Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
o2 Coming tomorrow! (Read 2733 times)
MeL
CH.com Junior

Carpe Diem!

Cleveland, Ohio
o2 Coming tomorrow!
Feb 8th, 2012 at 9:02pm

Hi all!

I called to check on the status of my O2 tank and it's coming tomorrow!  I'm so excited! 

Apparently, I'm going to be getting an "H" tank instead of 3 small tanks that they usually send out.  They had to special order it for me because they don't keep it in their supply.

I'm glad I'm getting it before the weekend, because Holy Moly the weekends have been terrible. 

Anywho, I know you can't tell me how long an "H" Tank will last since we all use them in different amounts, but anyone have a best guess/rough guesstimate?

If we don't take care of ourselves, who will?

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: o2 Coming tomorrow!
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 9:52pm

Melissa,

Great news !!!  The average abort will consume roughly 180 to 220 liters of oxygen.  At that rate your H-size oxygen cylinder that holds 6900 liters should be good for 35 to 45 aborts assuming a flow rate of 25 liters/minute and average abort time of 7 to 8 minutes.

Check the paper I sent for the proper procedure and optimum breathing technique.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2012 at 10:59pm

That's great news!  How did you accomplish that?

Make sure you have a NON-rebreather mask

and a high flow (25 lpm -- 40 lpm) regulator to hyperventilate and abort effectively.

Patience!  Good Luck!

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

MeL
CH.com Junior

Carpe Diem!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 10:32am

Batch, your paper was great!  It is sooo informative ... I have marked all the areas that I need to re-read.

Gregg, I'm not sure how or why I was able to get an H cylinder.  I was expecting to get three smaller ones because thats what they usually send out for Cluster Headache sufferers. 

I'll keep you posted on what happens later today!

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 10:54am

A large tank is better anyway. Wink

Do you have a NON-rebreather mask?

Do you have a high flow regulator that goes to at least 25 lpm?

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

MeL
CH.com Junior

Carpe Diem!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 4:47pm

HI!

I just got set up with my O2!

My paperwork says I have a K-Cylinder with an H-Tank Regulator.

I also received 3 small tanks for portable use. 

Both of the regulators only go up to 15L/min. 

SO ... I'll have to find myself a regulator that goes up higher.  When I head over to Harbor Freight is there anything specific I should be looking for?  I don't want to buy the wrong thing. 

I have a NRB mask, but I'll be purchasing one from the here ASAP.  I see what how the bag is too small to inhale and fill our lungs with the needed O2. 

Thanks everyone for your help!

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 5:04pm

Harbor Freight Tools for welders regulator
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Regulator-custom made with 0 - 60 lpm
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
DR510-700T1 is the part number.  Cost around $110 + $20 shipping for this Flotec InGage™ CGA-540 regulator.

Contact Ashley at FloTec in Indianapolis, IN (317) 273-6960 X 206

Her email is Ashley@floteco2.com

Between these two regulator resources, you will be fine once you have it all hooked up with a NON-rebreather mask.

Congrats on getting your o2 Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!