Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
What's your good news? (Read 99785 times)
DennyM
CH.com Junior

shoodabinanun

Cairns, Queensland
Re: What's your good news?
Reply #350 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 7:46pm

maz wrote on Nov 11th, 2014 at 7:00pm:
Just a bit more time and I reckon to see right through women's clothing, which counts for nothing when you've already seen certain lady CHeads and Supporters coming equal first in a wet T-shirt competition, but that's another story.

Smiley

I can read between the lines you know !!!! 

Hey, Brian, that was supposed to be secret!

Let's get him, Maz!!

Forgive them their sins against us, just don't let them forget 'em.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #351 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 9:03pm

Hope everyone had a great Veteran's Day. Gotta love holidays. We celebrated the usual way going from restaurant to café to sandwich shop to donut place for free stuff. Then to the restroom, twice. We also went around town for the pre-Thanksgiving, pre-Black Friday, pre-Christmas holiday sales. Mattress's were on sale, still.
Back to work tomorrow. If I had a job to go to.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #352 - Nov 12th, 2014 at 12:58am

DennyM wrote on Nov 11th, 2014 at 7:46pm:
maz wrote on Nov 11th, 2014 at 7:00pm:
Just a bit more time and I reckon to see right through women's clothing, which counts for nothing when you've already seen certain lady CHeads and Supporters coming equal first in a wet T-shirt competition, but that's another story.

Smiley

I can read between the lines you know !!!! 

Hey, Brian, that was supposed to be secret!

Let's get him, Maz!!

And two years ago for myself and my wonderful supporter. Thanks for some wonderful memories Denny (and Brian too).

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #353 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 5:59am

Krispy Kreme have finally opened their doors in Perth today They have been trading in other Australian capital city's for the past 12yrs  Smiley

Hoppy.
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2014 at 6:07am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Don B
CH.com Veteran

What's another word for
Thesaurus ?

Meriden, Ct.
Reply #354 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 6:07am

That's great news that they finally found you !

now they'll be fresh, unlike when you get back from Costco with a truckload of them  Cheesy

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #355 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 8:21am

Getting ready to start cooking the "traditional" Thanksgiving Dinner and already set the scales back 10 pounds.. Smiley  Happy Pre-Thanksgiving.. plan on some parade watching and football tomorrow... NO WORK for this old broad..  Kiss

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #356 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 10:49am

We don't celebrate thanksgiving here Barbara, but I'm happy to go along with your NO WORK ethic. Day off all round then! Any excuse for me. Grin Have a great day.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #357 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 6:10pm

G'day Don,
No need to go too Costco now, although we have a friend
who travels back and forth too Sydney on business, and
brings us a box of Krispy Kreme  Smiley

Hoppy.

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #358 - Dec 16th, 2014 at 4:55am

Today is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day.  Smiley
We're going to Baskin Robbins for breakfast.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #359 - Dec 16th, 2014 at 5:22am

BobG wrote on Dec 16th, 2014 at 4:55am:
Today is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day.  Smiley

I used to mow an old lady's lawn and she'd always thank me with a glass of lemonade and a bowl of peanuts.

Asked her once if she'd like to join me in the nuts and she said, "Nah, I only like the chocolate off the outside".

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #360 - Feb 10th, 2015 at 10:11pm

just giving you guys an update...

i am loving my new job.  though, it feels like i left a part of me with the infantry... 

but, its not all that different.  im now in 3rd SFG.  the green hats are pretty motivated individuals.  its a different atmosphere though.  the biggest difference is that i am MI now and not infantry.    people told me immediately upon my arrival that my ODA wont really trust me until i show that i can hang with them, physically, but im used to that.  im a small guy.  so, business as usual.  but i can kinda see their point.  im one of only 4 SOT-A guys in the whole group who consistently maxes their PT test and can maintain a fast ruck pace.  im just used to it from my infantry back ground.

so, the good news...  i bought a house with a 60 foot wide pond, two horse barns, a garage/shop, a chicken coop, storage room/tac room...  lots of cool things for projects later on.  lots of awesomeness. 

and akina just became a licensed snap-on tool dealer about a month ago.  she is one of two in the fayetteville area, and is the only one that services fort bragg.  so, we are five years into our ten year plan for me getting out of the army.  half way there.  so far, everything has gone according to plan.  i got the job, i completed the training, and i got the re-enlistment bonus.  and promptly spent it to get my wife started with snap-on.  now i just have to finish my five years while akina grows the business, and when i get out, ill just work with her.  making more than i do as a staff sergeant in the army.  im pretty damn optimistic about life. 

oh, and my daughter competed in her first martial arts tournament:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2015 at 10:14pm by AubanBird »  

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #361 - Feb 26th, 2015 at 5:37pm

Good news all the way around, Auban!  Congrats to your daughter.

My good news is I just finished my second book, "Davy Faraday and the Secret of the Spiral Staircase."  It's another YA novel for younger teens.  Now I have to get it edited and then see about publishing.  I also have a novella that I'm thinking about self-publishing.  Haven't heard back from the publisher on my first novel yet, but expect to any day.  Life here, while curtailed by my lack of mobility is good.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #362 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 1:28pm

I'm pumped!!!!  Got home from church last night to find an email from my publisher.  He wants to talk with me today about the next step with my book!!!!!  Don't know exactly what he has in mind, but I know it's not a rejection.  They don't call for that!

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #363 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 4:23pm

The publisher is sending me a contract!  Now comes the next part of the waiting game, but progress is being made.  Very excited.

Jerry

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #364 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:03pm

Good luck Jerry. Hope it's a best seller. Smiley   Smiley

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #365 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 6:46pm

Callico wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 4:23pm:
The publisher is sending me a contract!  Now comes the next part of the waiting game, but progress is being made.  Very excited.

Jerry

The odds of being a published author are....well...'bout the same as the odds of being a clusterhead....so you're WAY ahead of the game Jer!!!

Delighted

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #366 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 12:30am

Callico wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 4:23pm:

Simply wonderful news. Many, many people try to get a book published, so getting a publisher to take it on great. May it be the first of many.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #367 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 7:17pm

We are enjoying our time here in Broome, it's nice to get away from cold old Perth for awhile, and just chill, in beautiful 29c days.  Cool

Hoppy

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #368 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 1:48am

Dr Hoppy...........You lucky @@@@
                    Grin

enjoy your break and the warm weather

colin
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2015 at 1:49am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #369 - Aug 10th, 2015 at 6:32pm

Thanks Colin, It's pretty amazing, just a 2 1/2 hour flight north of Perth and your in the tropics lol. It will be a shock to the system when we arrive back home next week lol, but their is one good thing to look foreword too. Spring will soon be in the air  Smiley

Dr Hoppy

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #370 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 10:33pm

Spoke with my managing editor, my production manager, and another lady that I'm not sure what her function is, but it is something to do with the interior design of my book. We have set June 21 of next year for the public release of the book! It will be available as an eBook a month or so before that time, and I will have copies sometime in October.

If you are interested in a signed copy PM me so I know it is through CH dot com and all proceeds will go to CH dot com. I'm anxiously excited! This is a lot longer process than I thought it was when I got into it!

Jerry

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #371 - Aug 19th, 2015 at 1:18pm

Some of us can say, we knew you when...

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #372 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 8:40am

Yeah Linda -- back when he was just plain "Jerry" and not J. L. ... oh well... those were the good old days... Smiley Kiss

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #373 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 8:44am

WE HAD RAIN YESTERDAY!!!! First time in about 45 days... It actually "stormed" here and was "cool" .. big change..

My dogs almost drowned... Poor things would run out in the yard - look up at the sky, then run back on the porch and shake off real good and then run back out in the yard... don't think they remembered what rain was..

The weather guesser calls for more of the wet stuff again today... Fingers crossed... the weeds were turning brown...

Ok, people, it don't take much to make me happy... I'm OLD you know! Kiss

IP Logged

Mark Olson
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Jose, CA
Reply #374 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 11:51am

Send some rain our way.  Our weeds are dead and the trees are looking bad...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!