Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gaba,...Taurine and Cayenne... (Read 1617 times)
WPWaterrose
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Gaba,...Taurine and Cayenne...
Mar 5th, 2012 at 3:35pm

Hello all!
I just wanted to relate something that seems to be working fro me. And a Thank you.. much of my research has come from all of you on here!
   I am in a cycle now...but I am episodic (every 18 months like clock work). Exhausted of all the different meds...I finally switched to 0xygen a few years ago. The oxygen works every time within 10 to 15 min. God bless.. But I wanted to keep researching (as we all are constantly doing..)...
I did some research and found a relationship between shingles and clusters (nerve flair ups)...which eventually led me to the natural amino acid Gaba. I also was so desperate one night bartending that I chugged 2 red bull cans.. and it helped.. and found posts about Taurine....
3 weeks ago I went for Indian food.. ate really hot and spicy that night.. and was attack free for over 24 hours after! Which led me to Cayenne...
So..  I am now taking taurine 500mg x 3, Gaba 500mg x 3 and Cayenne 470 mg x 2 per day.
I have not had an attack in over 48 hours...
I have the oxygen here waiting.. I don't think I am out of the woods.. but dear lord I think this may be helping me for now!
Any thoughts from the family?
Thank you in advance!

William~

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Gaba,...Taurine and Cayenne...
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2012 at 3:52pm

Have heard of taurine working for some but not the other two. Please keep a journal on your progress and keep updating us as to its apparent effectiveness. If it keeps beasty at bay, I wouldn't change a thing!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

WPWaterrose
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2012 at 5:33pm

Will do...  I have learned a ton from this group.. just hoping to give back!

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 2:43am

I wonder if gaba and / or cayenne are like taurine in that they are calcium channel antagonists (or possibly they are vaso-constrictors like caffeine)?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!