Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any opinions about chiropractic treatment for CH? (Read 8619 times)
arelvee
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Any opinions about chiropractic treatment for CH?
Mar 7th, 2012 at 9:01am

Im new to this site and this group, and have no desire to proclaim the latest "Easy fix" for CH, I however have had great success with chiropractic care ending a 14 year chronic cluster. I still have occasional clusters but havent had a hit more than a 7 in the kip scale in several years. usually I get shadows that are just enough to wake me up at night and, the clusters can be prevented by visiting my chirpractor as soon as the demon begins to appear, 2 or at most 3 adjustments is all it takes to send him back to hell.

If nothing else repeated hits can definitely cause issues in the cervical spine which chiropractic care can help with. So I would like to ask a few questions to anyone who would care to answer.

1- has anyone here been recieving chiropractic care in the past to what result?

2-do you have symptoms of chiropractic problems, like feeling the need to stretch and crack your back and/or neck?

3- Do activities that strain the neck like spending hrs on the computer, reading in bed, or any physical activity that causes neck strain, trigger hits.

Im hoping to learn of your experiences. thx

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Any opinions about chiropractic treatment for CH?
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 9:53am

Bone crackers can't help your hypothalamus.

Potter

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 10:11am

Many have posted about using chiropractic care to address their CH. A few like yourself, seem to obtain a benefit from this treatment. The majority post that while it does help with the secondary issues CH causes, the screwed up necks and shoulders from all the contortions we go through when getting hit  Cheesy, it doesn't seem to address the actual cause of CH.

That being said I do seem to get a little relief during an attack from rolling my head and feeling a "pop" on the attack side of my neck/skull. I haven't ever been to a chiropractor, fortunately I haven't had the need. And I haven't found that sitting in front of a computer caused additional hits.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 10:42am

I too tried it (appr. 20 years ago) was referred to one by a very well respected orthopedic surgeon...after appr 5-6 visits (i realized) that it was worthless for C.H...i have a friend who has chronic migraines and he claims that it has helped him...wishing you nothing but good luck.....Lenny

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 11:49am

It is excellent for helping with secondary issues as was mentioned.  I am walking today because of an excellent Chiro, but it will do nothing for CH. 

A couple of years ago I was doing a house rehab for a Chiropractor who saw me get hit with a k8.  He said he wished he could help, but all that he could do for me was to give me a little "comfort care" that wouldn't help the head at all, just take care of the aches and pains in the neck, back, and muscles from the attack.  I found it interesting that when in school for Chiropractic he spent more time studying Headache and specifically CH than does a Neuro during Med School and follow up study.

Any Chiro who tells you they can do anything for CH is a quack or worse, a thief.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #5 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 12:20pm

We have a sufferer of cluster headaches here who also happens to be a Chiropracter.  He has said many times here on this site what Jerry (above) just said.  Any docotr of Chiropratic that tells you he can fix/cure/or even help CH in the smallest way, is a quack.  If it helps with the secondary symptoms like neck pain, great...but do not be fooled into thinking this is your magic bullet.  I wish it were, but it's not.  Undecided

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 2:01pm

Quote:
I however have had great success with chiropractic care ending a 14 year chronic cluster.

Correlation does not necessarily equal causation.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

arelvee
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:22pm

Uh, Ok then I suppose theres really not much hope according to you all Ill just go die then.

Well I did ask for opinions, and I guess when I'm in a cluster Im not the happiest camper either.

I know its hard to get ahold of this monster, what worked b4 wont neccisarily work now. I will say it took me a lot longer than 6-8 visits and, and I never got instant relief from an adjusment, nor was I suggesting anyone would. This however for me has proven out a dozen times.

It wasnt till my overall spine health and posture improved that I seen any effect on the clusters.  It is not easy to find a good chiropractor, most are clueles, Im glad my current chiro is not a sufferer and actually tries to help me, he gave me no claims just a good and I might add succesful effort.

Thank you for all the encouragement. God Bless.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:49pm by arelvee »  

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #8 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:01pm

arelvee wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:22pm:
Uh, Ok then I suppose theres really not much hope according to you all Ill just go die then.

Well I did ask for opinions, and I guess when I'm in a cluster Im not the happiest camper either.

I know its hard to get ahold of this monster, what worked b4 wont neccisarily work now. I will say it took me a lot longer than 6-8 visits and, and I never got instant relief from an adjusment, nor was I suggesting anyone would. This however for me has proven out a dozen times.

It wasnt till my overall spine health and posture improved that I seen any effect on the clusters.  It is not easy to find a good chiropractor, most are clueles, Im glad my current chiro is not a sufferer and actually tries to help me, he gave me no claims just a good and I might add succesful effort.

Thank you for all the encouragement. God Bless.

You could use some attitude adjustment.

Potter

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #9 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:25pm

Don't"       " go die then".    Start reading around here and accept some tried and true treatments from people here who have decades of experience as well as knowing and being associated through O.U.C.H. with some awesome Neurologists and doctors who have been on our side in this condition of ours.   It is through them we've garnered our experience.

This site, as someone recently said, has more information on Cluster headaches than you will find in any medical book.   

If you look to the left you will find links.  Those links and all the info. in them have been accumulated over the last 13 years by dedicated folks to help everyone, not only understand the scientific causation and terminology, but the latest treatments.  We always say around here...."A knowledgable CH-er hurts a lot less"

Your homework tonight if you choose to accept it is:

(cue the Mission impossible theme music)

Read at least 1/2  of the links to the left of here.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

arelvee
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:37pm

"You could use some attitude adjustment"

Potter[/quote

Its sarcasm, folks Im sorry for the snip.

The "Demon" is the enemy hes out to steal, kill and, destroy. If he cant get you physically hell do it mentally or spiritally.

Im only trying to share what works for me, Chiro helps me and can help some of you but ultimately its your choice.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:50pm by arelvee »  

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #11 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 11:34pm

Are chiropractors even recognized by the American Medical Association?

I've met at least 50 chiropractors (business related) and can honestly conclude they are generally very uneducated compared to medical doctors and more than most i've encountered don't pay their bills on time.

My opinion is they would be worthless for CH's. 

For sound medical advice, go see a neurologist who specializes in CH's...see the OUCH website-recommended doctors;)

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!