I Love Rockstars and CH.com!

Hawaii
Reply #9 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 5:37am

Have gone up to four 16oz cans in a day. Didn't feel like i should be operating any machinery and would not want to do on a regular bases. Pretty consistent at 2.
buhrly

What is the veripamil issue?
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2011 at 5:39am by buhrly1 »  

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #10 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 6:23am

buhrly1 wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 5:37am:
What is the veripamil issue?

The taurine in Red Bull acts as a calcium channel antagonist, just like verapamil does, so the effect is cummulative.

IP Logged

buhrly1
CH.com Newbie

I Love Rockstars and CH.com!

Hawaii
Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 7:33am

Good to know Mike. I will keep an eye on this. The not so joys of taking handfuls of meds   Sad

IP Logged

papagimp
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Oklahoma
Reply #12 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 11:19pm

fwiw, I average about 4 of the larger Monster energy drinks a day, some days I can double that.  Yesterday an attack got through, and again today (kinda broke lately so stopped my monster intake) but these two are the first attacks I've had in a very long time now.  no meds, no o2, just regular monster intake.  Gotten so used to em I can down a BFC monster and still turn over and fall asleep.  Still can't stomach the red bulls.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #13 - Oct 4th, 2011 at 8:40am

I have found they work best in conjunction with O2. And I suspect your body can habituate to the taurine much the same as it does to the caffeine. You'll end up getting much less benefit as time goes by, and needing to increase your intake just to get some benefit from the drink. Maybe not, but perhaps a wise word of caution on excess. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #14 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 3:37pm

RedBull was 100% effective at the beginning of this cycle, 9 weeks ago.  I would slam one 8.4 oz can and within 3 minutes would be PF.

Then I built a tolerance as I was slamming 3 or 4 cans/daily and RedBulls were no longer effective alone.

I recently got o2 and my personal study is that RedBull alone aborts 75% of my attacks if I slam it at onset, THEN hit the oxygen at 25 lpm to 40 lpm. Wink

However, if I get to the o2 1st the oxygen doesn't completely abort my attack and I leave the o2 with a Kip1/2 and then slam a Redbull and find myself PF 90% of the time. Smiley

Back to your ? of how many cans in 1 day?....Think i'm at peak cycle getting hit EVERY THREE HOURS AROUND THE CLOCK Angry, and have drank 5 Redbull 8.4 oz cans in past 15 hours which is most i've ever drank in one day and almost everytime i've had success aborting attacks.

NOTE: I have held off on Verapamil this cycle due to KIP scale rarely exceeding a 7.

Amazing I can now slam a Redbull in middle of the night and go right back to sleep after I abort attack.  Probably because i'm so mentally and physically exhausted from being tortured by the claws of the beast in my head Cry
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2011 at 1:22am by LasVegas »  

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

b.g.
CH.com Newbie

Glad to be Here!

Reply #15 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 6:12pm

so glad I found this thread  Smiley
I have been drinking rockstars like nobody's business for a couple months now and I never really knew why.  I mean I just grabbed one in lieu of a cup of coffee one morning and it turned my world up-side down  (in a good way).  I just figured that after the ho-hum drag butt feeling I always have the morning after doing the dance was being relieved because of the massive amounts of EVERYTHING that is in these energy drinks.  I was doing some internet surfing/fact finding on mushrooms the other day and landed here.  I used to drink 4-6 rockstars a day...... I take 600mg/day verapamil too.  not anymore!!   thanks for having this thread and opening my eyes to the possible dangers.

IP Logged

Imitrex4Breakfast
CH.com Veteran

Kentuckiana
Reply #16 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 6:56pm

Since you're talking about energy drinks ... This may not be the same as Red Bull, but check out this link about a 10 year hospitalized after consuming a MONSTER energy drink. (Louisville, KY. news channel; October 11, 2011 --> Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Quote:
The American Association of Poison Control Centers said there have already been 331 cases of severe effects from the energy drinks in teens and children this year alone.

Pediatricians also warn parents if their child is on any medications that are used for ADHD or ADD, energy drinks can be extremely dangerous.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!