Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How can I help my support (Read 3517 times)
thbaker41
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Bowlinggreen Kentucky
How can I help my support
Sep 8th, 2012 at 4:57pm

Hey everyone I know I'm new here and just asking a ton of question's but this is all new to me and my wife who I am driving insane along with me but other than getting up out of the bed as quite as a mouse and going into the garage to not freak everyone out but she knows when I get up and she knows why and it kills her all she keeps saying is what can I do for you most times I just tell her it's ok this while looks like trying to remove my head from the shoulders. She has seen me have a couple of setbacks one surgery hernia and then I found out I have degenerative disk in my neck so it would lock up on me for a couple weeks at a time and she was always there and I always was grateful and thanked her but this she tells me all the time she wishes she had her husband back and now this which I have no clue till this sight what the hell was wrong with me she has mixed emotions though on one hand shes happy we know what were treating and on the other it scares the hell out of her well sorry to get on here and tell my life story maybe lack of sleep ever due with out sleep long enough and it feels like you have some kind of a buzz well if anyone can tell me how to help her help me I would appreciate it thanks Tim

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: How can I help my support
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:25pm

Hi Tim

You know your wife best. However invite her here to read and join with other supporters so she can understand even better that she is not the only one supporting someone with CH.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 6:28pm

Both of you need to spend some time on this site and read. So many of the questions you ask have already been answered, and the answers are here.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Squirrel
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Wisconsin
Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 1:42pm

Tim - have her PM "personal message" me.  I'm a normal wife from Wisconsin, so nothing strange.  She needs support.  I never could have survived without this site.  I could always use another supporter to talk to.

IP Logged

thbaker41
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Bowlinggreen Kentucky
Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 4:05pm

Hey thanks I will tell her that although she hates this site says it's just to much to read about all of us hurting all the time. I will be so lucky if my marriage can make it through this I know we love each other but it's not just the ch throw in all the other stress and hell I think she's a little more for the worse than me

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 6:37am

I'm simply thankful that I'm just a CHead because I'd never make it as a supporter.

Dunno how they do it.  Really I don't.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Shedz
CH.com Alumnus

OUCH UK MEMBER

x1|Walsingham|United_Kingdom|europe|193|223|
Reply #6 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:31pm

My last partner was'nt able to deal with the CH very well, it was a contributing factor to the relationship ending. I've only been with my current partner for seven months now and she's been brilliant, especially as CH is new to her. An understanding friend or partner are worth their weight in gold!!!

I push my fingers into my eyes, It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache, But it's made of all the things I have to take, Jesus it never ends it just works its way inside, If the pain goes on, I AM gonna make it.... Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Jrcox
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

FARMINGTON, MN
Reply #7 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 1:54pm

Yes, all great advice. Have her login and create an account and read read read. Post questions, vent. We are all in this together. I had a relationship that ended after many years of witnessing me loose my mind. I have know doubt my CH were a big part of our divorce.

jason

Jrcox jasonandmason jasonandmason@me.com jasonandmason  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!