Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
could do with ppl getting in touch (Read 4254 times)
clarkson
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

could do with ppl getting in touch
Sep 15th, 2011 at 7:49pm

hello my name is Jamie been a ch sufferer for 3 years suffer with it quite bad im in no set pattern meaning although i do get short periods of respite usually a month or two i can have an attack at any time of day night and any time of the month i am so relieved i have found this website for the last year i felt truely alone with this as ppl often branded me an attention seeker and doctors branded me as (drug seeking behaviour) for a while i persisted with my G.P to do something but refused stating that he believed i was trying to scam drugs and he doesnt believe me i finally went for a second opinion where i later managed to recieve a doctor open minded enough to believe and through luck i had an attack right there in his surgery and due to the swelling in bloodshot eye they finally took notice lucky for me i have a great team at the royal london hospital (neurology dept) only they cant help me with ways to cope and deal with an attack as my meds only do so much to ease it any and all feedback help or jus saying hi would be greatly appreciated and of course thankyou CH.Com thanx guys and girls hope to talk to you soon X

IP Logged

scuba_lee
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

leighton buzzard
Re: could do with ppl getting in touch
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2011 at 5:09am

hi Clarkson, I have been a sufferer for over 10 years, although cycle every 2 years, i have just joined this site too. great site for research, or just Reading posts when you feel alone. what meds are you on? you mention that they only do so much, i'm on sumatripton inj. to abort which works very well but limited due to the max dose in 24 hours, i'm going to the docs tomorrow to see if he will prescribe oxygen, as this seems quite effective for most people, and does not have overdose issues!

IP Logged

clarkson
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 10:13am

hey sure me too new to the site im on verapamil and quite a high dose three times daily im also on sumatriptam 6mg and i know its strange one shot an hour later another then 24 on your own thats the biggest problem i face i am on o2 but i cant take it every where i go an i feel i have ch really bad have the headaches pretty much all year round and very regular any more i can do to help ya please let me know fella Smiley

IP Logged

Dyno
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Tenby, Wales, UK
Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 3:01am

So many questions to ask you both it would be easier if you phoned the OUCH(UK) Helpline for help and advice - number below.

You could also read the OUCH(UK) forum on this link

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

or the Home page.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Rod

OUCH(UK)
-
"THEY'RE CRUCIAL, THEY'RE UNIQUE AND THEY'RE EXPERT"

Quote;  Prof. Peter Goadsby 2007

OUCH(UK) HELPLINE  No  01646 651979

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2014 at 1:44pm

clarkson and scuba_lee

You have both posted on the "editing profile" board. Why don't you post again on "getting to know you" board, where you will likely get more response.
Maz.
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2014 at 1:46pm by maz »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!