Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Think beastys coming back (Read 802 times)
Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Mersea Island nr Colchester
Think beastys coming back
May 27th, 2012 at 3:39pm

After two and a half years of constant but generally mild shadows I had one really strong shadow about mid-night on Thursday , whole right side of my face numb and stiff and starting to feel the beast trying to force his way through- not what you would call a mild hit  but close .

This has happened a few times in the last two years so I thought no more of it , until....................................
Last night I had two glasses of white wine and just after I finished the last glass wham .

I had about two seconds of strong shadow and then straight into a K6, one can of blue charge and 15 minutes later and it was all over , it was a most unpleasant reminder that the beast is still lurking around and that he hasn't forgotten about me  Angry

Today so far it's been back to the usual shadows , so here's to hoping that was just a rogue hit and I can go back to forgetting about it as best I can .

don't know whether it relevant or not but I started taking one a day benadryl this week for hayfever .

Nigel

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

Some people cause happyness wherever they go, others whenever they go

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Think beastys coming back
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2012 at 4:20am

Hoping it's just a rogue visit to remind you that the beast is around but nothing more.

Hopefully you've got all your anti-CH weapons ready to go in case...

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2012 at 7:29am

Hey Nigel, good to hear from you. Not good that you're still in pain. It isn't surprising, but it is disappointing. I've wondered about the allergy meds, too. With all of the pollen swirling around, and I think most of it going into my nose, I've had to take a variety of allergy meds. Is there a connection between hits and seasons? most seem to think so. Not so clear about whether or not benadryl, or any of the others, actually help but what the heck...I'm taking them anyway so if they do help me, or you, all the better. I can't tell but maybe you are in a better position since your cycles are episodic. Anyhoo, don't be a stranger. God bless. lance

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - May 28th, 2012 at 9:02am

I'm sorry to hear that Nigel. Cry Not sure if you tried batch's regimen last go round but it's the biggest thing since sliced bread and oxygen...not necassaarily in that order!

Hoping you catch a short ride this go round.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Mersea Island nr Colchester
Reply #4 - May 28th, 2012 at 8:58pm

Thanks guys

I had a strong shadow Sunday night and a gain at lunch time today but nothing so far this evening, not even a hint which is good.

My anti CH weapons consist of Imitrex and Blue Charge (cheep as chips energy drink) all tho my stock pile of imitrex jabs went out of date last year , but I understand that it can still be used . Don't know about the pack that has been traveling around with me for the last two years tho , it has been subject to living in my work van summer and winter so it's probably been roasted and frozen.

I have read a lot about Baches D3 regimen . My wife has a severe vitamin D deficiency with a count of 25 at one point althoe it is steadily coming back up now, her Doctor told her the best way to increase your vit D levels is to get some sun and that her deficiency was probably caused by years of using factor 40 sun block. Being as I work outside year round I didn't consider vit D being a problem for me (especially as I don't use any sun block)

Oh well I'm sure if this dose become a full cycle at least I can have fun going to and from the doctors , and go armed with some literature and other info this time around . Hay may be I'll be able to talk him into giving me O2 this time around..........OOO is that a flying pig I just saw  Grin

Thanks again guys , I'm always about dipping in and having a read when I manage to get the computer to my self for a few minutes even if I don't say much.

God bless

Nigel

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

Some people cause happyness wherever they go, others whenever they go

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #5 - May 29th, 2012 at 2:45am

Do go for the flying pig. Oxygen is even better than the Pink Floyd album with flying pigs (Animals) at dealing with a CH hit. It is available on the NHS and you can get a pre-filled out HOOF form (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register).

Get it and enjoy killing of CHs quick, although hopefully this isn't needed!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!