Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Supporter To Do List (Read 2167 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Supporter To Do List
Nov 11th, 2011 at 1:13pm

As a single parent 24/7 of a typical 11 yr old boy life is a challenge without CH's. 

Currently I am in week 14 of a very high cycle and am overwhelmed by the task I must do for myself and my son without the help of a supporter.  Stress is a trigger for me and believe if I had someone to help with typical "to do" tasks, this cycle would not be as intense nor would I feel so burdened.

I have made a list for others to consider if you are a supporter to assist beyond your nurturing patience and respect of leaving the sufferer alone while attacked. 

Helping with one or several of these "to do list" tasks would certainly make my life easier while in cycle if I had a supporter, but I don't. 

Seen below is MY list....perhaps make your own list of tasks that could help the one you love?

With or without stress of daily job....laundry, shop for groceries/household supplies, prepare breakfast/lunch/dinner, clean dishes, general house cleaning-vacuum/dusting/bathrooms/trash/etc, Mon-Fri drive to/from school, drive to/from after school program, nightly homework help, weekly drive to/from welder for o2 refills, research/post clusterheadaches.com, home repairs, yard work, doctor appointments, pharmacy, miscellaneous phone calls, side trips for water/vitamins/Redbull/coffee, organize mail/pay bills, shave/shower, encouraging pep talks w/ child that "Dad will be better soon and this will eventually end", shave/shower, etc.

Maybe you could think of a few things on this list that apply to your home/situation to make life easier on the one you are a supporter of?

At the very least, offering respect of leaving the sufferer alone while attacked by the DRAGON and your supportive continued patience is always helpful.
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2011 at 1:15pm by LasVegas »  

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Beth E
CH.com Junior

Thanks for understanding
CH.com!

Union City (Erie)  PA
Re: Supporter To Do List
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:48pm

First of all....I am sorry that you are going this alone.  That list really is not asking too much.  I have done all those things even before my Cher became a CHer.  (Except for O2 and Red Bull runs)  And we had four kids.  Our kids were all still in school when the first one hit him.  Went from Episodic to Chronic, and are on year 16.  Because I am healthy, I feel it is not too much to do all those things.  I will pray that you find a supporter someday. One day, you may find, that your son is your best supporter!  Good luck and thanks for the tips for supporters. It helps to know we are appreciated for what we can do, instead of fretting over all the stuff we can't.

No longer Helpless now!

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 4:23pm

That list sounds pretty familiar to me too. Especially the one that sooths the kiddos and lets them know daddy isn't himself, so the words coming out of his mouth are the CH talking, not him.

Hang in there Vegas. I pray this too will pass.

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 5:40am

Comforting to know you 2 understand, thanks, and please try not to give up on your loved ones!

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 9:21am

Comforting to know you 2 understand, thanks, and please try not to give up on your loved ones!

Over 31 years, of watching my CH, 29 years married to me, she hasn't given up on me yet. Smiley Smiley

Joe
...(who knows he married way above his station)

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!