Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Return of the Beast (Read 2940 times)
goof1031
CH.com Newbie

x0|GRapid|USA||0|0|MI,Michigan
Return of the Beast
Feb 16th, 2012 at 1:34pm

Cluster head for 20yrs. The headaches returned yesterday around 8pm and again at midnight.
A Strange mild burning/pressure on the left side of my head has been happening for the last 3-4 weeks. This isn't the same pain/burning I have had with the full blown attacks.....Any Ideas?

In ClusterHead Friends we TRUST!!!!
goof1031 goof1031  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Re: Return of the Beast
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 1:59pm

Sorry to read you just started a cycle.  My thought after reading your post is that those pains over the past few weeks might've been shadows/warning signs to prepare for the return of another cycle.

Got a doctor?  Got preventive meds?  Got o2?

Hang Tough! Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

PJJM68
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 4:01am

I have an idea you are right, mine always start a few weeks, usually 2 to 3 weeks, as minor aches on the right side of my head, these eventually grow into the beast and then I know I have maybe 3 months of everyday excruciating pain. Mine started as "shadows" about 3 weeks ago and last week I was hit with a beast of untold proportions, these have been happening every day now since. One other thing I have noticed with mine is that when they start, with the slight pain, they may happen at anytime during the day or night, but as time goes on and they start getting worse then they settle into their rythym, which this time round happens to be 2pm in the afternoon for about 30 minutes and not too bad (KIPP 7) and then  the night time ones that come from 12am till 2:30am, KIPP 10, these are the suicide ones that I fear all day, just knowing that they will come is one of the most frightening things for me. Hope we all get over these as soon as possible, my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Paul.

IP Logged

goof1031
CH.com Newbie

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:37am

Thank you for the input!!
I went 6yrs PF, and in that time, the only Dr. that would really listen and knows what she is talking about..Moved. I havent tried o2. I have zip for insurance. Imitrex Injectable is all i have and about to run out of that. I just hope it sticks to the 2 month time limit!!!

goof1031 goof1031  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:52am

What do you mean by zip for insurance?

Try o2!   

As for finding another doc...Grant is a very small town, right?  You might have to drive to Grand Rapids, Lansing, KZoo, Pontiac, Detroit or Chicago.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

JohnnyO
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|worcester|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusetts
Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 4:12pm

I have not been on this site since 2005. Ahhh I am back as well grrrr. Just started back up a week ago. Had theses damn things since I was 16...just hit 40 lol and thought I maybe put them behind me after 7 years guess not.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 4:33pm

JohnnyO wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 4:12pm:
I have not been on this site since 2005. Ahhh I am back as well grrrr. Just started back up a week ago. Had theses damn things since I was 16...just hit 40 lol and thought I maybe put them behind me after 7 years guess not.

JohnnyO,
Sorry to read you're back in cycle. Embarrassed

Several things that you may find of interest since you last were in cycle...
1. Redbull/energy drinks
2. Hyperventilate o2 at 25 lpm
3. Melatonin before bed
4. Vitamin D3/Calcium Citrate/Omega Fish Oil, Magnesium

Lots of info on each of these subjects can be found within this forum. Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

IP Logged

Glen conley
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kingman arizonia
Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:03am

I have the same problem to no insurance and from a small town. Found a dr that took payments. Need a neurologist. Dr don't know crap about ch. and what you are feeling is the demon knocking on the door, this is one friend that will never leave you for the rest of your life. He does take vacations for some.

IP Logged

Mitch E
CH.com Newbie

Chronic Clusters over
twenty years !NO MOre
!

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:48am

This is a letter I sent to one of my friends on Facebook .

.FOR ANYONE WHO SUFFERS FROM CLUSTER HEADACHES (SUICIDE HEADACHES )ALARM CLOCK HEADACHES)

I have been suffering from Chronic Cluster headaches for over 20 years been to many DIFFERENT TYPES OF Drs . I have been on every type of med ..Verapamil imatrix topamax got few MRI s and been to the emergency room on a few occasions .. I have tried everything but after a while they would come back with a vengeance ..Anyway . I have been getting a little cranky in my old age and someone recommended something called 5HTP . I looked into it and started taking it . I stayed on my verapamil for a while till I realized that I was way past the usual time that it would work . I realized that it was the 5HTP that was working for me .. I have been off DR meds for over 2 years ..I take 200Mgs before bed and not only do I wake up in a good mood but no more alarm clock suicide headaches ..I think It is a miracle . I am completely headache free for almost 2 years !!!!! I was just telling my mother in law today I wish there was a way I could tell someone about this but I dont know anyone else who gets these headaches ..Go to the GNC and get a bottle of 200mg 5htp and If it worked for me I am sure it will work for any cluster headache sufferer . Good luck and let me know how it goes .. I never ever thought I would be cluster free ..I can even have a drink without worrying .I hope this helps someone
Sincerely
Mitch  Smiley

.FOR ANYONE WHO SUFFERS FROM CLUSTER HEADACHES (SUICIDE HEADACHES )ALARM CLOCK HEADACHES)
I have been suffering from Chronic Cluster headaches for over 20 years been to many DIFFERENT TYPES OF Drs . I have been on every type of med ..Verapamil imatrix topamax got few MRI s and been to the emergency room on a few occasions .. I have tried everything but after a while they would come back with a vengeance ..Anyway . I have been getting a little cranky in my old age and someone recommended something called 5HTP . I looked into it and started taking it . I stayed on my verapamil for a while till I realized that I was way past the usual time that it would work . I realized that it was the 5HTP that was working for me .. I have been off DR meds for over 2 years ..I take 200Mgs before bed and not only do I wake up in a good mood but no more alarm clock suicide headaches ..I think It is a miracle . I am completely headache free for almost 2 years.My headaches were every night ! The worst kind

IP Logged

goof1031
CH.com Newbie

Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:58am

Zip For Insurance = I have non!!!
Yes Vegas....Grant is a very small town. I have since moved to Grand Rapids. I have been to a Neuro years ago who diagnosed the clusters. I get more information for all The Clusterheads than I do from the Drs.
What exactly is 5htp? I'm willing to try anything along with the gallons of Redbull and the constant shots.

goof1031 goof1031  
IP Logged

goof1031
CH.com Newbie

Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:59am

also, do i have to have a script for o2?

goof1031 goof1031  
IP Logged

Glen conley
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Kingman arizonia
Reply #11 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:48pm

Unfortunatly you do have to have a dr write you a script or call one in for you. A lot of us use welding oxygen, it the same thing but don't tell them what you are using it for or they won't sell it to you for liability reasons. You will need to get a special reg and mask and you can find this on this site as well. I'm like Mitch I been blest with this joy for 30 conic years and been down the same road hunt and peck test after test and disappointment. Hang in there!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!